Paul Warne

Day

12 hours ago, Top Lino said:

Our midfield has been unable to dominate games as you would expect from a promotion chasing team all season. It is going to be a nail biting finish to the season and we may yet stagger over the line. Unfortunately the brand of football played by a Warne team will be exposed by the better coached and higher quality Championship sides as it has been in the past at Rotherham.

Not true - even the lower level Championship sides will rip a Warne side apart.

My concern is that this season we are likely to post one of the highest, if not the highest ever wage bill recorded by a League One team. I think Ipswich 22-23 at £19.7m is currently the highest and that includes promotion bonuses. We could easily go over that with last season's wage bill at £17.2m. I suspect it will likely exceed £20m. 

This has to be it for Warne - make or break. If he doesn't win promotion then we go into another rebuild next season, ok without restrictions, but the club is already losing roughly £10m at this level from just standing still. I just don't see the appetite there for another Warne season - especially given the increases in season tickets which make us one of, if not THE, most expensive in the league. 

We miss out on promotion, which frankly will be through nothing but losing our own bottle and you're charging near on £600 for a season ticket on the West or East stand  next season. It's almost a given that you're going to have to replace managers in order to create a sense of excitement and a fresh start.

The very last thing the club need now is fans to stop turning up to games. 

13 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

And yet you spent his entire tenure screeching about how crap he was. Even after he'd gone when you proved to be Warne's biggest cheerleader, dropping laughing emojis on anyone who dared to suggest he might not be an improvement on Rosenior. 

You do realise I was saying Rosenior had us playing well? Whatever, you just delight in being rude to posters, what a sad life you must have. 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You do realise I was saying Rosenior had us playing well? Whatever, you just delight in being rude to posters, what a sad life you must have. 😄

Try reading what I actually posted again. S-L-O-W-L-Y. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He really didn't roy,unless you count sideways passing to each other 50,000 times with no end result.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

8 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Totally agree with everything you say.  His strength is in building the right culture and environment.  You only have to listen to Adams talk about how everyone has treated him, etc.   Look at Hourihane when he hasn’t been playing, he’s cheering and encouraging from the sidelines.  That’s all down to Warne and the culture and environment he’s built.  That can’t be underestimated.

It is a very admirable quality. I would probably be very happy if Paul operated my Carehome, or the Day Nursery of my Grandchildren. I would probably be very happy too if he was manager of my small underfunded, lower tier football team. Time will tell if his qualities get us up a level, but I remain of the view that we are second in the league in spite of Paul’s tactics and team selection, not because of them.

I like Warne as a person I've mentioned this many times but I still want to see a change at end of season

We need to be seeking out a young coach with bright ideas , we should as a club be looking constantly because long term Warne isn't the answer

Hearing how Alonso has transformed Leverkusen with his ideas and passion with players who are not big names is amazing considering he'd only ever managed a youth side and a B side in Spain yet Leverkusen saw something in Alonso, all good coaches and managers start somewhere why not at DCFC ?

There are also plenty of failures I know that but with our CAT1 academy wouldn't it be great foresight to try and get a young coach in with bright ideas who's going to embrace the academy  and have a long term project playing some decent football

Nothing against Warne but if we go up I'd like someone who will spend what funds we have prudently and build something sustainable here using the academy as well 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It is a very admirable quality. I would probably be very happy if Paul operated my Carehome, or the Day Nursery of my Grandchildren. I would probably be very happy too if he was manager of my small underfunded, lower tier football team. Time will tell if his qualities get us up a level, but I remain of the view that we are second in the league in spite of Paul’s tactics and team selection, not because of them.

So the players take the credit for the good things but the manager takes the blame when things are going wrong?

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I like Warne as a person I've mentioned this many times but I still want to see a change at end of season

We need to be seeking out a young coach with bright ideas , we should as a club be looking constantly because long term Warne isn't the answer

Hearing how Alonso has transformed Leverkusen with his ideas and passion with players who are not big names is amazing considering he'd only ever managed a youth side and a B side in Spain yet Leverkusen saw something in Alonso, all good coaches and managers start somewhere why not at DCFC ?

There are also plenty of failures I know that but with our CAT1 academy wouldn't it be great foresight to try and get a young coach in with bright ideas who's going to embrace the academy  and have a long term project playing some decent football

Nothing against Warne but if we go up I'd like someone who will spend what funds we have prudently and build something sustainable here using the academy as well 

And how do you know Warne can not do this. 

When has he ever had resources to spend in his career before?

22 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Try reading what I actually posted again. S-L-O-W-L-Y. 

So sorry I'm not really interested in what you put your tone isn't very nice 🙂 

It's lovely here in Cyprus and the sun is shining 🌟 👍

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He really didn't roy,unless you count sideways passing to each other 50,000 times with no end result.

Oh come on, some of the attacking play was excellent. But Collo didn't have his shooting boots on. I agree the sideways across the back line stuff was tedious though. I guess we needed a 'midway' point manager. Although I'm not sure if rumours were true and it was (unaffordable) Evatt that it would have been him either.  😁

Im hoping that Clowes has his business head on because it’s clear he’s a huge personal admirer of Warne. 

Promotion = job done and par for our wage bill. Warne (whatever you think of him and I’m very critical) deserves to try and hit par next season too. 

No promotion = a second season below par. Would you keep someone in your business that wasn’t maximising the resources at their disposal? 

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So the players take the credit for the good things but the manager takes the blame when things are going wrong?

Odd interpretation. Didn’t even mention the players. My comments were only limited to Paul Warne’s qualities.

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Im hoping that Clowes has his business head on because it’s clear he’s a huge personal admirer of Warne. 

Promotion = job done and par for our wage bill. Warne (whatever you think of him and I’m very critical) deserves to try and hit par next season too. 

No promotion = a second season below par. Would you keep someone in your business that wasn’t maximising the resources at their disposal? 

You might do if you accept that year one was a difficult year for all concerned and if year two some element of improvement (in terms of outcome) was achieved despite some challenges still remaining. if that someone only narrowly failed to hit their key objective (if that’s how it pans out) and you had believe that, with any challenges further reduced, they may achieve their objective in year three.

Now that play offs as a minimum is guaranteed, I am convinced that DC will stick with PW. Let’s hope we get promoted and DC’s faith isn’t put to the test.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if the team is 2nd despite the manager, who else could it be down to?

I think you want to go off on a tangent. I am not being drawn into player performances this season as I don’t have time this morning. I stick by my point. Paul Warne, in my opinion, has many very good human qualities, but I am not convinced he is anywhere close to being a good football tactician. Further, if he and his coaching team could keep all his players fit, I still don’t think he would know what his best team or formation would be. Not that it would matter too much when, notwithstanding, his instructions would still likely be get the ball out wide, and get your crosses in - don’t fanny about passing through midfield.