Paul Warne

Day

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

He knew that already then why set up that way to start with?

We'd just had two or three convincing performances and wins and he didn't want to change approach?

We won.

Everything else is fluff.

8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

we only had 2 all game

Here’s a website with the stats from the game on Saturday as you possibly don’t remember the details;

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/163100/derby-county-vs-bolton-wanderers/stats

They had 6 shots, 3 on target. We had 10 shots, 3 on target.

It says both sides created and missed 1 big chance each.
They had 2 shots off target, we had 4.

They had 1 blocked shot, we had 3.

Our xG for the game was 0.55 theirs was 0.43.

Both teams had 6 corners each.

Now, the big and most important stat, we scored a goal, they didn’t.

We know you don’t like/rate Warne, it’s possible for you to still have that stance and also admit the reality that he got a decent result against a promotion rival, all the evidence is there if you find just the tiniest bit of humility.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Here’s a website with the stats from the game on Saturday as you possibly don’t remember the details;

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/163100/derby-county-vs-bolton-wanderers/stats

They had 6 shots, 3 on target. We had 10 shots, 3 on target.

It says both sides created and missed 1 big chance each.
They had 2 shots off target, we had 4.

They had 1 blocked shot, we had 3.

Our xG for the game was 0.55 theirs was 0.43.

Both teams had 6 corners each.

Now, the big and most important stat, we scored a goal, they didn’t.

We know you don’t like/rate Warne, it’s possible for you to still have that stance and also admit the reality that he got a decent result against a promotion rival, all the evidence is there if you find just the tiniest bit of humility.

Don’t know why folk engage with this troll (not you Caerphilly ) or the Ap04 one. Doesn’t matter how good your argument is they will come up with more nonsense. Not worth reading or replying to their posts 

20 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

At 0-0 Bolton had played the better game. They should have been ahead but for some great saves from Joe. Why would Evatt change something that was clearly working?

Perhaps Warne thought, with the form we're in, we could implement our game on Bolton, instead of changing our line up to suit.

But the latter is surely that's not something you'd have criticised Warne for doing, right?

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don’t know why folk engage with this troll (not you Caerphilly ) or the Ap04 one. Doesn’t matter how good your argument is they will come up with more nonsense. Not worth reading or replying to their posts 

I see it as a challenge, to try and talk some sense into them, and also to at least try and understand how they think.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Similar to what @Animal is a Ram said I guess. I’m always willing to listen to and consider other people’s opinions even when I don’t agree with them, and can occasionally show some humility if I’m wrong, so like trying to encourage that bit of consideration and self-awareness in others. However I am coming to the conclusion, similar to what I did with ap04 the other day that some people are just set up to goad others and have no interest in considering an alternative perspective, so maybe it’s not worth the challenge with them. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Similar to what @Animal is a Ram said I guess. I’m always willing to listen to and consider other people’s opinions even when I don’t agree with them, and can occasionally show some humility if I’m wrong, so like trying to encourage that bit of consideration and self-awareness in others. However I am coming to the conclusion, similar to what I did with ap04 the other day that some people are just set up to goad others and have no interest in considering an alternative perspective, so maybe it’s not worth the challenge with them. 

mood GIF

but you put it more eloquently than me. Well played Sir/Madam.

I also tried to do the same with Brexit voters. That went about as well as it does with this Chris Martin poster.

41 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’ve got Chris_Martin on ignore because he clearly is just a WUM. AP04 on the other hand, I find most of his posts unintentionally hilarious a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

At 0-0 Bolton had played the better game. They should have been ahead but for some great saves from Joe. Why would Evatt change something that was clearly working?

Yikes, I am starting to understand why people don’t like Coldplay.

Well, where to begin? Bird is injured, Smith has only recently returned from injury, Sibley is being utilised at wing back, and Thompson and Robinson are still green.

So surely Hourihane was the obvious choice given his experience and with him being part of a winning team in recent games?

To me, unless Bolton wanted a draw, how can you say Bolton’s approach was clearly working? It was probably that kind of complacency that led to Bolton losing.

Bolton should have been ahead? Equally it could be said Nelson had a free header and Mendez Laing had another good chance in the first half, so is that really true that Bolton deserved to be leading on the balance of chances created? Being level was fair, many would argue.

I don’t know what else to say. All the evidence presented by myself and other posters is only proving that you have your fingers in your ears.

