Matchday Thread - Derby County v Peterborough United (27/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

Pathetic. Criminal. Bloody amazing. Not good for my health. Struggling to find a way to describe it, but let's give it a go. 

Same old, same old. Decent first half, shambles of a second. As soon as they went down to ten men, total arrogance for our perspective, playing like it was only a matter of time till we won the game, considering we can't score if our lives depended on it. Then as per usual, some pretty shoddy defending gives the opposition ONE chance and they take it.

Only once we concede do we start to play with any purpose, but again, too little too late. Peterborough have a one goal lead, and something to defend. Or is it?....

Somehow, Somehow. And I honestly do not know why, we somehow go on to win the game, despite the lackluster second half. A Knighty thunderbolt header on 87 mins sparks an unlikely comeback, with Didzy Mc"Fecking"Goldrick slotting a delightful equalizer on 92 mins. 

Jeesus fecking christ, this club is gonna be the death of me! But I wouldn't have it any other way! Massive celebratory beer for me, and going to enjoy this unlikeliest turnaround. Will debate the problems at a later date. Now is not the time, just gonna enjoy this big win. 

COYR!

18 hours ago, Yani P said:

They will leave us plenty of space to hopefully rip them to shreds...other teams have basically defended against us and not looked to be too adventurous..Posh will play straight into our hands as they will try to get forward..we will be way too strong for them..

Will Rosie get another couple of games then ?

Football is so very much about momentum. Scoring two goals at the death to turn a losing position into a win makes a massive difference. It gives everyone at the club belief. Nothing is impossible. We are always capable of winning. 

Well done  lads today for not giving up. And for scoring two goals!

Gigantic last 10 mins, could be season defining. Lose and we're left wondering if we're cursed, win and we have the monkey off our backs and kick on! Love McGoldrick already, just oozes quality. Feels good to sucker punch Posh who did this to us last season. I was impressed by them today and can see why they will score by the bucket load in this league, a very good 3 points against one of the favourites to go up IMO.

We stopped playing when Posh went down to 10 men.

There was a period in the first half as well where we really struggled to play out from the back and just lumped misplaced passes.

We don’t have it in us to lump it and play second balls. We don’t have CKR anymore.

Those also questioning Korey Smith. His vertical passes were brilliant when he came on. He did more in 20 minutes than Bird did in the entire game.

Jason Knight is too good for this league.