Paul Warne

Day

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Any player aged under 21 as of Jan 1st prior to the season starting (ie born in 2001 or later for last season). I thought it was only academy graduates, but it seems to include signigs too (such as Rooney).
For the current season, Sibley and Cashin are no logner excluded from the SCMP calculation, but Thompson and Rooney still are.

The academy costs around £4m a year at the moment.

So you're saying then that in this £4m a year the wages of all players 21 or under are included? Obviously that means that the average wage of the first team squad is higher, but it really does make more sense to keep the category one status.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

So despite the (overly) dramatic headline, Derby County haven't actually been warned about anything.  What's actually happened is that some no mark has had a whinge and a moan... in print... on the internet.

That article is an every day occurrence on here, and a million miles away from headline news!

*Not a dig at @Oldben, I hasten to add, just whoever published it!  

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was thinking pee wee, but lovin' your idea much better!  👍

image.png.9a94d63420ee94d868bca2c157f9751a.png was caught stroking his todger in the early 90s...didn't get the chance to feel much better 😁

So, I have calmed down after the Northampton defeat. The dust has settled. I can now look calmly over the season as a whole, where we were and how far we have come and so forth, and come to a rational and considered opinion based on all that I know.

I still want Warne gone.

Yes, nice bloke, bobble hats, next to no budget, this, that and the other.

But whatever the outcome from this season: promotion, play-offs, missing out, whatever league we play in next season.....

52 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So, I have calmed down after the Northampton defeat. The dust has settled. I can now look calmly over the season as a whole, where we were and how far we have come and so forth, and come to a rational and considered opinion based on all that I know.

I still want Warne gone.

Yes, nice bloke, bobble hats, next to no budget, this, that and the other.

But whatever the outcome from this season: promotion, play-offs, missing out, whatever league we play in next season.....

I think if we go up he will be given time to prove himself, but would expect him gone by Christmas 🎅 

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

So you're saying then that in this £4m a year the wages of all players 21 or under are included? Obviously that means that the average wage of the first team squad is higher, but it really does make more sense to keep the category one status.

No, academy would be U21 squad and down with all staff and maybe building costs included. 

U21 players are simply excluded from the SCMP calculation.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

So despite the (overly) dramatic headline, Derby County haven't actually been warned about anything.  What's actually happened is that some no mark has had a whinge and a moan... in print... on the internet.

That article is an every day occurrence on here, and a million miles away from headline news!

*Not a dig at @Oldben, I hasten to add, just whoever polished it!  💩

FTFY

I'm not sure how much I can pin on Warne for Saturday.

Surely he couldn't have instructed the players to hoof the ball up in those conditions? Did he tell Sonny Bradley to headbutt that player and rule him out for 3 games? I've never been a fan of Warne however I pin alot of Saturday on players. Missing ridiculous chances, lack of discipline, insane decisions on the ball. Okay, he should have made changes at half time however the players should take accountability.

I can put my opinions aside of him for this season because we have got an unbelievable chance for automatic promotion. It's the next level where I am interested to see how he performs. Will he completely rebuild the squad as he's hinted at because I sincerely hope he does. Players like Sonny Bradley shouldn't be anywhere near the first team squad in the championship. Nothing personal, we don't need liabilities on high wages. More players like Adams and Nyambe is the way to go. They suit Warne football perfectly.

Edited by SSD

27 minutes ago, SSD said:

I'm not sure how much I can pin on Warne for Saturday.

Surely he couldn't have instructed the players to hoof the ball up in those conditions? Did he tell Sonny Bradley to headbutt that player and rule him out for 3 games? I've never been a fan of Warne however I pin alot of Saturday on players. Missing ridiculous chances, lack of discipline, insane decisions on the ball. Okay, he should have made changes at half time however the players should take accountability.

I can put my opinions aside of him for this season because we have got an unbelievable chance for automatic promotion. It's the next level where I am interested to see how he performs. Will he completely rebuild the squad as he's hinted at because I sincerely hope he does. Players like Sonny Bradley shouldn't be anywhere near the first team squad in the championship. Nothing personal, we don't need liabilities on high wages. More players like Adams and Nyambe is the way to go. They suit Warne football perfectly.

The tone was set early on when Wildsmith decided to smash a restart at shin height to Thommo on the touchline with absolutely no pressure on either of them, and it went into touch! No composure from 1 to 11 (CBA to go through the squad numbers!).

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2024 at 10:38, DCFC Kicks said:

Its because there are no foundations. Warne just takes every game as it comes and tries to ground out a result by any means. It is working most of the time, but I'm never truly that shocked whenever we lose a game to anyone. It feels like Warne picks one-off tactics for each opponent and hopes they work, but occasionally they don't or the opponent works them out in-game and we lose. There's no longevity or continuity to anything he's implementing.

You have just described technological improvement, and computer analysis - which cost thousands at Moor Farm!

11 hours ago, DesertRam said:

You have just described technological improvement, and computer analysis - which cost thousands at Moor Farm!

I never said it wasn't effective, but it won't work if we get promoted when most other teams have the same technology. If it starts failing there's nothing to fall back on.