Match Thread: vs Bristol Rovers (a)

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’re still going to badly miss Bird - he’s our best player, and him being out for three weeks could still derail us.

Results have gone our way today but there’s a long way to go. Difficult weeks lie ahead.

One could argue other results have been going our way for a few weeks, even with Bird in the team!

Should I feel a little guilt that I wished them to score one so I could get my first correct score of the season in the ‘Prediction League’…….I know one goal could be the difference end of season but am I not allowed my moment of glory? 

Excellent performance, excellent result & with results elsewhere, a brillant day.

Whilst its fair to say we didn't trouble the keeper too much first 45 mins, I was really pleased with the display. Got the ball down & played some smart stuff, Bristol were very much second best even though the ref was allowing them snidey little trips & then responding to any home crowd noise with decisions their way. The offside goal was a fantastic move, such a shame Gayle (?) strayed slightly. Sibley & Ward again made the 3-4-3 very potent...I enjoyed the football.

Second half we reverted to our typical away style as they picked up the tempo & we just picked them off. 0-3 probably flattered them given the chances we missed. That front 3 of Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing & Gayle looks so dangerous on the counter and some great decision making/finishing from all 3. Good subs as well, Korey Smith added a measure of control as they were building up a head of steam & Waghorn kept up the forward press intensity. Well done all.

Massive 2 games coming up but keep that line up & level of intensity and we won't go far wrong. COYR 💪

P.G Wodehouse from the Directors box.

Ah, what a splendid affair it was. If ever Pimms were to host a League 1 day, it would assuredly resemble the festivities witnessed amidst the resplendent performance of the Rams. Oh, the gallant display put forth by the chaps, supported by a throng of bouncing enthusiasts whose fervour knew no bounds!
Picture it, if you will: The Wardrobe, that bastion of attacking fortitude, held steadfastly in its flat-packed splendour, masterfully overseen by the indomitable trio of Cashin, Nelson, and the towering arm waving Sonny Bradley.
And oh, the ecstasy that swept through the air as Gayle, Barkhuizen, and Waghorn graced the pitch with their sublime prowess, each goal a symphony of skill and finesse.
Yet, one cannot help but chuckle at the missed opportunity of young Waghorn, whose errant shot surely would have found the net had it been left to my Charleston partner, deftly balancing a cocktail in her hand.
Ah, but such is the whimsy of fate! Nevertheless, the Rams ascend once more to the lofty heights of second place, a sight to behold indeed! And let us not forget the jolly good fellow, Warne, bedecked in his bobble hat, whose indomitable spirit endured despite a trying week of illness and the untimely tribulation of Bird and his muscular woes. Verily, it was a day to be remembered, a tonic for the soul amidst the tumult of life’s endeavors.

Edited by hintonsboots

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Ah, what a splendid affair it was. If ever Pimms were to host a League 1 day, it would assuredly resemble the festivities witnessed amidst the resplendent performance of the Rams. Oh, the gallant display put forth by the chaps, supported by a throng of bouncing enthusiasts whose fervour knew no bounds!
Picture it, if you will: The Wardrobe, that bastion of attacking fortitude, held steadfastly in its flat-packed splendour, masterfully overseen by the indomitable trio of Cashin, Nelson, and the towering arm waving Sonny Bradley.
And oh, the ecstasy that swept through the air as Gayle, Barkhuizen, and Waghorn graced the pitch with their sublime prowess, each goal a symphony of skill and finesse.
Yet, one cannot help but chuckle at the missed opportunity of young Waghorn, whose errant shot surely would have found the net had it been left to my Charleston partner, deftly balancing a cocktail in her hand.
Ah, but such is the whimsy of fate! Nevertheless, the Rams ascend once more to the lofty heights of second place, a sight to behold indeed! And let us not forget the jolly good fellow, Warne, bedecked in his bobble hat, whose indomitable spirit endured despite a trying week of illness and the untimely tribulation of Bird and his muscular woes. Verily, it was a day to be remembered, a tonic for the soul amidst the tumult of life’s endeavors.

flat-packed splendour  😂😂😂😂

39 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interested to hear from those at the game today? How was it? How was the atmosphere? 
Warne seemed to get a good reception when he went over to you all at the end.

Was not there but contained mostly Nitrogen and Oxygen. Still does thankfully.

21 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Top drawer!  👍

Looking forward to similar for the remaining games, but more than anything, I'm gagging to buy your book recapping the whole season, once promotion is secured.  😁

🍻