Ed Dawes

DarkFruitsRam7

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Is it nostalgia with Graham? His voice was iconic and I can still hear him in my head commentating but do we remember him so fondly because he was doing it during our last period of sustained success under Smith? I might be wrong I just wondered whether that’s part of the reason people hold such strong memories of him. I wonder if it’d be the same if he was instead just commentating on us scrapping around the 4th division with no ‘WANCHOPEEEE’ moments. 

I'm old enough to remember him in the 1983 era, he could be pretty savage. I remember one game he started his aftermatch report with I have no problems with two players (I think Bobby and another I can't remember) before outlining the many problems he had with the rest of the team. It might have been after a 5-0 defeat at Barnsley

1 hour ago, 8Leeds said:

My god you truly are petulant. 

56 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Mate, don’t engage. You’ll be just wasting your time, you’ll have more luck teaching trigonometry to a dachshund then getting Turden to see any other point of view.

1 hour ago, 8Leeds said:

To those of you that made it personal, hang your heads in shame. 

Gasp Oh Snap GIF by P.O.S.

26 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Gasp Oh Snap GIF by P.O.S.

Ed isn’t here posting tripe is he or trying to twist other posters comments. Bit of a difference isn’t there? 

Flattered that you’ve gone to the lengths you have though and on a Sunday. Bless ya little cotton socks.

Edited by 8Leeds

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Who said in 2010 that Eric was the best goalkeeping coach in the world and also employed Eric as United's defensive coach.

In my opinion if you don't like listening to Eric Steele talking about football you simply don't like football and shouldn't bother listening in the first place.

Bit passive-aggressive there buddy. I don’t mind his commentary, and think he makes some insightful points. But the constant name-drop is a little tiresome now. We know Eric, we know!

18 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Bit of a difference isn’t there? 

No, that's the whole point. You're happy to get personal when someone annoys you, but you want to sermonise others if they do the same. 

20 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Flattered that you’ve gone to the lengths you have though and on a Sunday. Bless ya little cotton socks.

Thanks love, but you weren't hard to find.

Shame that he’s struggling with his mental health, by definition though if you’re a commentator pundit on radio or tv you’ve got to be open to feedback. Be that positive or negative. Would suggest doing something else may be the best solution going forwards.

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

Fox and Anchor, Farringdon?

Back in the late 1980's/early 1990's, I used to work at the Stock Exchange, and we used to have a 'team breakfast' there once every couple of months. The pub had a 'special' licence which allowed them to open at 7:00 am.

A huge plate of sausages, bacon, black pudding etc, washed down with a couple of pints of Fullers ESB - the perfect way to start the working week.

If I had a couple of pints with my breakfast while working in the stock exchange would be the perfect conditions for the next financial crisis.

56 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Could have saved themselves a lot of anguish if they had just said this in the first place. Would have been a lot of sympathy instead of hurtful speculation.

His health is his own business really. Why should he or his Mrs have to share that with anyone? 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I like her style. Almost written like she’s shouting it. As for Ed Dawes, whenever I listen to the radio I have to turn the sound off. Nothing to do with Ed Dawes, it’s because we’re playing that bad I can’t bare to listen.

Hope he’s ok in fairness because he is only doing his job. If that is what’s getting him down, he shouldn’t let things get to him.

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Shame that he’s struggling with his mental health, by definition though if you’re a commentator pundit on radio or tv you’ve got to be open to feedback. Be that positive or negative. Would suggest doing something else may be the best solution going forwards.

Criticism of his work is fine, but the personal abuse he is subject to from some, both on X and here, goes beyond that.

I knew why Ed was off work because his colleagues said so, but I didn't post it on here because I knew what would follow.

Anyone should be able to do any job, without fear of personal abuse. 

Having moved away from the area I no longer have a season ticket 😞  RamsTV (audio) and Ed Dawes are now an essential part of my matchday experience.  I enjoy his commentary and the banter they all seem to have together.  Its not quite the same when someone else is doing the commentary. 

Hope he's feeling better and back commentating soon.

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For the lazy!

From one Derby fan to another, all the best Ed. 

As Sally said, my opinion be it good or bad on his commentary matters not, no person should be subject to any form of abuse online.

Pretty sure if any of us had hundreds of people laying into us online over the work we do, it would drag us down.

Don't like him? Don't tweet him, just turn your radio off.