Match Thread: vs Bristol Rovers (a)

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Quiet on here tonight .. must the moaners have been put firmly back in their boxes …. Til tuesday at least 🙄🥱

well done to paul and the lads

coyr!!!!!

Those really vociferous moaners who go quiet when we are decent are annoying. No harm in saying we played well today and comment on what they saw etc.

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Quiet on here tonight .. must the moaners have been put firmly back in their boxes …. Til tuesday at least 🙄🥱

well done to paul and the lads

coyr!!!!!

You always seem to come out with a post like this following a decent performance and result.

Why not give it a rest?

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Those really vociferous moaners who go quiet when we are decent are annoying. No harm in saying we played well today and comment on what they saw etc.

Agree

but theres a small minority that seem to take more pleasure from here when we lose than win.. so thats for them

they know who they are

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree

but theres a small minority that seem to take more pleasure from here when we lose than win.. so thats for them

they know who they are

Most of us know who they are, and they’re entitled to their opinions. If they choose to be quiet and their usual posts annoy you, why bother goading them? There’s no need to sow any division on the back of a great away win, nowt to be gained from it, enjoy the win, enjoy the peace and quiet 🐏 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"The other side?"

Seriously?

Im saying tongue in cheek mate 

jeez chill

just aimed at the small minority of serial moaners who get more pleasure on here when we lose than win.

nowt wrong at all with having a moan and giving ur opinion but theres just a small minority who get off when we lose or we only win cos theyre crap brigade

so was just letting them know its been noticed 

anyway back to the curry

enjoy 👍

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Most of us know who they are, and they’re entitled to their opinions. If they choose to be quiet and their usual posts annoy you, why bother goading them? There’s no need to sow any division on the back of a great away win, nowt to be gained from it, enjoy the win, enjoy the peace and quiet 🐏 

Well said. Too much divisive behavior on all sides of the debate. Respect and thoughtful discussion is fine but it rarely seems to stay that way.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yer sadly sometimes its hard to not read some of the drivel when its so relentless as it has been at times

anyhow

Like i said back to the curry

peace out 👍

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im saying tongue in cheek mate 

jeez chill

just aimed at the small minority of serial moaners who get more pleasure on here when we lose than win.

nowt wrong at all with having a moan and giving ur opinion but theres just a small minority who get off when we lose or we only win cos theyre crap brigade

so was just letting them know its been noticed 

anyway back to the curry

enjoy 👍

Fair dos. Diversity of opinions is what makes a decent forum. Mutual respect for other positions and arguments just as important.

I'm chilled. Live and let live.

19 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You always seem to come out with a post like this following a decent performance and result.

Why not give it a rest?

Goes both ways there mood tho,you can't be whining all week after a less than optimal game and then fail to celebrate a good one without getting some stick.

(That's not aimed at you at all btw)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well said. Too much divisive behavior on all sides of the debate. Respect and thoughtful discussion is fine but it rarely seems to stay that way.

Been saying the same for a while, and I’m aware that I’ve been guilty of being drawn into things in the past, but essentially whether you dislike Warne or think he’s great there’s little to be gained from the same entrenched debates over and over. We lose and some people with a certain view act like it’s the end of the world and Warne should be marched through the marketplace whilst pelted with veg, we win and some people are quick to rub that in. He’s the manager for now and we’ve got 9 games of the season to either get promoted automatically or get into the playoffs and go from there.

Would much rather discuss each game as it happens and see how things unfold, THEN…..Maybe we can have one big I told you so thread at the end of the season? 🤔 

3 hours ago, DiggerB said:

One could argue other results have been going our way for a few weeks, even with Bird in the team!

I mean whether Bird is in the team or not doesn’t really affect other teams results 😂

But yes, we are very fortunate that Bolton bottled it as badly as we did a couple of weeks back 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interested to hear from those at the game today? How was it? How was the atmosphere? 
Warne seemed to get a good reception when he went over to you all at the end.

Great atmosphere, the new stand is still a bit rubbish, with posts in the way, but much better than last year's! And not a cup of tea to be had in the ground. What's that all about? 

Strangely there were a lot of empty seats on our row, I think because some fans chose to "double up" at the end of rows, spending all their time and energy goading the home fans in the same stand. Their behaviour climbing across the divide after we scored the second goal was downright embarrassing and the sooner they are banned from away games the better, imo. 

Anyway, when I could actually concentrate on the game (they were right in my eyeline for the net at our end) I thought that first half we looked sharp and incisive up to the final ball, then didn't quite get it right.

It actually helped us second half when they came at us as we had room to play on the break. A comfortable win where we could have won by an even greater margin, apart from a big miss by Waggy and some unintentional heroics from one of their defenders when Smith's shot was bound for the net. 

We started in fine voice, got a bit distracted by the stupid baiting of their fans and then picked it up again once the goals started going in. Nice to learn the words to some of the newer songs, everyone seemed to get a tune today.

Good bouncing, will that stand hold was my biggest worry!  😟 😉

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Goes both ways there mood tho,you can't be whining all week after a less than optimal game and then fail to celebrate a good one without getting some stick.

(That's not aimed at you at all btw)

Yeah that's fair. It is possible to be pro DCFC, in favour of promotion and yet not convinced by PW.

Even so, a 0-3 away scoreline deserves applause - it's not likely a fluke!

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Not sure how we were lucky to have a clean sheet? First half a header that tricked to Wildsmith second half a header straight at him and a clearance from Cashin that’s literally all they did 

They had a few more chances than that second half. There was one in particular off a cross where their sub headed straight at Wildsmith and really should’ve scored. There were a few more chances that were blocked / missed off corners too.

But like I say, we could easily have had one or two more. Cashin’s effort off the line, Waghorns tap-in miss, the superb block on Smith’s shot etc.

For a game bereft of clear cut chances first half, it was a REALLY lively game second half. Could easily have been 5-1.

Edited by Millenniumram

Top performance from the boys today under big pressure. Business end of the season, lots riding on every game. We followed up two back to back defeats with back to back 3-0 wins including dismantling a side in really good form and to be honest a place I thought we’d slip up at. Barnsley were certainties for autos according to some on here after beating us (you get promoted by beating your rivals after all!!), well not if you throw in a 5-1 home defeat to midtable Lincoln. Can you imagine what the meltdown would be on here if we did that. FWIW Barnsley are still well in it if they can bounce back. 

Think Warne has stumbled across the winning formula with this line up. Ward and Sibley have been outstanding so dangerous from Wing back, and the front three are a real threat. Then we actually look like we have a decent bench now.

Feel this could be a real defining moment today, this week can definitely be defining. Not if we don’t have a great week, we’ll still be in the mix if that happens but if we have a great week and win both matches, I’d be extremely confident in us getting over the line. 

But this is Derby, we’ll find a way to make things difficult and there will be plenty of twists and turns. But if we’ve found this level of performance at this stage of the season, and we can sustain it, then it’s extremely encouraging.