Paul Warne

Day

10 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Whatever Clowes has done, and we're eternally grateful for what that, the appointment of Warne felt strange but it's looking to be awful. While tonight was grim, it wasn't particularly out of character or surprising, it was utterly predictable. Promotion or not, he's not the future 

Can you imagine that set up in the Championship? Can't wait to see who else Warne can sign for us. 😄

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can you imagine that set up in the Championship? Can't wait to see who else Warne can sign for us. 😄

If we go up and play like we have for most of this season in the Championship we'll get relegated, simple as that. Even when we are 'in form' we still look rubbish and just scrape results most of the time.

No chance we get away with that in a higher division.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

8 hours ago, Mihangel said:

Whatever Clowes has done, and we're eternally grateful for what that, the appointment of Warne felt strange but it's looking to be awful. While tonight was grim, it wasn't particularly out of character or surprising, it was utterly predictable. Promotion or not, he's not the future 

Awful would be no where near the play offs 

26 minutes ago, S8TY said:

IF we do not go up this season do we think Warne ( who i like as a person ) should stay ?

If we don't make it this season I'd like someone else to be given a chance next season 

No. Pay him a nice fat 'thanks for the promotion' bonus and send him on with our best wishes. He's a good guy and I'd probably enjoy his company, but his football is the polar opposite if what I enjoy watching and I don't think it's good enough for the second tier.

EDIT: Apologies, I misread your post. It's still a no. If we don't go up he has, by his own admission, failed. Position untenable.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

9 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Every time I start to feel slightly positive towards Warne, a performance like this comes along and ruins it. Absolutely nothing all game. I don't even know how to describe it. I can't even remember much details of the game. It's just a blur of nothingness.  

Absolutely nothing other than an open goal and a one on one, where our strikers managed to miss the target on both occasions. 

Either of them go in and we are all happy with a comfortable win from a tricky away tie.

Fine margins.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Absolutely nothing other than an open goal and a one on one, where our strikers managed to miss the target on both occasions. 

Either of them go in and we are all happy with a comfortable win from a tricky away tie.

Fine margins.

Lol. A win maybe, but not many of our games are 'comfortable'. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't he have Rotherham just outside of the play offs before we poached him?

Lol, yeah and where did Rosenior have us before we gave the job to Warne?

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Outside the play offs just like he has with Hull. I've noticed you've gone quiet on how Rosenior is doing at Hull these days, any reason?

None whatsoever. I wasn't that keen on Rosenior but at least he knew how to play football along the ground as well as in the air. 😄

RE Warne. I think you have to give him the start of the season if we get promoted. I'm not a fan, I think he's fine at this level of being competitive but not a long-term solution. But it would be a big call to replace him and not one I see Clowes making. If we don't get promoted he's had 2 bites at the cherry, close but no cigar this time. Again I don't see Clowes replacing him but I think Warne's position becomes very tricky next season if we mess this up, there is a good chunk of the crowd not with him now and I think that turns to an overwhelming majority next season if we're still in League 1. We could do without that atmosphere if nothing else.