Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@DarkFruitsRam7 surely easier to rename the thread. 

@Ghost of Clough apologies, my intention was not to mislead, it didn't occur to me that people would read the thread and get excited. I just didn't want to start a new thread.

A lot of people would go straight to the first post saying he's signed and get excited.

I get the impression he’s quite settled in the area, so doubt that he’d want to uproot to Bristol if there was a more local option.

(Does not mean there wont be a more local option which could be attractive)

If it we’re me an interesting final project would need to involve a team with chance of promotion (from champ or L1) rather than a mid table bumble for a few extra k per week.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

Maybe the choice won't be with Curtis.

Maybe Rooney is putting together a younger team.

Maybe the centre backs will be Flint, Cashin and Buchanan.

tin-foil-hat-nervous.gif.72a8571b871ddf6ffc1913c2ffb058eb.gif

Yeah, I think he'll want Curtis too. Just playing devil's advocate.

Edited by IslandExile
Puts tin hat on

33 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Curtis is going nowhere and will take the reins at Derby once Wazza's contract expires. 

No need to thank me. You're welcome ?

He has stated a number of times he would rather move into TV work than coaching.

6 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

He has stated a number of times he would rather move into TV work than coaching.

Yes but he's also doing his coaching badges according to Rooney, so its not beyond the realms of possibility that he does end up in coaching

• 2 weeks later...

Opened contract talks with Davies, according to Nixon’s Patreon.

Hoping to get an agreement next week.

Bristol City and Hull still both keen to sign him but it’s expected we’ll be allowed to sign players in the next few days when the takeover is finalised.

Contact has also been made with existing members of the squad and new players as we look to add and improve to key areas.

Why would he even bother to go anywhere else unless we can't offer him anything? 

He's got nothing to prove to anyone, he doesn't need one final megabucks contract nor will he get one at 37. 

In his own words we're his club now. What really is there for him elsewhere?  Why bother uprooting his family or spending another year commuting further away from them?