Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

I posted elsewhere that Curtis confirmed he was in talks about a new deal on Friday, though he hasn't started preseason training yet as he's been ill.

"I went in on Friday to have a discussion regarding my new deal and that's where we're at. We've had a discussion, yes it is a further discussion to be had, but I'm hopeful we can get something sorted."

From https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/curtis-davies-makes-liam-rosenior-7287312

44 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I posted elsewhere that Curtis confirmed he was in talks about a new deal on Friday, though he hasn't started preseason training yet as he's been ill.

"I went in on Friday to have a discussion regarding my new deal and that's where we're at. We've had a discussion, yes it is a further discussion to be had, but I'm hopeful we can get something sorted."

From https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/curtis-davies-makes-liam-rosenior-7287312

Interesting this stuff about Curtis and Liam.  Maybe Curtis really is saying: “I want you to appoint Liam permanently.” Can imagine they got pretty close when Liam was Rooney’s ‘defensive coach’ 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Interesting this stuff about Curtis and Liam.  Maybe Curtis really is saying: “I want you to appoint Liam permanently.” Can imagine they got pretty close when Liam was Rooney’s ‘defensive coach’ 

Getting people under contract is the current priority and Liam is under contract

On 03/07/2022 at 00:25, nogbad van 50 said:

Error from me,I should have checked official site first but I’m hearing he’s certain to sign.

Lol, I just wish he’d get on with it. Wife is going to kill me if I spend anymore time “just checking” 

Davies has said he plans to carry on playing for a while. He’s said he feels he’s got 2/3 seasons in him. Clearly major injury’s permitting I can see him being in pro football until he’s 40+. Generally speaking he hasn’t had many major injuries in his career. 

Edited by DCFC27

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Davies has said he plans to carry on playing for a while. He’s said he feels he’s got 2/3 seasons in him. Clearly major injury’s permitting I can see him being in pro football until he’s 40+. Generally speaking he hasn’t had many major injuries in his career. 

I thought he had said this would be his last one?

On 03/07/2022 at 15:03, Rammy03 said:

I expect a deal to get sorted. He clearly wants to be here and I'm sure the club will value that.

Could be that Curtis wants a 2 year deal.He is worth keeping around just in case it doesn’t work out for Rosenior. If we are not in the top 6 at Xmas  some fans will be calling for a change and Curtis would have a lot of backing for the job.