Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

56 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Hope Curtis stays at the club. In whatever capacity. Player coach maybe. He has a wealth of experience to pass on to our younger players. Just watched his interview on rams tv. Honest interview.

Prefer to keep him rather than Rooney and co

All credit to Curtis, he could always have not cared, like many are suggesting about our players.

But it's impossible to say that when you hear interviews like that one. Note he said how elated the young players are to still be in this league, he knows how hard it's been for them too.

Sign on for another 12 months Curtis we need you. #COYR

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Great guy to have around the club. I hope Derby offer him a coaching position this summer. 

Can't do any worse than the current ones, on the strength of this season.

19 minutes ago, Kinder said:

What a warrior. He actually lives behind me. I could hedge hop through one garden and be standing outside his window, showing him my appreciation.

Go! Go! Go!

Just don't lick the window!

Just now, derbydaz22 said:

Great pro he really cares I just wish he was 5 years younger,I would give him a player coach role but it would be on much reduced terms. ???

Trouble is, if he was 5 years younger he probably wouldn’t be anywhere near Derby. We’re very lucky to have him here but we only have the chance because he’s in the twilight of his career.

I was impressed by Curtis after the joiners debacle. He just stepped back in after a period of being sidelined & brought a real calmness when it was sorely needed.

Then today, talk about selfless; he could have risked serious injury but chose Derby over that.

I don’t think Rooney, the club or us will, or should forget what he’s done for us.

Definitely give him a new contract. He’s the sort of character we need. 

Curtis Davis deserves to see and hear a full Pride Park’s appreciation of him after his heroics today. Yeah he was only on the pitch 10 or so minutes but defying medical advice and signing a waver so he could contribute to ensuring the club’s survival in the league...selfless and committed to the cause. Great bloke. ?

No room for sentiment in football. He’s got to add to the team and needs to be on the right terms. Would love him to stay but had to be right.

But what a leader, he will be a success in whatever he does. He’s doing very well with a media career, not surprising given he speaks so eloquently. But he’s doing his coaching badges. He loves football. I think he’ll end up as a manager and a good one at that. 

I’ve just seen his interview, fantastic attitude and clearly cares about Derby. I for one would love him to be around next season in some capacity, he’s a natural leader and I feel he would really benefit the younger players with his experience in a possible coaching role.