Paul Warne on Sportscene for full hour 1st August

Srg

Missed it last night so I listened to it on my way to work this morning.  I really enjoyed it and could listen to him all day.  I like his ideas on leadership and culture and, as he admires Klopp and his type of football, I like his football philosophy.  I’d rather watch Liverpool when they’re at it than Man City any day of the week.

Obviously he wants a striker or 2 but interesting to hear his comments on Collins.  If he can stay in the middle of the pitch and in and around the penalty area he’ll get more goals.  Totally agree, I think Collins will have a good season.

Can’t wait for Saturday 🐏.

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Missed it last night so I listened to it on my way to work this morning.  I really enjoyed it and could listen to him all day.  I like his ideas on leadership and culture and, as he admires Klopp and his type of football, I like his football philosophy.  I’d rather watch Liverpool when they’re at it than Man City any day of the week.

Obviously he wants a striker or 2 but interesting to hear his comments on Collins.  If he can stay in the middle of the pitch and in and around the penalty area he’ll get more goals.  Totally agree, I think Collins will have a good season.

I totally agree. Some complain he's too open, too honest, borderline frivolous - implying he's a bit smoke and mirrors for a football manager (OUR manager particularly). They mistake his jokey manner for someone desperate to please when he's interviewed. As though it's a smokescreen for lacking substance, or nous - That this "type" of manager isn't what we need. An "old school" type with the tactical ability of Pep is what we need - At League 1 level! 

He doesn't rule by the rod. Modern day footballers rarely respond to those archaic tactics these days. Exhibit A - Nigel Pearson M'Lud.

Don't confuse his "matey" personality with an inability to do a job for us. It's worked 3 times already for him getting a team promoted. That's no accident. The more he practices, the luckier he gets.

In the words of a comedy sketch (which one, escapes me) - "Jesus doesn't give us what we want, He gives us what we NEED". What some think we need is a champagne manager on a Lambrusco budget. What we need, at this time of a total reset of our football club is Paul Warne. Our Lord and Saviour David Clowes worked that one out.

I happen to agree. Even if we don't get promoted this season, when the EFL financial handcuffs are eased next season, we can properly - and within our means - use our fan base and financial advantage at this level, alongside PW and DC to sensibly reposition ourselves to where we can be punching to our weight again.

Sorry for the sermon. Praise the Waaarne!

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

4 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Exactly the same. For once was pleased with the bad traffic. Really enjoyed it and listening to him. Also found his comments on what they are doing around the club generally to try and improve the team ethic interesting to hear. I was not a fan at all on his appointment - liked Liam and contrarily how people kept going on about his great personality really annoyed me and made me think the opposite. But he has totally won me over, cheesy dad jokes and all. Can see why Mr Clowes thought he and his team were what the club needed to have around for the rebuild after that miserable 2-3 years.