Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

42 minutes ago, BPV said:

Willing to see what he can do, but sounds like more of another puts a shift in midfielder as opposed to a technical player. Our midfield issues aren’t going to be resolved by running around more…

That said, if he comes in we change the system allowing the likes of Bird and Hourihane to do the better bits of football I can’t see why he won’t improve us.

11 games played in 2 seasons is obviously pretty concerning, even if his injury was a freak one. His last full season was 2 years ago at league 2, which again is concerning. 

Not trying to pile on and be overly negative, but from a realistic standpoint this doesn’t strike me as a player we’ve scouted for a while and he’s a massive gamble both ability and fitness wise.

Hopefully he adds a bit of something in the middle, and at minimum he’s another body in for the run in to cover injuries.

Wait what? Another puts a shift in midfielder as opposed to technical player?

I would call Hourihane and Bird technical (and too similar) players and our midfield lacks someone who can run around a bit.

Sounds good signing for me.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How will our midfield now look? Who will miss out? I think Thommo will be unlucky to be left out after recent performances. 

I'd drop Hourahan, I know he's captain but that shouldn't give him a free pass every game. Very dissapointed in him this season, bar a couple of excellent goals, does very little for me.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How will our midfield now look? Who will miss out? I think Thommo will be unlucky to be left out after recent performances. 

Warne'll no doubt go with Adams, Hourihane and Bird once he's settled. Personally, I'd have Thompson or Sibley (when not filling in at LB) in there over Hourihane to maintain a high press. I've said it before, but Hourihane should have a reduced role in the squad - coming off the becnh every game to see games out or provide a different threat if chasing a result.

I expect Smith to be loaned out tomorow. I wouldn't be surprised if Fornah is loaned out either.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne'll no doubt go with Adams, Hourihane and Bird once he's settled. Personally, I'd have Thompson or Sibley (when not filling in at LB) in there over Hourihane to maintain a high press. I've said it before, but Hourihane should have a reduced role in the squad - coming off the becnh every game to see games out or provide a different threat if chasing a result.

I expect Smith to be loaned out tomorow. I wouldn't be surprised if Fornah is loaned out either.

Happy for Smith to go but keep Fornah. I agree about Conor 👍

1 hour ago, jono said:

Welcome Ebou. Sounds good, decent aura from an instinct point of view. Glad he’s got a buddy in Wilson. If he has fire like Kane then all to the good.

My happy clappy self thinks this could be a very good signing.

Happy enough with Bird OR Hourihan but the two together don’t cut it. Is Ebou the key and will Warne rotate ?

His ‘song’is gonna be an obvious version of the one for ‘Pppopoooooooooommmmm’ I can feel it..:😎

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Someone’s got to want them first, and Smith hasn’t played for weeks. Be surprised if anyone’s beating the door down for him.

Edited by DiggerB

Oh my god. What's this obsession with Forest Green? That's three players signed from their promotion team in the last year. What's wrong with Rotherham nowadays? 😇

He seems like just what we need. This window has gone better than I expected. If we get in a back up centre forward I'll be pretty happy. 

Edited by S6 boy