Matchday Thread - Derby County v Barnsley (13/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

I dont want to sound negative but I thought that was awful, A 30min walk to the ground to watch that, It was poor, I left early as i'd had enough...the b/stard heat killed me, I have never ever watched a game of football in heat like that.

As for the game...well done, Anyone who played in that heat deserves all the plaudits that are going, Left half a pint in the pub as the sun has got me ?

COYRs

PS...The negatives are the weather not the game...

Edited by Unlucky Alf

I don't think we can play Hourihane and Sibley in a midfield three. Their midfield were picking up the loose balls and when we are passing out from the back, Sibley need to drop a bit deeper to provide an option. 

Edited by sage

11 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Loved seeing the Barnsley fan stumbling on the stairs after the match.

He'd just been over to the netting offering to fight the south stand before going down the stairs. 

Saw that? he went banjo didn’t he! Waving his fists at the teenagers baiting him? totally lost the plot!

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was bad but not a forceful challenge to warrant a red. Their player’s reaction made it look like a horror challenge, but he was up and running again 30 seconds later when he should have left the field when the physio came on. Bizarre from the ref as he then forced Barkhuizen off 5 minutes later when Derby’s physio came on for less time.

Their player was Luke Thomas, came through our academy. Trying his best to wind up all the players he knew. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

The disquieting thing in Rosenior's Radio Derby interview was that he's making decisions based on reputation. Paraphrasing, it was something like:

What can I do? Sibley deserved his chance and took it and played well, but the problem is I have Korey Smith sitting on the bench and he's one of the best midfielders in the league, so I had to bring him on. 

This is all wrong and you got the feeling Rosenior might have realized it was an error of judgement. He got away with it. Hopefully he'll learn from it.

Perhaps Rosenior's opinion really is that Korey Smith IS one of the best midfielders in the league, and that a run-out when we are ahead, and finishing on the winning side, will be a boost to his confidence?

Game of two halves as the old cliche goes. Encouraging signs in the first half and Hourihane is a class act. The team will get better and fitness levels will improve. As for Collins, he’s getting in the right positions and will start to convert his chances sooner than later. The important thing is we stick behind every single player who wears the shirt.???

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Their player was Luke Thomas, came through our academy. Trying his best to wind up all the players he knew. 

I thought we signed him from Cheltenham when he was at youth level, anyway I think that his overplaying it may have saved Cashin, it was obvious that he wasn't badly injured and was trying to get Cashin sent off.

Regarding performances dying away in the second half, it's just our luck that we are going into a series of games played in record temperatures with a team behind on training, just the perfect conditions needing full fitness. As fitness levels rise and temperatures fall, I would like to think that we will last better.

Just now, ram59 said:

I thought we signed him from Cheltenham when he was at youth level, anyway I think that his overplaying it may have saved Cashin, it was obvious that he wasn't badly injured and was trying to get Cashin sent off.

Regarding performances dying away in the second half, it's just our luck that we are going into a series of games played in record temperatures with a team behind on training, just the perfect conditions needing full fitness. As fitness levels rise and temperatures fall, I would like to think that we will last better.

We did, he played in the academy alongside our academy players. ?‍♀️