Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

44 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Optimistic with this one. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Nice to see one from out of the blue, too. Maybe folks could pause to reflect that maybe some of the more hyperbolic criticisms of the club and manager have been more bolics than hyper.

From his RTV interview appears the iron was in the fire for a couple of months before the deal was done. Maybe, just maybe the recruitment team aren’t playing FIFA/Royal Kingdom all day…….😜

Never heard of him never seen him play and another massive gamble on another teams mainly injured player 

I hope he does fantastic for us and at 28 he needs to with a career of doing ok at FGR 

let’s see who leaves tomorrow - Smith? Fornah ? Bird ?

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think it might be Adams with Bird and Conor in front of him…

Disagree

I'd play Bird deepest, but I think PW will play Hourihane deepest. We need a good passer near the CBs dictating play.

Pace is needed in midfield, you want the fastest CM sat. You want him pressing, breaking into the box

I love this signing for nothing more than this being a competency test for both our recruitment and coaching staff.

A player, who lets be fair, hasn’t proven anything beyond fourth tier in English football has been bought in and plays a position where we have five or six options already on the books, potentially 7 or 8 depending on how far down the list you want to go: Hourihane, Bird, Sibley, Thompson, Fornah, Smith, Radcliffe and Robinson. A position of the pitch where despite the quantity of players and individual ability there still causes us a problem with regards to balance. 

The recruitment staff have essentially nailed their colours to the mast and essentially said we can highlight a player, out of favour, who isn’t proven at our level because we can see ability. This is a good case study for their ability to judge a player and not just going off a CV and availability - like with Bradley, Elder, Ward and so many others we’ve signed. If he turns out to be pony, then we know that the guys tasked with highlighting players couldn’t tell their arse from their elbow and get them promptly binned off.

Warne, despite the options available to him, has brought this player to the club to address the balance and make us a better team. Does his analysis, coaching and strategy all click on the basis of this signing? Is he going to be the dynamic piece we all hope for, or have we just signed another Springett? Can he make use of this signing, does he win his place, does he facilitate what Warne wants to do? 

I have no idea, which is the exciting part, because I’m really keen to see how this one plays out. 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I love this signing for nothing more than this being a competency test for both our recruitment and coaching staff.

A player, who lets be fair, hasn’t proven anything beyond fourth tier in English football has been bought in and plays a position where we have five or six options already on the books, potentially 7 or 8 depending on how far down the list you want to go: Hourihane, Bird, Sibley, Thompson, Fornah, Smith, Radcliffe and Robinson. A position of the pitch where despite the quantity of players and individual ability there still causes us a problem with regards to balance. 

The recruitment staff have essentially nailed their colours to the mast and essentially said we can highlight a player, out of favour, who isn’t proven at our level because we can see ability. This is a good case study for their ability to judge a player and not just going off a CV and availability - like with Bradley, Elder, Ward and so many others we’ve signed. If he turns out to be pony, then we know that the guys tasked with highlighting players couldn’t tell their arse from their elbow and get them promptly binned off.

Warne, despite the options available to him, has brought this player to the club to address the balance and make us a better team. Does his analysis, coaching and strategy all click on the basis of this signing? Is he going to be the dynamic piece we all hope for, or have we just signed another Springett? Can he make use of this signing, does he win his place, does he facilitate what Warne wants to do? 

I have no idea, which is the exciting part, because I’m really keen to see how this one plays out. 

I suspect the key here will be how PW plays him. Does it work with him as defensive centre midfielder but still stick with Bird and Hourihane in front of him ?.. think 🤔 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Do we have some sort of link to FGR? Is there a vegan in the recruitment team? Is that three players now (inc C Savage) with FGR links?

Edited by RoyMac5

8 hours ago, sage said:

Disagree

I'd play Bird deepest, but I think PW will play Hourihane deepest. We need a good passer near the CBs dictating play.

Pace is needed in midfield, you want the fastest CM sat. You want him pressing, breaking into the box

I was saying what I think Warne will do. I would have Conor on the bench.

55 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We had Luke McGee on loan from them. He was also part of their 21/22 L2 promotion team

And a damn good keeper he was for them, too. Never got a look in here.

Ebou's Wiki page said he signed a three-year deal in July 2022, so he's free in July 2025, presumably.

The defensive stats posted above are very encouraging. Hopefully he'll add the steel to midfield we need, play all 17 games, we'll go up, then sign him for a song in the summer.

He seems like a lovely, smiley character too, a good guy to have around. And by the sounds of his regular Nando's order, the Market Place branch are going to have to hire some extra staff.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was saying what I think Warne will do. I would have Conor on the bench.

I’d have three playing in midfield but we have so many wide players we can’t fit them in so something has to give way and Warne has chosen central midfield as the place where we short of bodies on the pitch much to the criticism of Bird and Hourahan unfairly