Match Thread: Leyton Orient (h)

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nobody expects a full flair side of 5 ft 6 players, likewise nobody expects a team of 6ft 3 cloggers. Even Mick McCarthy’s Ipswich had some technical players like McGoldrick and Judge.

Just because Warne has signed Joel Ward doesn’t mean he doesn’t prefer a physical side. And claiming Kane Wilson is technical. The guy is nicknamed the buffalo for a reason. He is a bulldozer, no technique about him.

Warne clearly favors a physical team over a technical one. And it hasn’t served him badly in League One as he closing in on four promotions. But in most cases, it doesn’t serve you well in the Championship.

I feel he will either need to change his approach, or somehow hope Clowes gives him a top half budget to compete.

Warne + a bottom half budget = likely battle against relegation.

Which you will love so you can keep posting your negative comments. Your entrenched in your views - at least get your facts right - it’s Joe Ward - I think the reference to Wilson being a buffolo is more that he goes rampaging down the wing rather than he is built like a steam train. Wilson certainly has technical skill - I’m sure most will agree.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't going to do it but was awake early, so I thought I would compile a list of the experts from yesterday...

If you'd checked my post history you'd know I've already explained my comments. They were motivational, and they worked, so if anything it should be me taking a big slice of the credit for our result.

Don’t always agree with what Leigh Curtis writes but do agree with his thoughts here:

“After the midweek draw at Wycombe……understandably there were plenty amongst the black and white legion that were feeling a bit morose. Some had even written off automatic promotion, although our advise is to never read social media in the immediate aftermath of a game, particularly if you want a reasoned reaction”

I purposely didn’t gonna on this Forum after Wednesday night until after the game yesterday. Even then couldn’t believe some of the vitriolic comments on team selection and even worse some after a great result and and help from other games.

Some need to look at themselves in the mirror

1 hour ago, nick_d said:

There was a group of lads in the west stand, one of them dressed in a Derby strip (shirt, shorts and socks). I got chatting to them in the concourse at half time, turns out it was a stag do, the groom, dressed in the strip, was a Leyton Orient fan and after the match they were heading to Nottingham for a night out.

Class😀

Hope they enjoyed sampling the interior of the QMC last night if they were going round town in a Derby kit 

4 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Don’t always agree with what Leigh Curtis writes but do agree with his thoughts here:

“After the midweek draw at Wycombe……understandably there were plenty amongst the black and white legion that were feeling a bit morose. Some had even written off automatic promotion, although our advise is to never read social media in the immediate aftermath of a game, particularly if you want a reasoned reaction”

I purposely didn’t gonna on this Forum after Wednesday night until after the game yesterday. Even then couldn’t believe some of the vitriolic comments on team selection and even worse some after a great result and and help from other games.

Some need to look at themselves in the mirror

Did he really spell the noun as 'advise'?

Is he a professional?

A confident and comfortable performance yesterday.  The only thing missing was a goal from open play but that doesn’t worry me.  Both yesterday and at Wycombe, particularly 1st half, we created some really good ones.  The defence never looked in trouble and I thought we controlled midfield.  Smith had a really good game, he was comfortable on the ball and always available to receive it.  Collins looked more like himself and put his usual shift in.  Kane’s goal was right in front of me, definitely his.

I might be in a minority but I don’t mind Bradley.  Personally, I think he plays better when he’s captain, he seems to thrive on the responsibility.  Yes, he made some mistakes early on but Warne acted on it.  Pleased he got his goals and hope that gives him a lift for the last 2 games.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Yea yea ( yawn ) you then go on to say Wilson is called the buffalo because he’s just a bulldozer,,, perhaps that’s just his build ? Very early the wife and I nicknamed him twinkle toes because he has very good fast feet and excellent dribbling skills , do you actually watch games or just read stuff 🤷🏻‍♂️,

well done though , we are arguing the toss over this negative and that negative right after a fantastic day / win ,, of course you have covered this well and set the ground by posting in places that you are certain we will be promoted , leaving you free and clear to pick holes in everything 👏👏👏👏👏

I thought he was called the buffalo because of his poor internet connection.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't going to do it but was awake early, so I thought I would compile a list of the experts from yesterday...

To be fair I was expecting that.

However, to be a miserable git, we won because of set pieces. We created nothing from open play in the first half. The first corner was won when NML went out to the wing into his natural position.

