Match Thread: vs Bristol Rovers (a)

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Excellent performance, excellent result & with results elsewhere, a brillant day.

Whilst its fair to say we didn't trouble the keeper too much first 45 mins, I was really pleased with the display. Got the ball down & played some smart stuff, Bristol were very much second best even though the ref was allowing them snidey little trips & then responding to any home crowd noise with decisions their way. The offside goal was a fantastic move, such a shame Gayle (?) strayed slightly. Sibley & Ward again made the 3-4-3 very potent...I enjoyed the football.

Second half we reverted to our typical away style as they picked up the tempo & we just picked them off. 0-3 probably flattered them given the chances we missed. That front 3 of Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing & Gayle looks so dangerous on the counter and some great decision making/finishing from all 3. Good subs as well, Korey Smith added a measure of control as they were building up a head of steam & Waghorn kept up the forward press intensity. Well done all.

Massive 2 games coming up but keep that line up & level of intensity and we won't go far wrong. COYR 💪

The offside was given against Sibley but was apparently an incorrect decision.

A clinical second half performance, in control the whole match played some great football, from back to front we was excellent, team selection and tactics spot on, good to see Gayle score 2nd game on the run, he could be one hell of a signing, great 2nd goal, Mendez and Barks played really well together, in fact Barks was my man of the match, all 3 centre backs excellent, and Wards delivery into the box is excellent, 2 massive home games coming up now, can not wait. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interested to hear from those at the game today? How was it? How was the atmosphere? 
Warne seemed to get a good reception when he went over to you all at the end.

I wasn’t at the game but it was pretty guaranteed PW (and the players) would get a good reception after a 3:0 away win. Even the most ardent anti Warne supporters would have been pretty silly to do anymore than at worse keep quiet.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I wasn’t at the game but it was pretty guaranteed PW (and the players) would get a good reception after a 3:0 away win. Even the most ardent anti Warne supporters would have been pretty silly to do anymore than at worse keep quiet.

Not sure what the smiley face response was all about @Chester40. I was being serious. Who, in their right minds, would have given him a bad reception?

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure what the smiley face response was all about @Chester40. I was being serious. Who, in their right minds, would have given him a bad reception?

Err.. I thought it was a decent, amusing point... made me smile to think of fans booing him. 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interested to hear from those at the game today? How was it? How was the atmosphere? 
Warne seemed to get a good reception when he went over to you all at the end.

One of best from the season, not sure if you went last year but the away end is terrible, split and the standing you can’t see much unless near the front, great 3 points great beer up the rams 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Best performance since the turn of the year that for me (not hard, granted), accounting for the quality of the opposition. Controlled the vast majority of the game, zipped the ball around with pace and purpose, and eventually created some real good quality chances second half. Probably lucky to have the clean sheet, but equally unlucky to have only scored 3. 

Real good match of football - why can’t we pass like that every week? Maybe the pitch being as s**** as ours helped us! 

Not sure how we were lucky to have a clean sheet? First half a header that tricked to Wildsmith second half a header straight at him and a clearance from Cashin that’s literally all they did 

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Should I feel a little guilt that I wished them to score one so I could get my first correct score of the season in the ‘Prediction League’…….I know one goal could be the difference end of season but am I not allowed my moment of glory? 

I predicted 2- 1 to Derby with Gayle to score first, which was on, I was happy to be wrong.

Pinched from one of the Bristol forum moderators.

Derby were by far the best team we’ve seen at the Mem this season IMO. The scoreline flattered them and whilst they’re a league apart (and certainly will be next season) from us I don’t feel we did that badly today. We were beaten by a team who should have no place in League One next season.

…………………………seems fair comment!. 👍😁