Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

16 minutes ago, Srg said:

Shame he got sent off before half time in his first AFCON game, means he didn't play in either of their other 2 games. That would've helped sharpness!

To be fair, I’ve just looked it up on WhoScored and he’s had 538 minutes from 14 games this season.

Not a huge amount per game, but more than Thompson and slightly less than Fornah, so he shouldn’t be any more or less up to speed than some of our other options.

Played more footy recently than a good few of ours, addresses some theoretical needs as an athletic and energetic ball winning type of midfielder, suggests strongly that PW may play a 4-3-3 with a holding mid, which ought to play to our strengths, the guy is a current international and a good age to boot.

You never really know, but it looks promising to me and I'm not sure why some are down in mouth over it.

First thing I read was "good at breaking up play and switching defence to attack."

Then everything else was "deadwood", "get rid", "not good enough but tries hard."

Its another cut-price gamble, just like Wilson, Washington, Fornah etc. It might or might not work, but it is at least trying to address a need, and if he's all we can get (same with a Gregory) then at least its something. Its also temporary.

You'd imagine Warne scouted him for Rotherham at some point and its based on that.

Lets be glad who we've kept (touch wood), that we've added a couple of bodies to see us through.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I suppose it depends on what we do with him.  If he just comes in and replaces one of Bird or Hourihane, then I don't think he's learned anything - we've just replaced a footballer with a guy that runs around a lot, and not solved any of the underlying issues.  If he comes in with the intention of moving to a 3 in midfield, and using him to get Bird and Hourihane on the ball in more dangerous areas, then maybe.

Well yeah but I was giving Warne the benefit of doubt... then again I did that when we signed Fornah!

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Good signing, fits in with the rest of Warne’s recruitment. I did think the treatment table was getting a bit empty.

To be fair, the injury which kept him out for all of last season was afreak accident "never seen before in football" and doesn't seem to be a problem which could reocurr. He's been releatively free from injuries throughout his career.

If his performances at Forest Green are anything to go by, he'll be the 'midfield enforcer' many people crave. He also had a good attacking output for a DM when playing for them. Much better than what you'd expect from Fornah and Smith.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Really, has anyone heard of this bloke before, or seen him play. I am reading a lot on here about what wonderful news this is, and yet he has started 5 games in the last 2 seasons. 

Yes, I saw him a few times playing for FGR, but it was a couple of seasons ago. He likes to get stuck into a tackle! 

Always hard to say when making the step up, and he obviously struggled with injuries in a very similar way to Wilson after he moved from FGR, but that team was pretty impressive and the biggest mistake Dale Vince made was not holding onto his best players when they got promoted. 

This is another gamble, another risk similar to Embleton, John Jules and a few others.

I guess we have to accept this is the market we are shopping in at the moment. We don’t have the financial freedom to sign the likes of Moxon and Brannagan. We have to take risks on out of favour players.

Let’s hope it works out and Adams impresses and adds some much needed dynamism, aggression and balance to our midfield.

Perhaps it’s a try before you buy kind of deal, as he seems to have one year left on his Cardiff deal.

Hopefully it’s a better January loan than White was.🤞