Second half was better as the game was more stretched and they were tired but we still didn’t score from open play.

Of course a win is a win, and I’ll take it as I want to be in the Championship next season but I stand by my comments - that line up and that formation doesn’t score goals. Other teams won’t gift us so many corners and have a goalkeeper who is rooted to his line. As another poster on here said, if we did it to exploit a recognised set piece defensive set up from them, then good job.

13 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Having said that, my heart sank when I saw the team sheet, because like a bad smell, Bradley was back in. My only surprise was that Warne's other boyfriend Hourihane wasn't starting, 

Not really sure what relevance how Paul Warne identifies has to do with the match yesterday but it only goes to further undermine whatever points you were attempting to put across in your esteemed post match analysis.

It's a pretty crass item to include in any match report, unfortunate at the best and borderline offensive at the worst.

12 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Only just seen result  3 mins ago  F******* Unbelievable, 

would not have come up with this in a million years- we are def going up

The Soccer Gods are on our side!

It’s not the soccer Gods, it is the fact that we played three in the middle, with good shape and total purpose. It sped the game up, made the passes more incisive and we were a structured team. This,  coupled with the fact that everyone looked like they knew where should be on the pitch made the game flow.

A good midfield should protect the defence and engineer chances for the attack, this we did throughout, perhaps until CH was brought on and for five it looked like we were going to stagnate again but then Corey moved into the middle and we got on the rails again.

it’s just a pity that in the past, a lot of us have seen the hole in midfield , when just two are played their and almost cried out for this to be noted and changed, to no avail.

I do hope that we can just maintain this for the final two and that lessons are learned.

COYR

15 hours ago, ck- said:

I’m looking forward to all the  tactical geniuses who called this a sackable formation and no chance of any goals, coming on here and admitting that they got it wrong. 

To be fair, very few Derby fans could see goals in that line up and they were correct. Not to be churlish about a 3-0 win but we didn’t score from open play although we could’ve had 3 had chances gone in. But credit to the management team who saw the weakness in Orient’s back line. 

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

To be fair, very few Derby fans could see goals in that line up and they were correct. Not to be churlish about a 3-0 win but we didn’t score from open play although we could’ve had 3 had chances gone in. But credit to the management team who saw the weakness in Orient’s back line. 

So the lineup was not the problem, it was the players. If they are not capable of putting changes away it doesn't make any difference what formation we play.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

In this thread alone there are several posts with strong and personal remarks about Warne and some of the players. Far harsher than anything I write.

Yet I post something and suddenly I’m trolling, or people are quick to cry about it.

It's because you've posted a lot on this forum and have articulate and seemingly well considered views. You do tred the line on arrogance though, which winds people up, especially when you seem to be posting just to get reactions. Why post the same opinion on next season in the matchday thread every time we win? It's not even relevant to the match.

The people who post personal remarks about Warne and players are nobodies, no one really cares what they say.

You are a celebrity on here. With great power come great responsibility.

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I commented this at half time.  We were really in charge, played aggressively and looked dominate. 

However, we actually created little from open play. Without the corner routines would we have not scored and the game become another stalemate? I honestly don't know. We played better than we have other weeks, the formation worked better... but may the same worries have resurfaced (and more to the point - could they this weekend)?

It didn't matter,  I'm not being churlish... or negative. 

It's not a black or white opinion. When things go right from the beginning we look really strong and like we will never concede a goal. When they don't we can't seem to adapt on the field and we can look particularly clueless.

One more good performance next weekend and it should be an open goal even we can't f*** up.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's because you've posted a lot on this forum and have articulate and seemingly well considered views. You do tred the line on arrogance though, which winds people up, especially when you seem to be posting just to get reactions. Why post the same opinion on next season in the matchday thread every time we win? It's not even relevant to the match.

The people who post personal remarks about Warne and players are nobodies, no one really cares what they say.

You are a celebrity on here. With great power come great responsibility.

Reminds me of a modern day Nostradamus with his ability to predict the future if I'm being honest.

13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Technically they were right but only because, for one reason or another, proven goal scorers were presented with very good goal scoring opportunities which they failed to take yesterday. Any fans that may have said they couldn’t see any goals in that line up kind of implies they couldn’t see us creating such chances for those players.