Ed Dawes

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

He’s not been on Radio Derby all week and he won’t have been on holiday because his partner, Sally Pepper , has been doing her show this week. She is being made redundant in 3 weeks as part of BBC local radio cut backs and I imagine Ed Dawes is not too impressed.

Keep her on and let him go?

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I didn't here it but believe he went into meltdown mode against Bolton.  Perhaps the club have requested a cooling off period.

Alternatively, he seems to have got into the habit of doing things like reading texts and then telling people not to text in if that's their opinion.  Not ideal for a fella doing the commentary.

Or maybe he's got a cold.

That’s my issue, he’s almost telling people how to be fans. We need to give time or this opinion is wrong like you say. Should be far more neutral as a commentator.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's quite an unpleasant forum on here sometimes isn't it.

The blokes doing his job,has some time off for unknown reasons and gets personally slagged off by fellow derby supporters whilst he does so.

Was just gonna say this. Maybe he’s ill, maybe there’s a personal issue he’s dealing with. There are many reasons that people don’t go to work. He is just a normal person after all, being on the radio doesn’t change that. 

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The blokes doing his job,has some time off for unknown reasons and gets personally slagged off by fellow derby supporters whilst he does so.

Yet you're quite happy to say one of OUR players has lime green jelly where his brain should be?

31 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It’s a forum, it’s for opinions. Also seems a widely held one that Ed Dawes is not great at his job or very well liked

1 hour ago, Owen87ITK said:

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about Bloomers. 

Shrewsbury wore T-shirts with his, and another supporters’ name on, when they celebrated that promotion.

Fantastic broadcaster, wonderful bloke. I miss him. 

We go to West Park in Long Eaton often and there is a Colin Bloomfield sun metre thing there, it always reminds me of him. 

On another note, not sure who commentating today, I didn't catch his name...whoever it was, he was very good, no need to warm to his voice, he just seems to have it...similar to Ross Fletcher in a way.

57 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Was just gonna say this. Maybe he’s ill, maybe there’s a personal issue he’s dealing with. There are many reasons that people don’t go to work. He is just a normal person after all, being on the radio doesn’t change that. 

Obviously take this with a pinch of salt, but someone on Twitter said they’d spoken to him at a game recently and that it was something to do with Radio Derby “politics”.