EFL appeal

Sith Happens

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The original Disciplinary Committee acquitted us. The EFL appealed against an accountancy offense, with no accountants on their appeals panel. They won one of their charges. It now goes back to the original Disciplinary Committee to decide what, if any, punishment there should be. My hope is that there will be none.

Spot on. But there was an accountant on the original panel (DC) but not on the EFL chosen 2nd panel (LAP). How convenient!

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Oh it’s bad. The corner flag has been released. 

Ok perhaps I’m being really stupid 

but reading that I still don’t see how they can throw the book at us 

It’s a difference in accountancy practices ffs 

there's nothing illegal with that 

if they didn’t want us to account in such a way then why sign it off and allow it to continue 

oh ... and gibsons total chump F!£k

23 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Listen .... You know .... The best is yet to come.... #tiktok

Without sounding rude, if you have something to tell us all why not just say it instead of carrying on with all of this cryptic nonesense.

You claim to have the clubs best interests at heart, so surely if you have some earth shattering news then surely you would need us all to know to get us on your side and putting some pressure on the ownership. 

Now I don't know you but from what other people say you seem to be a nice genuine guy, but from an outsider point of view, the tactics you are employing on here just make you lool like an attention seeker. I'm not saying that as an insult just letting you know why you will potentially be harming the cause that you say you want people to join with you and fight.

I know you've said you wont say anything because people know who you are but what are you expecting? Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce to come round your house when it is dark and bury you under Pride Park Stadium?

As long as what you are saying is factual and not libellous I'm really not sure why you think that you cannot say it on here.

Assuming we ARE allowed to appeal the penalty imposed, then this I would guess is why any points reduction cannot be applied this season* as you could not be unrelegated with a successful appeal and then we are all back in the courts asking for huge compensation for being in the wrong division.

*Assuming usual glacial pace that EFL do anything. Personally can’t see why it could not all be done in a couple of weeks.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Without sounding rude, if you have something to tell us all why not just say it instead of carrying on with all of this cryptic nonesense.

You claim to have the clubs best interests at heart, so surely if you have some earth shattering news then surely you would need us all to know to get us on your side and putting some pressure on the ownership. 

Now I don't know you but from what other people say you seem to be a nice genuine guy, but from an outsider point of view, the tactics you are employing on here just make you lool like an attention seeker. I'm not saying that as an insult just letting you know why you will potentially be harming the cause that you say you want people to join with you and fight.

I know you've said you wont say anything because people know who you are but what are you expecting? Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce to come round your house when it is dark and bury you under Pride Park Stadium?

As long as what you are saying is factual and not libellous I'm really not sure why you think that you cannot say it on here.

I have .... Actually posted this before I had finished writing it - work came calling! I finished by saying the worst is yet to come with the points deduction and unclarity is not what we need. We need to focus on next season and whilst all this hangs over our heads we are not going anyway. To add to this with the depleted squad, minus points to start with, who is going to want to sign for us let alone own us without confirmation of where we start...

Correct you dont me. Lets leave it as that.

This isnt my fight. Its all of our fight. I just want to hear from our CEO and chairman, simple really.

3 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I have .... Actually posted this before I had finished writing it - work came calling! I finished by saying the worst is yet to come with the points deduction and unclarity is not what we need. We need to focus on next season and whilst all this hangs over our heads we are not going anyway. To add to this with the depleted squad, minus points to start with, who is going to want to sign for us let alone own us without confirmation of where we start...

Correct you dont me. Lets leave it as that.

This isnt my fight. Its all of our fight. I just want to hear from our CEO and chairman, simple really.

Youve said that we will get a points deduction which is complete speculation. The matter is being referred back to the DC who initially pretty much ruled most things in our favour. 

Im not exactly sure what I am fighting for?

Didnt the club put out a statement after the final match and again today regarding the EFL announcement? What exactly are you wanting them to say?

Edited by G STAR RAM

34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The original Disciplinary Committee acquitted us. The EFL appealed against an accountancy offense, with no accountants on their appeals panel. They won one of their charges. It now goes back to the original Disciplinary Committee to decide what, if any, punishment there should be. My hope is that there will be none.

Can you imagine the absolute uproar if we got a verbal telling off?

