Paul Warne

Day

38 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Some don’t like Warne’s football (me included) but it’s very childish for some posters to accuse Derby fans of wanting to lose to prove a point. I hope we get promotion. I will be overjoyed for weeks but will hardly remember any of the football

I sat watching Swansea Vs Stoke but following the game on here, I'm not a good TV viewer where DCFC are concerned...I get to involved and a little pi**ed off, My heart was racing towards the end of our game thinking were going to lose...so to get a point...I had a good nights kip.

Like you I'll be over the Moon with promotion, The Summer will be great knowing league 1 can go and fcuk it's self...altho it's not in our hands I'm still confident Bolton/Peterboro will come unstuck, Oxford have lots to play for against Boro and Portsmouth can win league 1 away at Bolton.

Then the big one Peterboro Vs Bolton last game of the season, We know what's needed and so do all at DCFC...over to you at Moor Farm 👍

Edited by Ram-Alf

I notice Warne has been blathering on about some of the players being off par, and seems oblivious to the effect of how he sets the team to play.

Last season it was dire until injuries forced him to go 4 at the back and we went on a good run. But as soon as he could he went to a back 3 again - - - and the run ended. This season it took the fans kicking off before he let us start playing somewhere near ground level, and using midfield a bit, and we went on another good run. But gradually he slipped us back to going wide and cross it, going full on at Northampton, who demonstrated that teams had  rumbled us. All they had to do was double up on our wide men and we are stuffed, which is all Wycombe had to do to us last night.

The latest rash of injuries should have hurt us big time, but forced us to play 3 in the middle and we did ok. So why the hell did he go 2 in the middle plus “Wang it wide and punt the crosses in” last night? Wycombe doubled up on the wide boys and yes, we were stuffed - - - again! 🙄

Yes the players have a lot to answer for, but  when you are asked to do your job in a way that you know is no good, but you have a gun at your head that says “that way or the highway” it is demoralising - I know from personal experience.

For the remaining matches can we have a giant flag made to wave at Warne that says. “4 AT THE BACK AND 3 IN MIDFIELD PLEASE, PAUL”?

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

McGoldrick was only missing for the first two games. He was available for all the rest. But so what? Warne lost Bird for the whole of the key month of February when results started to falter and was working with Rosenior's squad. But you should know very well that Clowes took the decision not to appoint Rosenior for reasons beyond mere results. The continual harping back to Rosenior by some posters is tedious for that very reason and no-one knows how the season would have gone with him in charge.

I swear I've never come across a situation before where an element in a clubs fanbase has moaned so much about a manager with their team in 2nd place. I'm sure some of our fans have totally lost the plot.

I'm not harping back to him - I'm responding to someone else that harped back to him to criticise him.  Nor was I moaning about Warne - just correcting an attempt to rewrite history. 

No Didzy wasn't available after 2 games - he made a few cameos off the bench - when was he available to start ?*

What were these reasons Clowes didn't keep Rosenior ? 

* I make it he started 2 league games for Rosenior - so not really enough time to be up to speed.  

Edited by trappatoni

I think we need to see where we are at the end of the season and then take stock. I think if we don’t go up Warne will resign. If we do, I think he will be given until Christmas to see what he can do. In the meantime let’s get behind the team and try and help get them over the line 😊

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still had us playing well in more than one style as evidenced by his final game.

And yet you spent his entire tenure screeching about how crap he was. Even after he'd gone when you proved to be Warne's biggest cheerleader, dropping laughing emojis on anyone who dared to suggest he might not be an improvement on Rosenior. 

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think we need to see where we are at the end of the season and then take stock. I think if we don’t go up Warne will resign. If we do, I think he will be given until Christmas to see what he can do. In the meantime let’s get behind the team and try and help get them over the line 😊

I agree now isn't the time to discuss the future of the manager.   Not for me anyway. 

If we go up I think you have to give him a go in the Championship and I'm sure we will- if we don't I think there's a debate to be had but I'd fully expect Clowes to keep him and I don't see him walking.    Yes he's had some criticism but that's pretty much just modern football.  He will know this is the biggest club he's getting to manage next season.

