Ed Dawes

DarkFruitsRam7

20 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

He’s not been on Radio Derby all week and he won’t have been on holiday because his partner, Sally Pepper , has been doing her show this week. She is being made redundant in 3 weeks as part of BBC local radio cut backs and I imagine Ed Dawes is not too impressed.

She isn't being made redundant her position is.

So Dawes has no reason to feel aggrieved 

21 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

He’s not been on Radio Derby all week and he won’t have been on holiday because his partner, Sally Pepper , has been doing her show this week. She is being made redundant in 3 weeks as part of BBC local radio cut backs and I imagine Ed Dawes is not too impressed.

Yeah, getting himself sacked as well will really show the BBC bosses the error of their ways. I'd be happy to see him go anyway. He's rank.

1 minute ago, Poynton ram said:

I know he wasn’t a Rams fan but always thought Colin Bloomfield was a quality broadcaster and didn’t realise his passing in 2015 was so long ago. Who was the miserable chap that commentated alongside Graham Richards and also did the cricket?

He was, and I remeber he got pelters about his commentating when he first started but he worked really hard at it and did get better.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

She isn't being made redundant her position is.

So Dawes has no reason to feel aggrieved 

You need to send this to the BBC HR department. I bet they've not had the wit to couch it this way. Genius! 😂

In all seriousness, Dawes is nearly as triggered as some on here and with luck, his protest will see him removed too. Not turning up to work amid widespread cutbacks is the province of a fool and Dawes certainly fits the bill. I sense he thinks he's irreplaceable, which is pretty funny IMO.

37 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Find him really unlikeable, would happily get someone else in for his role.

Your opinion of him is higher than mine.

I'm sure he is a man of many talents, but so far he has done a remarkable job in keeping them hidden from view.

Edited by sage

I didn't here it but believe he went into meltdown mode against Bolton.  Perhaps the club have requested a cooling off period.

Alternatively, he seems to have got into the habit of doing things like reading texts and then telling people not to text in if that's their opinion.  Not ideal for a fella doing the commentary.

Or maybe he's got a cold.

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

Died about 7 hours before they were promoted as well. I think his dad died a month later as well. Horrible all round.

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about Bloomers. 

Shrewsbury wore T-shirts with his, and another supporters’ name on, when they celebrated that promotion.

Fantastic broadcaster, wonderful bloke. I miss him. 

5 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about Bloomers. 

Shrewsbury wore T-shirts with his, and another supporters’ name on, when they celebrated that promotion.

Fantastic broadcaster, wonderful bloke. I miss him. 

Well said and clearly from the heart. As a previous melanoma “survivor” I often think of his brave fight.