Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

49 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Got sent off for the Gambia at the ANC

that was in his first game, didn't play again.  He is the right sort of player but a bit of a crock.  just looks like another gamble on fitness 

6 minutes ago, Waghorny said:

If this paves the way for Fornah to leave on loan, it makes a complete and uttery mockery of Warne's transfer policy...

Perhaps, and I'd rather we didn't make such mistakes in the first place, but admitting an error and making an attempt to correct it is better than just buggering on anyway.

Not that there's any real indication Fornah is going anywhere.

54 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Always a good sign when you see current fans wishing the lad good luck and saying they’re sad to see him go. Lots of them saying he’s a workhorse and is championship quality but has been unlucky with his time there.

Any links?

Most of the comments I am seeing are along the lines of ‘ get rid of dead wood/not Champ quality/lower league player’ etc…..🤷😳

6 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Any links?

Most of the comments I am seeing are along the lines of ‘ get rid of dead wood/not Champ quality/lower league player’ etc…..🤷😳

The only replied to Pete Orourke and Football insider on X I’ve seen have been positive 

Open to this, hopefully can stay fit. Fornah has been a bit up and down. Started really well, then fell off quite dramatically. Still has shown some qualities though, carries the ball well.

Hopefully this a sign the midfield pairing is to change, bird and hourihane is not working.

38 minutes ago, Srg said:

They haven't though have they. Thompson and Fornah have been right there, as well as the likes of Robinson and Fapetu. He'd bombed Fornah out entirely for a game or two.

Thompson was literally out for 15 weeks.

Smith has been out since god knows when.

Fornah was out for Lincoln and Reading games. 

He's mentioned so many times that chucking young players in before they are ready can ruin them. How is he expected to chuck Fapetu or Robinson in? Obviously felt that experience of Hourihane and Bird is better. 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Really, has anyone heard of this bloke before, or seen him play. I am reading a lot on here about what wonderful news this is, and yet he has started 5 games in the last 2 seasons. 

Yes but do you not think its the excitement of Smith and Gregory not being top of the threads when fans look here that is driving the excitement?

31 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Anyway, if we sign this lad (which I have no doubt we will) then it goes some way to alleviating people's concerns about how he sees the team working better as a unit, which is what most people critical of Warne do actually want from him.

Awareness, learning, improvement. It's just that we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it.

I suppose it depends on what we do with him.  If he just comes in and replaces one of Bird or Hourihane, then I don't think he's learned anything - we've just replaced a footballer with a guy that runs around a lot, and not solved any of the underlying issues.  If he comes in with the intention of moving to a 3 in midfield, and using him to get Bird and Hourihane on the ball in more dangerous areas, then maybe.

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but do you not think its the excitement of Smith and Gregory not being top of the threads when fans look here that is driving the excitement?

It could be that of course. I think it more likely a cocktail of orgasmic release, heady optimism, utter delusion and partial relief.

Being a lazy statto, is there really much difference between him and Fornah? Could argue Fornah has started more matches in the last couple of years. Sounds like a midfielder is on the way out.

9 minutes ago, SSD said:

Being a lazy statto, is there really much difference between him and Fornah? Could argue Fornah has started more matches in the last couple of years. Sounds like a midfielder is on the way out.

This is what i thought , we are already low on squad depth and if we got rid of fornah for another player that's far more likely to get injured,  then I don't see how this is good business 

For those with any concerns about his injury record. It appears it was a complete freak incident and isn’t something that’s a recurring injury… his match sharpness would be the main issue. He managed four full seasons prior to joining Cardiff, then has barely played in the last two years. He’s probably one to ease in slowly, which isn’t the most ideal when there’s only a few months left.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brutal-injury-never-seen-before-27550239.amp

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

For those with any concerns about his injury record. It appears it was a complete freak incident and isn’t something that’s a recurring injury… his match sharpness would be the main issue. He managed four full seasons prior to joining Cardiff, then has barely played in the last two years. He’s probably one to ease in slowly, which isn’t the most ideal when there’s only a few months left.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brutal-injury-never-seen-before-27550239.amp

Shame he got sent off before half time in his first AFCON game, means he didn't play in either of their other 2 games. That would've helped sharpness!

Requirement no.2

"Speaking exclusively to canaries.co.uk about his move, Adams said: "This is a dream come true for me, and I’ve worked hard to get here.

"I want to thank Jason Long, Deren Ibrahim and Tony Burman, as well as everyone else at Dartford, for their help. They gave me the opportunity, and that gave me the chance to be spotted by Norwich.

"I’d describe myself as a box-to-box midfielder because I like to get about the pitch. My game is about working hard, and that’s what I need to do now to push on again."

What his FGR page said:

"Bringing speed and energy to the Rovers midfield, Ebou Adams is at his best when he’s breaking up the opponents’ play, getting hold of the ball and making crucial passes to put his team onto the front foot.

Active from box to box, the media often claim Ebou is the most fouled player in League Two, but there’s a lot more to the Gambian international’s game than shielding the ball and winning free kicks. He has the speed and agility to glide past players, and when Rovers are turning the screw, he’ll blast in a blinder from the edge of the area or make a late run into the box to rise for a header.

That’s exactly what he did in Rovers’ Newport nail-biter in the play-offs – his brilliant header in the second leg in May 2021 was one of the highlights of the season. He also scored in Rovers’ last game of the previous campaign with a wonder strike away at promoted Swindon Town, just before the season was curtailed by COVID-19.

Ebou is a hugely influential player for the club, which has earned him the number eight shirt and a contract extension keeping him with FGR until the end of the 2021/22 season."

Edited by RoyMac5