19 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

I agree now isn't the time to discuss the future of the manager.   Not for me anyway. 

If we go up I think you have to give him a go in the Championship and I'm sure we will- if we don't I think there's a debate to be had but I'd fully expect Clowes to keep him and I don't see him walking.    Yes he's had some criticism but that's pretty much just modern football.  He will know this is the biggest club he's getting to manage next season.

Virtually 2 seasons to get us up and he hasn’t. He will see that as a failure and do the right thing I would imagine. Anyway, let’s not worry about it for now.

44 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

What were these reasons Clowes didn't keep Rosenior ? 

Sorry about the link to a crappy Reach website, but this article covers it. IIRC Clowes gave the same reasons shortly after the decision was made, either to RD or at the first fans forum.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/a-bridge-far-derby-county-8567066?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He won’t resign if we don’t go up. Clowes won’t get rid of him either. Clowes loves him and think it was quite clear from the fans forum that Pearce loves him. The people side, the environment, the culture, Clowes is big into that in terms of running his company (that’s a good thing by the way I’d want to work for a company with a good culture and think I do for the most part which is probably why I’m still there after 13 years). No one can deny Warne is very strong in this area. Warne is going nowhere and I think some need to realise that. I think he’ll be in charge for at least next season and probably the rest of his contract.

Personally I still think we’re going up so this is moot, but if we were to stay down, I think it would be counter productive to sack Warne and could risk keeping us down here for a few more years. He knows what it takes in League 1 as he’s won 3 promotions,  we’ve improved this season from last and I know a lot of people struggle to accept this but we have been hampered by restrictions compared with our promotion rivals both this season and last. This summer with no restrictions he’s best placed to know what we need to be promoted next season, a new playing style and building something new again could keep us down for longer IMO. 

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This summer with no restrictions he’s best placed to know what we need to be promoted next season, a new playing style and building something new again could keep us down for longer IMO. 

I agree, whilst i think at times performances have been frustrating, with restrictions lifted and a lot of players out of contract in the summer.. i think next season we would really see a Warne side.

Clearly his preffered formation is 3-5-2 but we dont have the squad at the moment for this.

I believe if we do go up that Warne will adapt and play a bit more football.

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He won’t resign if we don’t go up. Clowes won’t get rid of him either. Clowes loves him and think it was quite clear from the fans forum that Pearce loves him. The people side, the environment, the culture, Clowes is big into that in terms of running his company (that’s a good thing by the way I’d want to work for a company with a good culture and think I do for the most part which is probably why I’m still there after 13 years). No one can deny Warne is very strong in this area. Warne is going nowhere and I think some need to realise that. I think he’ll be in charge for at least next season and probably the rest of his contract.

Personally I still think we’re going up so this is moot, but if we were to stay down, I think it would be counter productive to sack Warne and could risk keeping us down here for a few more years. He knows what it takes in League 1 as he’s won 3 promotions,  we’ve improved this season from last and I know a lot of people struggle to accept this but we have been hampered by restrictions compared with our promotion rivals both this season and last. This summer with no restrictions he’s best placed to know what we need to be promoted next season, a new playing style and building something new again could keep us down for longer IMO. 

Totally agree with everything you say.  His strength is in building the right culture and environment.  You only have to listen to Adams talk about how everyone has treated him, etc.   Look at Hourihane when he hasn’t been playing, he’s cheering and encouraging from the sidelines.  That’s all down to Warne and the culture and environment he’s built.  That can’t be underestimated.

25 minutes ago, northantsram said:

I agree, whilst i think at times performances have been frustrating, with restrictions lifted and a lot of players out of contract in the summer.. i think next season we would really see a Warne side.

Clearly his preffered formation is 3-5-2 but we dont have the squad at the moment for this.

I believe if we do go up that Warne will adapt and play a bit more football.

And that, in a nutshell, is precisely why he has to go.