EFL appeal

Sith Happens

11 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

By the sounds of it, they won’t be pumping money into the club, but they will balance the books each year.

I actually rate the job the GSE did for us, they managed to get the club in to a very financially secure position, paid off the stadium got rid of all the high earners and in the end they had us very competitive under Mac, who knows how it may have turned out had they had continued? We would have sold out best players but probably have spent wiser knowing that what is spent must come back in. 

They paid off the stadium? That is just blatantly untrue. MM paid the £15m mortgage off after taking over the club.

And despite GSE getting rid of the high earners we were still losing £9m per year, a loss that they no longer wanted to cover and they could not wait to get  rid of us.

I had no problems with GSE but its amazing seeing their tenure being praised when people were protesting against them and 'the Barker type fee' jibe was used against them on an almost daily basis.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

embargo until it is agreed, we are in a rock and a hard place!

I would have thought a fine would be the most likely outcome with a warning on future accounting practices. You never know with the EFL as they like to punish their member clubs and make an example of them.

I could see a 6 point penalty reduced to 3 points for next season. If we win our first two games ? We would then be 3 points off the autos .?

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If the EFL’s number one priority was the safeguarding and governance of the football clubs it regulates it would :-

1. Insist that the fit and proper test as a potential director and proof of funds in a UK bank account were proved before negotiations started between a potential buyer and a club.

2. Have lighter touch regulation, where the welfare of the club came above draconian sanctions, celebrated in the press.

3. Campaign against FFP, as in the Championship for example,at least three of its member clubs have an unfair advantage each season due to parachute payments.

4. Not be influenced by outside agendas which are basically a revenge mission by one club against another.

5. Stop diving, dissent and gobbing on the pitch

The spitting on the pitch business. Are you suggesting players should run to the touch line and eject into a spittoon? 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No but Im not led to believe it will be a points deduction either, other than by the media who also were saying we had lost the original case and were going to be deducted 21 points.

MM said in his only interview with the national media that he would continue to fund the club until a buyer was found, not sure what more you want him to say? Does he have to keep on saying it every payday?

There isnt really a circle for the conversation to go round in, you want people to help you protest but you dont really say what they are supposed to be protesting against or exactly what it is you want, other than what has been said already?

I'm not sure any director of a company could guarantee things will be alright when there are so many unknowns in the current situation. 

3 months ago. 3 months ago. Alot has changed since then. Even today things have changed.

This has already been discussed G Star. David has made reference to it.

1 minute ago, Rambam said:

The spitting on the pitch business. Are you suggesting players should run to the touch line and eject into a spittoon? 

Haven’t they got a swallow reflex. What do people do in the office ? Gob ont carpet ? And don’t say it’s down to over exertion........that only happened in the last game ?

I personally feel there needs to be independent regulation over the transfers and how they are funded, clubs should put together a budget send to a league regulator that approves the budget, based on the individual club and its income. Derby should be able to spend more than Rotherham, because Derby generate more income via their turnstiles etc. The EFL should take a look at Derby’s projected income and say okay Derby you can spend £10million this season as that is what you can afford, even if your owner pulls out,  You’ll be okay. 
They’ll then do the same with Rotherham, and they’ll give them a budget. If Rotherham suddenly get a massive financial takeover, they might want to spend more and the League could look at ways to allow them to spend more but protect the club by putting in measures to ensure that the owner can’t just leave and put the club into admin. 

FFP just doesn’t work. It’s failed. It’s allowed clubs to go bust. 

13 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

3 minutes ago, therams69 said:

3 months ago. 3 months ago. Alot has changed since then. Even today things have changed.

Has he come out since them 3 months and said he is not prepared to continue funding the club until we find a buyer? If not, isnt it safe to assume that his statement stil stands?

57 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

You can call me a grammar pedant but I don’t care. This “appealing a decision “ drives me mad so I’m glad to see that John Percy correctly says “appeal against this decision “. “Appealing a decision” is almost as bad as saying “of” instead of “have”.

Or saying " Haitch " instead of " Aitch " - aarrgghh .

8 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Well you've got me confused. Please fill in the following form, I'm sure it will help us all .

Things I want to protest against:

Things I want the Club to do in response to our/my protest:

Thanks in anticipation.

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

You can call me a grammar pedant but I don’t care. This “appealing a decision “ drives me mad so I’m glad to see that John Percy correctly says “appeal against this decision “. “Appealing a decision” is almost as bad as saying “of” instead of “have”.

well I'm glad you've got something terrible to worry about?

Just now, Eatonram said:

Well you've got me confused. Please fill in the following form, I'm sure it will help us all .

Thanks in anticipation.

Things I want to protest against:

1 Mel being broke

2 Alternative sugar daddies turning out to be skint

3 Wayne Rooney being an actual potato.

Things I want the Club to do in response to our/my protest:

1 The good times to roll again

2 The EFL to issue grovelling appology to DCFC and take Steve Gibson to task

3 Announce Rooney is being replaced by *very high caliber manager yet to be determined*

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yet the accountants on the DC found nothing wrong with the policy itself. Only lawyers on the LAP think it's improper for the intended purpose. In fact, the LAP praised the club's honesty.

This bit confuses me. So the arbitration panel (with no accountancy expertise) rules that the commission (which includes an accountant) was wrong on a point of accountancy legality. And that is referred back to the commission (including the accountant) who went into a fair amount of detail about why accountancy law wasn’t broken, to decide on a punishment. Makes no sense.