Paul Warne

Day

10 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The players changed, the tactics did not...

He admitted in the Radio Derby interview that he got his initial set up wrong, as he wanted to impose the game we'd been playing since the Charlton defeat on them, but that didn't work, so he changed it.  I can imagine that he would've done exactly the same at half time, but Gayle being forced off gave him the opportunity to do it sooner.  And as soon as he did, we were the better side for the rest of the half.

At 0-0 Bolton it was evens, Bolton had the better first 15 of either half but, funnily enough after both their 2 (and only) big chances we were more than a match for them.  

We know you don't like Warne as a man, he's not to everyone's tastes, but give him some credit for the job he's done since Shrewsbury.  Or would you rather we lost every game til the end of the season, just to prove your point?? 

don't them 2 statements contradict each other😅 You said 'the tactics didn't change', then 'he changed it'

I've no problem with warne as a man, think he seems like a decent bloke. I just don't like or agree with his football.

I've said previously that he's acheiving the bare minimum expected with this squad of players so theres some form of credit for that. My veiw is that he is holding us back still though. Of course i don't want us to lose every game, why would any fan want that

19 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

don't them 2 statements contradict each other😅 You said 'the tactics didn't change', then 'he changed it'

I've no problem with warne as a man, think he seems like a decent bloke. I just don't like or agree with his football.

I've said previously that he's acheiving the bare minimum expected with this squad of players so theres some form of credit for that. My veiw is that he is holding us back still though. Of course i don't want us to lose every game, why would any fan want that

The tactics changed before half time.

At half time, he changed personnel, but the tactics/formation remained the same.

Hypothetically, if we overtook Pompey and finished top, would you still say he held the team back?? Throughout his relatively short tenure he’s constantly strived altered his tactics approach to ensure he wins games.  His preferred 3-5-2 didn’t work at the start of the season, so he switched back to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.  Over recent weeks, having had time to work with players on the training ground, he’s tweaked his ideal formation into a 3-4-3.  It was clear from the first game at Barnsley, that Nigel Pearson’s style was never going to work, yet he pigheadedly kept to the same blueprint.  I’d much rather have a coach who’s open to try different things instead of sticking to an idea that doesn’t work.

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The tactics changed before half time.

At half time, he changed personnel, but the tactics/formation remained the same.

Hypothetically, if we overtook Pompey and finished top, would you still say he held the team back?? Throughout his relatively short tenure he’s constantly strived altered his tactics approach to ensure he wins games.  His preferred 3-5-2 didn’t work at the start of the season, so he switched back to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.  Over recent weeks, having had time to work with players on the training ground, he’s tweaked his ideal formation into a 3-4-3.  It was clear from the first game at Barnsley, that Nigel Pearson’s style was never going to work, yet he pigheadedly kept to the same blueprint.  I’d much rather have a coach who’s open to try different things instead of sticking to an idea that doesn’t work.

didn't he sub on smith a defensive mid for gayle though

yes i would still say that, because we could of absolutely walked the league this year. My main problem is that these players are capable of playing a far more advanced level of football than this  

I'm not bothered whatever formation we play. Warne can pick any formation, the style and tactics will always be the same though. 

44 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

didn't he sub on smith a defensive mid for gayle though

yes i would still say that, because we could of absolutely walked the league this year. My main problem is that these players are capable of playing a far more advanced level of football than this  

I'm not bothered whatever formation we play. Warne can pick any formation, the style and tactics will always be the same though. 

A more advanced level of football that, for example, Bolton play??

To paraphrase Woody Harrelson in White Men Can’t Jump, would you rather look good & lose, than look bad and win?? 

This isn’t figure skating, you don’t get extra points for style.

I’ve just been reading through Don Dietrich’s tweets from the fans forum and Warne has said that if we were to go up, the playing staff will have to change considerably.  That tells me he knows what’s required for this team to improve. And maybe play a better brand of football.  

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

A more advanced level of football that, for example, Bolton play??

To paraphrase Woody Harrelson in White Men Can’t Jump, would you rather look good & lose, than look bad and win?? 

This isn’t figure skating, you don’t get extra points for style.

I’ve just been reading through Don Dietrich’s tweets from the fans forum and Warne has said that if we were to go up, the playing staff will have to change considerably.  That tells me he knows what’s required for this team to improve. And maybe play a better brand of football.  

well yeah if you like, bolton do play a more advanced style than us.

why are the only options, look good and lose or look bad and win? it is possible to look good and win you know. Seems to be something that a lot of people on here have forgotten.

in regards your last paragraph, that's one way of looking at it. You could also say that warne doesnt know how to use our current players. We know the vast majority of the squad are all capable of playing at a higher level than league one, so why would they have to change considerably if we went up

9 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

well yeah if you like, bolton do play a more advanced style than us.

why are the only options, look good and lose or look bad and win? it is possible to look good and win you know. Seems to be something that a lot of people on here have forgotten.

in regards your last paragraph, that's one way of looking at it. You could also say that warne doesnt know how to use our current players. We know the vast majority of the squad are all capable of playing at a higher level than league one, so why would they have to change considerably if we went up

We won our most important game in a long time on Saturday and all you have done since is spout your usual negative b*******. Seriously, why don't you just take a day off and let the fans enjoy the moment instead of trying to rain on everyone's parade. Better still, why don't you disappear and only come back when DCFC are actually bringing some joy into your life.

8 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

care to list them?

Some - yes, but "vast majority"? really? Behave

I think it would be better to say that with the players we have we should have been making a much better job of getting out of this league. It is possible that much of the discontent is a left-over from last season and much of this one, as opposed to our current performances.

