Paul Warne

Day

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except the had three shots on target to our none. Wildsmith pulled off a very good save, you didn't notice?

Don't remember Wildsmith making anything other than a couple of very regulation saves?

So you think any of their chances were easier than CBTs or NMLs? Did you notice them chances?

None whatsoever. I wasn't that keen on Rosenior but at least he knew how to play football along the ground as well as in the air. 😄

Which was obviously very successful given where we were in the league when he left...

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Don't remember Wildsmith making anything other than a couple of very regulation saves?

So you think any of their chances were easier than CBTs or NMLs? Did you notice them chances?

Yep, we missed them, off target. 

Wildsmith pulled off a sharp save from a low shot. But well goalies just have to stand in their goal, not like those poor wingers. 😄

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, we missed them, off target. 

Wildsmith pulled off a sharp save from a low shot. But well goalies just have to stand in their goal, not like those poor wingers. 😄

So they weren't good chances then?

I remember a couple of daisy cutters, I'll have to have a look back for this sharp save.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yes and I agreed.

Should have made the play offs last season.

Unfortunately we ended in exactly the same place that Rosenior had us, and now has Hull, outside of the play offs.

Lots of good passes to be seen though 😂

Well, and your point was, something about how Warne would be in the Championship?

Well, and your point was, something about how Warne would be in the Championship?

A poster said he would have us nowhere near the play offs and I just pointed out that he Rotherham near the play offs before he came to us.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except the had three shots on target to our none. Wildsmith pulled off a very good save, you didn't notice?

Wildsmith made a good save low down to his left but we’d all have been very disappointed if he hadn’t made it. A good save but not a worldie. I don’t think either side really looked like they were going to score last night. Wycombe were OK but didn’t create many particularly good chances. We were awful but were presented with some great chances that we couldn’t even force a save from.

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol, yeah and where did Rosenior have us before we gave the job to Warne?

Getting battered at Lincoln, to be brutal, by which point we hadn't scored a single goal away from home in the League.

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Wildsmith made a good save low down to his left but we’d all have been very disappointed if he hadn’t made it. A good save but not a worldie. I don’t think either side really looked like they were going to score last night. Wycombe were OK but didn’t create many particularly good chances. We were awful but were presented with some great chances that we couldn’t even force a save from.

All as evidenced below - we "won" 2-0 on Big Chances Created.

Screenshot_20240411-084928-01.thumb.jpeg.687df865c7c5d1e3251503204c4ca5a5.jpeg

Edited by Crewton

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Getting battered at Lincoln, to be brutal, by which point we hadn't scored a single goal away from home in the League.

Still had us playing well in more than one style as evidenced by his final game. 😄 I wasn't saying we should have kept him, there were more than two options, but it sounds like we couldn't afford our first (whoever that was) and panicked into getting Warne before someone else moved for him. 😄

It was pretty much like the Northampton game - we missed chances we should have buried, the opposition created no big chances. Northampton just happened to find the net with a shot which, on another day, may have gone out for a throw in. Wycombe didn't.

Our season was always likely to rest on whether we could take our chances or not. I had us D-L-D-W-W-W after we'd lost at Sixfields, so we're still 2 points ahead of my prediction. If Bolton or Peterborough win all of their final games, they'll grab second place from us but, for finishing so strongly, they'll have deserved it.

The players have turned in another lacklustre performance from a position of strength - it's up to them to put it right.

Edited by Crewton

Warne couldn't have done much last night, however think he's thrown Collins in way too soon to be starting - looks nowhere near fit enough.

NML is another who Warne hasn't got the b******* to rest for a game he looked off it for a good 6 or more weeks and yet is being run to the ground.

Then bringing on lightweights like Thompson, who offers absolutely nothing, ditto Hourihane whose Jacob Butterfield mark II with the Barnsley hype from a decade ago and yet nowadays does little in a tinpot league like this.

Kept hearing RD saying how strong the bench is, it really isn't! Not in 2024 - very few options I'd consider game changes.

Gayle is the one we need back ASAP 

Edited by Papahet

why try and disguise the fact it wasn't good enough last night even Warne didn't seem happy 

It was not great and nothing to learn from pretending it was anything different , the problem is its not a stand alone performance we missed 2 good chances but Wycombe could've scored 2 themselves , one where Wildsmith made a good save and the other more fortuitous chance that fell to there player in our area and he shot over but I didn't think wycombe were that bad they look like they're trying to change there style of play to me and thought they had a couple of decent players 

Zero shots on target is never good no matter what and this is a worry ..... Orient have looked like a good footballing side whenever I've watched them but we must win all 3 now and believe we can hope he keeps faith with Smith but another CM to make 3 i think will help, hope Bradley isn't brought back in tbh ...if Gayle could get himself fit I think he would be a very big boost for us 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

A poster said he would have us nowhere near the play offs and I just pointed out that he Rotherham near the play offs before he came to us.

Surely nobody is expecting us to be anywhere near the playoffs if we do go up, Warne in charge or otherwise.

Stephen Pearce has mentioned several times they want a couple of years of Championship stability. Unless Robinson, Allen, Brown turn into world class superstars, we’re obviously going to do well to finish above 20th next season (if we go up)

51 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Had us 7th and had hardly had Didzy fit.  Warne did have him fit and kept us in 7th.   

Won 7 drawn 2 lost 3 in all competitions.