The wider situation aside, I'd find that absolute hilarious.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Youve said that we will get a points deduction which is complete speculation. The matter is being referred back to the DC who initially pretty much ruled most things in our favour. 

Im not exactly sure what I am fighting for?

Didnt the club put out a statement after the final match and again today regarding the EFL announcement? What exactly are you wanting them to say?

Not lead to believe it will be anything different to that... Are you?

Said this on another thread. Reassurance that the club is going to be okay. Why haven't neither of them spoke to the fans? They are hiding. That statement wasn't from them. May well be titled that but nothing personal in there.

If you feel they should stay quiet then this convo doesnt need to go on as going round in circles.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It does seem that the ‘call for action’ is, showing signs of, err, flagging.  
By the way, I know a urologist who offers his services on Tiktok.  Refers to himself as a Dicdoc.

By altering their accountancy practices in regards to the valuation of their players, Derby reportedly removed losses in excess of £30m over a three-year spell between 2015-18. According to the EFL’s profit and sustainability rules, a club can be charged if a loss of £39m or over is recorded over a three-year period.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/Derby-county-points-deduction-efl-appeal-ffp-relegation-championship-explained-995199

Edited by ThePrisoner
Please do not post full articles as per the forum rules.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

People aren’t allowed to spread rumours on this forum. I was well informed about about Mel and the sale on quite a few things but my comments deleted because I’m not John Percy. Some of what I hear ends up being rubbish too, but that’s the thing about rumours you’ll get some stuff like that. 

FWIW another takeover is being lined up by a local consortium, they can’t get the funds to make it happen as it stands but if the fans are in next year and we haven’t been sold off to whoever will take us before then it may well happen. 

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The highlighted part beggars belief. In the absence of a prescribed amortisation model, the club, like most other companies, is obliged to follow financial reporting standards, in this case FRS102. The club's auditors, by definition qualified accountants, were clearly satisfied that they did, so how on earth can someone who is not an accountant say that they didn't. It is almost as if they deliberately chose not to have an accountant on the panel so that they could get the decision they wanted without having to let the facts get in the way of their disgusting face-saving ploy.

1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

People aren’t allowed to spread rumours on this forum. I was well informed about about Mel and the sale on quite a few things but my comments deleted because I’m not John Percy. Some of what I hear ends up being rubbish too, but that’s the thing about rumours you’ll get some stuff like that. 

FWIW another takeover is being lined up by a local consortium, they can’t get the funds to make it happen as it stands but if the fans are in next year and we haven’t been sold off to whoever will take us before then it may well happen. 

I hope so .. Would prefer a local consortium to anything else. A board of good figures as opposed to 1 man deciding everything. Lets just hope this come to fruition and quickly.

20 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I'm hoping the fact that it goes back to the original panel is a good sign - one of the things that seemed so wrong was the idea their opinion could or should be disregarded in favour of the second opinion, which thankfully proved not to be the case - ultimately the second panel's decision only really serves as a guide for original panel when it comes to a decision on punishment?

So it goes back to the original panel, who were of the mind that our only real error was not recording our intentions clearly enough. This same panel now make a further judgement based on one new finding, one which still shows that we acted in good faith, even if what we ended up doing turned out to be against some rules (despite us gaining approval from the EFL prior to doing it)?

Is that likely to be enough to sway them from thinking the EFL were being somewhat frivolous in chasing punishment to thinking we should be tarred, feathers, hung, draw & quartered? We shall see.

Also means I think that it will be a while until we hear about any punishment.

Need to reconvene the original panel, have representations from EFL and DCFC on punishment. Then make a decision.

For the Wednesday case this process took 2 weeks. But this was off the back of the original case. In our case we need to find appropriate slots in the diaries of EFL and DCFC lawyers and the panel where they can all come together.

I expect to hear nothing for at least 6 weeks.

1 minute ago, therams69 said:

In all seriousness, would we not be doing the same as him as in a club? Bitter and all that I get but if the shoe was on the other foot?

In terms of busness and law, there's no right and wrong, only fighting for your interest and having things in dispute sided in your favor or not.

Of course Boro thought they had something and pushed it as hard as they could. It's not about morality, it's about law and accountancy. ditto Wycombe, if they had a chance to argue to stay up based of this, of course they're going to fight it.

Morality and rofessional football are not remotly connected, especially football finance.