Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Lot of posters saying how happy he is. You would be too if you had left behind both war torn Gambia, and Cardiff.

He was born in Greenwich, not sure how much of worn torn Gambia he has ever seen 😉 

Agree on leaving behind Cardiff though

Charismatic chap. Hopefully he's an upgrade on Fornah, who I've not been impressed with to be honest. Adams is what I thought Fornah would bring to the table. Sounds to be Warne had no faith in Fornah and that's why he's been looking at Adams for a couple of months to potentially replace him.

5 minutes ago, SSD said:

Charismatic chap. Hopefully he's an upgrade on Fornah, who I've not been impressed with to be honest. Adams is what I thought Fornah would bring to the table. Sounds to be Warne had no faith in Fornah and that's why he's been looking at Adams for a couple of months to potentially replace him.

Fornah hasnt had a run of games to establish himself. hes shown plenty of signs that hes got something about him

Edited by CodnorRam

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I’d have three playing in midfield but we have so many wide players we can’t fit them in so something has to give way and Warne has chosen central midfield as the place where we short of bodies on the pitch much to the criticism of Bird and Hourahan unfairly 

Midfielders (7) - Bird, Hourihane, Adams, Thompson, Smith, Fornah, Sibley
Wide players (4/5) - Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Barkhuizen, Wilson, Ward (?)

We're perhaps a Smith/Fornah and a Ward too heavy in terms of squad size but not too bad, especially as Wilson/Ward also cover RB.
However, we would be a tad heavy at CF in a 433 once we sign someone and other players are all fit (5): Collins, New, Washington, Waghorn, John-Jules

On 04/02/2024 at 11:23, CodnorRam said:

Will he be available to buy? If he carries on like he did yesterday he may be a fan favourite. 

His contract runs until 2025, so we might have to pay a fee if Cardiff are willing to let him go.

On 04/02/2024 at 11:23, CodnorRam said:

Will he be available to buy? If he carries on like he did yesterday he may be a fan favourite. 

Really looking forward to seeing him at the weekend. If his physical presence means the others can get forward then it’s all to the good. 

On 01/02/2024 at 12:58, Ghost of Clough said:

Midfielders (7) - Bird, Hourihane, Adams, Thompson, Smith, Fornah, Sibley
Wide players (4/5) - Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Barkhuizen, Wilson, Ward (?)

We're perhaps a Smith/Fornah and a Ward too heavy in terms of squad size but not too bad, especially as Wilson/Ward also cover RB.
However, we would be a tad heavy at CF in a 433 once we sign someone and other players are all fit (5): Collins, New, Washington, Waghorn, John-Jules

With Bird going and Hourihane's contract up at the end of the year, I wonder if Adams + Fornah is his plan for next year? Suspect Smith will go too.

6 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

With Bird going and Hourihane's contract up at the end of the year, I wonder if Adams + Fornah is his plan for next year? Suspect Smith will go too.

I can't see Fornah being more than backup to Adams, and actually see us selling him. I'm going to make the assumption Warne will go with 343 next season, so Adams (if we sign him) would be partnered with a new signing who offers a bit of creativity. Thompson (if retained) and 2 other new signigns rotated in now and then. Sibley (if retained) mostly used as competition with Elder at LWB.

25 minutes ago, sage said:

it isn't good either. You need a good passer in there, not just worker ants, it solves our previous problem but creates another

It’s a good point but Tommo is still learning, has room to grow and Fornah has real potential in my mind. Not seen enough to be certain but there is the makings of a more mobile ball winning midfield. But yes .. you do get the feeling you need a magic moment player in the mix if we are to prosper.