46 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Honestly?     It actually just becomes easy when you reach the inevitable point where you realise they are just trolls , treat them as such and call it out as trolling , it takes a little while to get there because it’s a forum for derby fans and you want to give the benefit of the doubt to people you take at face value as fellow derby fans , that’s very different to some who are not overly into warne but you can have a proper conversation with over it , we have a small number on here who just want to rubbish derby , the manager , chosen scapegoat players ect ect 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I see it as a challenge, to try and talk some sense into them, and also to at least try and understand how they think.

The trouble is that I believe that some of these posters are nothing but wums, by trying to persuade them to see the error of their ways, you are just feeding them. Every time one of us bites and replies to their ridiculous posts, they're laughing behind their keyboard that they've took another 'victim'. 

There are 2 ways to sort this problem out, the quick way is for the moderators to kick them off, but that is difficult to identify the true wums. Secondly, it's up to us to just ignore them, without responses to their ridiculous posts, they will eventually give up and go away.

17 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

If warne got his tactics spot on, then why did he have to change it so drastically at half time?

The players changed, the tactics did not...

12 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

He admitted in the Radio Derby interview that he got his initial set up wrong, as he wanted to impose the game we'd been playing since the Charlton defeat on them, but that didn't work, so he changed it.  I can imagine that he would've done exactly the same at half time, but Gayle being forced off gave him the opportunity to do it sooner.  And as soon as he did, we were the better side for the rest of the half.

At 0-0 Bolton it was evens, Bolton had the better first 15 of either half but, funnily enough after both their 2 (and only) big chances we were more than a match for them.  

We know you don't like Warne as a man, he's not to everyone's tastes, but give him some credit for the job he's done since Shrewsbury.  Or would you rather we lost every game til the end of the season, just to prove your point?? 

15 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Maybe because those people have no grip on reality and belong to the I want it now brigade.

I understand the arguments put forward, though I can't say I agree with them, it's just the volume that irks me. It's now got to the point where the needy few just repeat themselves ad nauseum as a means to piss on folks' chips. They know they'll get a reaction, so perhaps they should be ignored, but that's not always easy.

Frankly, you'd think after the last few years, some might think us Rams fans have endured enough, so it's really odd to see people who claim to be fans sticking the knife in all the time,  especially when they've made the same comments literally dozens and dozens of times over. I've put four on ignore the week alone, but of course you still see their posts in other folks' replies.

Sadly, it's clear we can expect another full season of the same, irrespective or whether we succeed or fail. Hard to fathom, really. 

58 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Still extremely bizarre that anyone would be moaning at second in the league after our recent troubles 

To be where we are now from where we were in this timescale , given restrictions, given we don’t have a money no object owner ,,,, it’s actually extremely good and testament to the owner ( clowes ) and the management team , the progress , spirit and culture that’s been built is fantastic 

I think our issue is that 3 at the back and wing backs works fine against lesser teams but the better teams force the wide players back so they become ineffective.

Ward in particular could rampage forward against Bristol Rovers but Bolton didn’t allow that.

Whilst it’s great to keep a settled side, you sometimes have to play the best system for the opposition.

We do just about have the personnel to do that. Our challenge will be where the goals come from. We have to hope that NML re-finds his form and that Collins’ return isn’t too far away.

Can’t see Waghorn producing much more than bruises. 

But you never know!

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think our issue is that 3 at the back and wing backs works fine against lesser teams but the better teams force the wide players back so they become ineffective.

Ward in particular could rampage forward against Bristol Rovers but Bolton didn’t allow that.

Whilst it’s great to keep a settled side, you sometimes have to play the best system for the opposition.

We do just about have the personnel to do that. Our challenge will be where the goals come from. We have to hope that NML re-finds his form and that Collins’ return isn’t too far away.

Can’t see Waghorn producing much more than bruises. 

But you never know!

TBF Ward is very much like Beckham was.  Get a yard then ping it in, and their left sided players didn't give him much space in the 1st half.  Therefore Warne made the change and Wilson being more of a dribbler was able to get at them a lot more effectively.  His goal came from a corner he himself won by going at their left back.

My point is our head coach identified a problem, and solved it.

I'd love for us to be like the Mac 1 era and blow teams out the water with free flowing, passing football, but let's remember that even Mac 2 failed to recreate that, and had no Plan B.  Here we have a coach who's had Plans A through to H, and some fans still think he's just a PE teacher who just shouts "Hoof it" at every game.  Is he perfect?  No.  Has he made mistakes?  Yes.  Overall is he doing a good job of getting us into a position whereby we could escape this league?  Yes.  Therefore he's well on target to reach the targets his employer set him...