Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Says he hasn't trained yet as wasn't well last week and a deal still isn't done but confident they can make it work ?‍♂️

He might be keeping it a secret as he doesn’t want to ruin the announcement 

While listening to him talk on the radio and what he was saying was giving my concerns that he may not be here for the coming season. Hopefully I'm wrong, that any concerns is down to my natural pessimism and we will see him signing a new contract with us on Monday.

Always good to hear from Curtis, he speaks so well. He seems to really love the club and want to stay here, which is amazing since I’m sure he could easily get a Championship contract. It’ll just be a case of negotiating a contract which works well for both us and him. I’m sure he’ll sign a 1 year deal very soon.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Always good to hear from Curtis, he speaks so well. He seems to really love the club and want to stay here, which is amazing since I’m sure he could easily get a Championship contract. It’ll just be a case of negotiating a contract which works well for both us and him. I’m sure he’ll sign a 1 year deal very soon.

I wonder if the sticking point is that he may want a +1 year option included, if he hits X number of games this season?

Edited by Carnero

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

While listening to him talk on the radio and what he was saying was giving my concerns that he may not be here for the coming season. Hopefully I'm wrong, that any concerns is down to my natural pessimism and we will see him signing a new contract with us on Monday.

I read as has other offers, if we can match he'll stay. Doesn't want to have loyalty taken advantage of for a second season.

I'm pretty sure it'll get done.