Match Thread: vs Bristol Rovers (a)

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Nothing wrong to stumble across it, seem to recall Jim Smith doing similar with Dean Sturridge who wasn’t first choice starting the promotion season. You’re right though that focal point is important and that combined with Joe Ward finally starting to show some form, moving Sibs back to left wing back, and the signing of Ebou Adams have been key to this “mini” resurgence.

Oh god totally 

Remember sturridge bursting onto the scene like it was only yesturday.

im actaully quite excited about letting warne having a proper t window even if we dont go up. no business plan, no embargo, no restrictions, 

the likes of adams and niambe are his more recent ones and they look the just what we needed.

even jj looked to have a little devilment about him but obviously injury paid to that

Coyr 

Edited by NottsRam77

I was in the home end and the guys around me (unbeknown I was a Ram) were very complimentary of Derby and said the first half was the best Rovers had played all season

We were also a bunch of diving cheats and Bradley a wind up merchant - exactly what I like to hear. We’re fighting….

9 hours ago, cj9a408 said:

I was in the home end and the guys around me (unbeknown I was a Ram) were very complimentary of Derby and said the first half was the best Rovers had played all season

We were also a bunch of diving cheats and Bradley a wind up merchant - exactly what I like to hear. We’re fighting….

The first half was their best? Dear God

How many attempts on goal did they have in the first 45?

19 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

IEbou is the enforcer in midfield so many told me was not required and 'not a Warne player'

Like your post in general, just not sure who's been saying Adams isn't a Warne player?

He tried to find his League 1 N'golo Kante in Fornah and turns out that isn't his forte, so he went and tried again with Adams. He's been desperate for it all year.

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Like your post in general, just not sure who's been saying Adams isn't a Warne player?

He tried to find his League 1 N'golo Kante in Fornah and turns out that isn't his forte, so he went and tried again with Adams. He's been desperate for it all year.

Just two minutes spent in his transfer thread shows that almost everyone was saying he was exactly what we needed. And they were right.

21 minutes ago, Beetle said:

We've needed an Adams type player since Bielek went on loan / left

Please tell me you're having a laugh?

Bielik wasn't bad, he was just never fit! Adams is an absolute midfield beast.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Well you were one of them mate 😋 He's a CDM, right? You actually responded to posts of mine saying Warne doesn't favour the position in general terms, irrespective of the player, because he only wants to play a midfield 2. 

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Well you were one of them mate 😋 He's a CDM, right? You actually responded to posts of mine saying Warne doesn't favour the position in general terms, irrespective of the player, because he only wants to play a midfield 2. 

Well, no, he's not a traditional CDM. I said we don't need a Eustace type, and he isn't that. Eustace couldn't move. He covers far more ground, which is something I've been an advocate for for years.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Unless he asked in a very strong or unpleasant way, this feels like a poor precedent to set.

Take it we've not had a better view of it on replay, either? Didn't really look off from the standard angle but hard to tell.

8 hours ago, sage said:

The first half was their best? Dear God

How many attempts on goal did they have in the first 45?

This is exactly what i thought.  1 shot and zero on target.  Great stuff!

On 10/03/2024 at 08:48, Barney1991 said:

Also the back 3 just didn’t look like they worked together cashin looked all over the place in a back 3 as it’s picking up different positions. 

I was wondering whether Cashin was struggling for form in and after Jan, because he was so focused on the Jan window and ultimately disappointed by it. Anyway, I think he’ll contribute massively now in the run in 

On 09/03/2024 at 08:38, angieram said:

Here we go again. Accounts just come out showing our losses but we want media training for our players! 

Louie will have had exactly the same training as Bird and Cashin, both of whom are articulate and calm when interviewed.

Louie is obviously not comfortable in front of the camera and just says obviously instead of er.... it's hardly a biggie, is it? 

P.S. Has anybody noticed how many times Richie Barker used the same word in his interview? Co-incidence?

Obviously! 

It's not 'here we go again' at all. If the player isn't comfortable in front of the camera, there's every reason that he gets some support from the club. Actually it doesn't cost that much.