Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

Looks like a player who has had the injury bug knee injury (chipped bone) and also torn his pec muscle on the pitch according to a Cardiff interview last year so don't be surprised if he just crumbles with the state of our pitch

He is exactly what we're missing in midfield, he is a ball winning machine. He's the nastiest we need in midfield. It's given me a bit of hope that Warne can see the issues we're having in midfield and looking to address it.

However, his fitness and injuries issues are a big concern.

Here's his 21/22 defensive stats:

image.png.3ec780022d76d6ef275a31f6e6bc8363.png

I really hope this happens. This is what I called for in the midfield thread a few days ago. 

We have good attacking options but they aren't free to get forward and do their thing because no one is doing the nasty stuff to allow them to stop looking over their shoulders.

Love the idea of:

Adams (DM)

Thompson/Fornah (box to box engine)

Bird/Hourihane/Sibley (number 10 or attacking mid)

I've just got a feeling someone like Adams, in the mold of Eustace, will help knit it all together and we'll start seeing the benefits of our talented squad.

12 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Looks like a player who has had the injury bug knee injury (chipped bone) and also torn his pec muscle on the pitch according to a Cardiff interview last year so don't be surprised if he just crumbles with the state of our pitch

That’s the spirit. 🥳🎉

About time we got an out and out CDM. Bird, Hourihane and Smith are all "keep the ball ticking over" players, they aren't all out attacking and certainly not all out defensive. Glad to see this position filled, now we just need a striker and that should be enough to see us through imo, but NOT Lee Gregory.

Edited by SK47

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sounds promising. 

If we can see the fact that the midfield is weak then it's highly likely Warne can as well.

It's another think our fans have battered Warne about. Playing Bird and Hourihane together.

When most of the last few weeks they've been our only fit midfielders.

They haven't though have they. Thompson and Fornah have been right there, as well as the likes of Robinson and Fapetu. He'd bombed Fornah out entirely for a game or two.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

They haven't though have they. Thompson and Fornah have been right there, as well as the likes of Robinson and Fapetu. He'd bombed Fornah out entirely for a game or two.

Gotta keep up the idea that anyone critical of Warne for any reason whatsoever is an idiot though, and rubbish any and all notions that he's actually responsible for any of the negatives we see.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Anyway, if we sign this lad (which I have no doubt we will) then it goes some way to alleviating people's concerns about how he sees the team working better as a unit, which is what most people critical of Warne do actually want from him.

Awareness, learning, improvement. It's just that we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it.

Edited by May Contain Nuts