Paul Warne on Sportscene for full hour 1st August

Srg

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

My take from this is I can't wait for the season to start and I also need to block about 50 of our fans on twitter and on here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course they are. Who am I to tell them they are right of wrong. I cant. I'm a nobody. I have no influence or importance. However, after reading the same guff over and over and over again, I'm past the stage of interaction and discussion. Past the stage of even reading or listening. I'm now, sadly, just blocking and enjoying the rest.

I find reading the comments on Twitter to be sad and depressing. So many people are entitled and toxic. 

8 minutes ago, KBB said:

My take from this is I can't wait for the season to start and I also need to block about 50 of our fans on twitter and on here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course they are. Who am I to tell them they are right of wrong. I cant. I'm a nobody. I have no influence or importance. However, after reading the same guff over and over and over again, I'm past the stage of interaction and discussion. Past the stage of even reading or listening. I'm now, sadly, just blocking and enjoying the rest.

That's what i've always done,must have over 20 blocked on here already😄

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I find reading the comments on Twitter to be sad and depressing. So many people are entitled and toxic. 

My twitter now is only about 5 derby fans who post on the #dcfc #dcfcfans the rest I've just blocked.

Post a fake transfer link as a joke? Blocked

So many I simply can not be bothered to see their rubbish appearing on my feed so I just block them.

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Fair play to the bookies, not often you lose a 20 goal striker, fail to replace him but have all the rose’s come up fine.

We haven’t failed to replace him though. We’ve signed a striker who can and has scored goals at this level before. Washington is a different type of player to McGoldrick, I mean let’s face it McGoldrick is a different type of player to most strikers out there, he’s a bit of a rarity in that sense and so we were never likely to get another striker of the same ilk. Add into that the apparent restrictions on the club and what we have got is an incoming senior striker (Washington) with a solid enough career and goal record replacing an outgoing striker (McGoldrick). 
We need more goals throughout the team but this idea we haven’t got anyone to replace McGoldrick almost ignores Washington’s presence just to repeatedly make a point that I’ve pretty much lost the real relevance of. If we add in another 1 or 2 senior strikers we’re in a better situation for squad depth than we were in the second half of last season, the players might be less fashionable, classy or cool than McGoldrick, but they’ll do a job for the team. 

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Latest news with Reading, who signed Sam Smith might have to let all their summer signings go, due to their tax problems. They are now under a fresh embargo and rumours are that the 4 players that they recently signed are yet to be registered.

That would be interesting especially as they have already broken Mr Smith 

6 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

How do you know Collins or Wash won't get 20 this season?.

How many seasons did Mcgoldrick score 20 in a season before he signed for us?.

Very true, this time last season, we hadn't signed a 20 goal player. Hopefully, we have now got the players to give the service to the likes of Collins and Washington, to enable them to get 20 goals.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Latest news with Reading, who signed Sam Smith might have to let all their summer signings go, due to their tax problems. They are now under a fresh embargo and rumours are that the 4 players that they recently signed are yet to be registered.

Not sure about Smith and Knibbs but know for sure that Savage and Wing aren’t registered. Manager confirmed it after their last friendly. Smith is injured anyway, might just be Knibbs of their new signings starting on Saturday - considering they’ve had one of the worst preseasons in living memory I think I’ll bet the house on them to lose. 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

He’s just announced our new song/chant: A little Respect. I’m sure someone can come up with some words. 😀

I’m off to Wembley on Sat 12th August and will be singing A Little Respect with 40,000 Hull Kingston Rovers fans in the Challenge Cup Final………

I’ve mentioned it for a few years on here and I think Inverurie Ram has finally landed a song at Pride Park….

I need a lie down……….

I haven’t listened to the interview but to sum up: we’ve made a ridiculous arrangement with the EFL further hampering our ability to compete and making player sales extremely damaging; can’t compete with Charlton, Oxford and a bankrupt Reading for player signings; have to sing a crap Erasure song that 95% of the crowd won’t be able to hit the high notes to; and we are not ruling out selling Max Bird, and he and Cashin won’t sign new contracts. However we have painted the training ground and Conor Washington is amazing.

All I can say is thank God the season is starting to take my mind off it all! 

UTR 🐏

8 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I haven’t listened to the interview but to sum up: we’ve made a ridiculous arrangement with the EFL further hampering our ability to compete and making player sales extremely damaging; can’t compete with Charlton, Oxford and a bankrupt Reading for player signings; have to sing a crap Erasure song that 95% of the crowd won’t be able to hit the high notes to; and we are not ruling out selling Max Bird, and he and Cashin won’t sign new contracts. However we have painted the training ground and Conor Washington is amazing.

All I can say is thank God the season is starting to take my mind off it all! 

UTR 🐏

Well thats one way to look at it 😮

1 hour ago, KBB said:

This is pathetic. Football fans have opinions and are entitled to express them, if only because they pay for the privilege. Of course these opinions may have no influence but sometimes they do - fans reaction got Phil Brown sacked and few thought it was wrong to part company with him.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We haven’t failed to replace him though. We’ve signed a striker who can and has scored goals at this level before. Washington is a different type of player to McGoldrick, I mean let’s face it McGoldrick is a different type of player to most strikers out there, he’s a bit of a rarity in that sense and so we were never likely to get another striker of the same ilk. Add into that the apparent restrictions on the club and what we have got is an incoming senior striker (Washington) with a solid enough career and goal record replacing an outgoing striker (McGoldrick). 
We need more goals throughout the team but this idea we haven’t got anyone to replace McGoldrick almost ignores Washington’s presence just to repeatedly make a point that I’ve pretty much lost the real relevance of. If we add in another 1 or 2 senior strikers we’re in a better situation for squad depth than we were in the second half of last season, the players might be less fashionable, classy or cool than McGoldrick, but they’ll do a job for the team. 

I get what you’re saying. But I don’t look at the squad and see a team full of players willing to step up and pull their weight. 

We may get a few more goals from the defence at corners and so forth but I think it’ll be very similar to last seasons performance which is fine if we’re just wanting to get a place in the top 6. But I thought we’d be banging on the top 2 so it’s disappointing. 

If we were to sign 2/3 quality players then all of a sudden I’d agree that the future is bright, but at the moment that dream appears to be like rocking horse poo.

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

How do you know Collins or Wash won't get 20 this season?.

How many seasons did Mcgoldrick score 20 in a season before he signed for us?.

Well after looking at Collins’ performances last season I’d say he isn’t going to hit 20 goals. 

Looking at Washington’s career I’d also say the same. Hopefully I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it. 

Think we’ll win a load 1-0 but if we do concede I can see more than a few frustrating draws.

On 30/07/2023 at 21:13, i-Ram said:

Nope. I really can’t put up with more than 60 seconds of his chippy humour. I will also restrict my considered comments to what is delivered on the pitch. Warne failed last season, his words as much as mine, hopefully he doesn’t fail this one. I actually don’t think he will, but I know I will always be a long way from sharing his vision as to how football is played. Up the Rams!

from your armchair!! give it a rest ffs!!...you don't like him !!!......we get it!!!