I think following the watershed moments of Stevenage and Crewe when the fans turned on Paul Warne he has shown a much greater ability to change, and has produced a better form of football, with the last 3 matches looking more like football than ever before.

I was in the “critical of Paul Warne” camp, but instead of bemoaning that we should be several points clear at the top, we should draw a line in the sand and give our full backing for the remaining few matches.

There is a passage in the Bible that says “Forget the former things, do not dwell in the past, for I am doing a new thing, and it is springing up all around”. Given the change since that watershed period, I think the words are quite appropriate. 

COME ON YOU RAMS - LETS GO FOR IT!!!

23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

care to list them?

Some - yes, but "vast majority"? really? Behave

I was going to reply to that but I lost the will to live, thinking I'd get another round of nonsense.  But seeing as you've asked it, i'd say - 

Wildsmith, Wilson, Ward, Cashin, Nelson, Thompson, Sibley (at LWB) & NML would be consistent.  Elder maybe, and at a push Hourihanne if the opposition aren't particularly athletic in the middle of the park.

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I think it would be better to say that with the players we have we should have been making a much better job of getting out of this league. It is possible that much of the discontent is a left-over from last season and much of this one, as opposed to our current performances.

I think following the watershed moments of Stevenage and Crewe when the fans turned on Paul Warne he has shown a much greater ability to change, and has produced a better form of football, with the last 3 matches looking more like football than ever before.

I was in the “critical of Paul Warne” camp, but instead of bemoaning that we should be several points clear at the top, we should draw a line in the sand and give our full backing for the remaining few matches.

There is a passage in the Bible that says “Forget the former things, do not dwell in the past, for I am doing a new thing, and it is springing up all around”. Given the change since that watershed period, I think the words are quite appropriate. 

COME ON YOU RAMS - LETS GO FOR IT!!!

I'm about as far from religious as you could possibly get but, amen...

15 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Wildsmith, Wilson, Ward, Cashin, Nelson, Thompson, Sibley (at LWB) & NML would be consistent.  Elder maybe, and at a push Hourihanne if the opposition aren't particularly athletic in the middle of the park.

Ignoring Hourihane as he's already said he is retiring next season apparently - that's 9 players

I'm not great at maths but in a 21 man first team squad, I'd probably describe 9 as "less than half" rather than "the vast majority"

8 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ignoring Hourihane as he's already said he is retiring next season apparently - that's 9 players

I'm not great at maths but in a 21 man first team squad, I'd probably describe 9 as "less than half" rather than "the vast majority"

It could also be argued that 2 of the 9 listed have been at Championship clubs and failed to break into the team.

The rest have form at Championship level although 2 of the named are clearly in the twilight of their careers.

I'd say that leaves 5 out of our 21 man squad.

10 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

You're right.

But now he'll more than likely use that as an excuse to bash Warne's recruitment 🙄 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It could also be argued that 2 of the 9 listed have been at Championship clubs and failed to break into the team.

The rest have form at Championship level although 2 of the named are clearly in the twilight of their careers.

I'd say that leaves 5 out of our 21 man squad.

I would say NML & Nelson, bar injuries, have at least a couple more seasons left in them, especially Nelson at CBs do a lot less running.  Wilson with more experience and playing in a settled position will be a very good player.

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Can you remind me how to do that please?

Click top right 3 horizontal lines,

Then click account

Then click ignored

It then gives you the option to name a new person to ignore.

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Click top right 3 horizontal lines,

Then click account

Then click ignored

It then gives you the option to name a new person to ignore.

@ramsbottom Or, click on your profile name in the top right hand corner then, from the drop down options, select "ignore users"

image.png.596b962824eea64754e07b955444a608.png

59 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I was going to reply to that but I lost the will to live, thinking I'd get another round of nonsense.  But seeing as you've asked it, i'd say - 

I'm about as far from religious as you could possibly get but, amen...

Elder and Nyambe certainly. Collins has scored a lot of goals in Champ - age not on his side. Rooney should be ok. Hopefully Adams, if we can get him. There’s 4/5 more

The issue some posters have is that we don't play like Man City/Arsenal, Then you have to look as to why they wonder, We have a team that ATM is in League 1, We have a team that's playing in a division that's meh! at best, We have a manager that's been brought in to get out of this division ASAP with a brand of football that's not to good on the eye, We've had to get players to fit in a squad where the previous manager bought, Some of those players may find that the managers way is the only way

Football is an easy game if you had the recourses that Ipswich had or players that Plymouth and Sheff Wed had, We didn't have those, There were times last season when we looked pretty good, There were times when we looked...pish...the officials were and still are Poor and hold a joker to play when they choose.

Things have changed this last few weeks, A back 3 with wingbacks, It matters not to me who we play, I was glad to see Forsyth back as a more calming figure than Bradley...imo, Still setting up with 3 at the back is OK against a Bolton team who were c***-a-hoop after sticking 5 past Oxford...job done 1-0 and we move on, I'm not getting worked up with those who say..."Bolton were the better team" so fcuking what 😊

It's all in our hands now, A win on Saturday and Bolton/Peterboro will be lagging behind, There will always be Nay Sayers...who if they were joint winners of the £20million jackpot lottery they'd moan they didn't win it all.

I see a little change in PW/Coaching team, They're not afraid of change where this time last season they looked to be, It's over to you PW and Co, Take the opportunity you have given yourselves and the freedom of the City will be your's...in most peoples eyes 😉

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We won our most important game in a long time on Saturday and all you have done since is spout your usual negative b*******. Seriously, why don't you just take a day off and let the fans enjoy the moment instead of trying to rain on everyone's parade. Better still, why don't you disappear and only come back when DCFC are actually bringing some joy into your life.

so you can't answer then😅