Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Thought he was immense today

Arguably his best performance in a Derby shirt, was good aggressively, was good on the cover, showed PACE(?!) and was decent with the ball

After his injury last season and his age I thought he’d struggle this season……..however he’s been immense.

Top man!

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Confirmed he wants to stay but can't say for sure what will happen without the takeover happening

Yep, beat me to it - I posted the video as I was watching it.

Hopefully CD will stick around like last season and wait until there is a contract available to sign and carry on playing for  us.  He's the kinda guy you want around the club long after hes finished playing.

37 years old, suffered a serious injury last season, wasn't even signed until the day before the first game, and he's gone on to play every single second of the Championship campaign while hardly putting a foot wrong. That's quite incredible, really. I've always liked Curtis, but he's firmly elevated himself into the Derby legend camp now.

He's got to be one of the most respected players in the game today. Fans of every club he's played at give him a great reception when he plays against them, that shows what a committed, honest player he's always been.

I thought his career was pretty much over when he had that bad knee injury, but if anything he's been better than ever.

What a player, what a man.

Great interview with Curtis (posted above). He wants to stay, but obviously needs a contract offer.

Love the bit in the interview where he talks about starting his career with a promotion from League 1 and what a story it would be to end his career on a similar note! #COYR

There was also a snippet on Radio Derby the other day (interviewed at the 50 year celebration of us winning the league) where he said that Derby is now 'his club' and 'will continue to be his club' whatever the future holds.

Which is nice.

Edited by Coconut's Beard