Our Queen

angieram

News is spreading fast. 
Here on a campsite in SW France, we’ve already had a couple of “Sorry to hear the news of your Queen”!

The first was the first we knew of it. 

We have no flag, and I can hardly put my UK sticker to half mast, so I’ll just raise a small glass of something stiff, to say goodbye to someone I knew little about, but always had the impression she was decent, hardworking, classy, and dignified. 

Cheers Ma’am. 
Sleep well. 
xxx

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I think her majesty’s already passed away earlier today?.  All the family’s gone up there today and I expect an announcement shortly after they’ve all arrived. 
I can’t imagine another king or Queen. ?

Does our national anthem change ?  

Made the mistake of coming on here then on Twitter. 

Was saddened by the predictably small minded and pathetic comments on Twitter as sadly that's the status quo but was more disappointed by similar petty comments on here.

Did think that at least some of our forum members would have a bit more class but sadly not. 

12 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

A wonderful lady and monarch.  Respected and loved throughout the world.

Rest in Peace Your Majesty.

Just what you said, FBM.

Thank you for a reign which was dignified, unselfish and much respected.

A wonderful lady and a steady presence in my life and my parents and who will be so missed.

RIP Queen Elizabeth XX

No Royalist myself, back in the day I would probably have been a Roundhead and not a Cavalier.  However she was a woman of principle, dignity, grace, and duty, and a massive asset for our country both at home and internationally.  For that I am grateful to have been born, raised and lived through her reign.

Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth.

7 minutes ago, David said:

If you do not wish to pay your respects to the Queen, that's fine, being respectful to the members on this forum that wish to though isn't a big ask.

This really is not the time or the place to discuss personal views on the monarchy. 

I agree, people wouldn’t want to read bad things about a death in their family, we don’t want to read things about our Queen.