Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I thought he was done after the latest serious injury. To get one in his age and it's usually game over. What an athlete, what a pro... And a leap like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Stearman deserves a game, so let Curt start up front with CKR... We need both our most potential scoring threats up there!?

It wouldn’t be the first time we played a centre half up front as I’m sure a few on here will remember ?

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

It wouldn’t be the first time we played a centre half up front as I’m sure a few on here will remember ?

Remember that time Nigel Clough played Dean Moxey as a centre forward?

Or that time he subbed Saul Deeney on in attack? (Think that one might have been in a friendly, or it never really happened even though I'm convinced it did!)

Was it Matt Carbon who started up front against Blackburn with Paul Simpson many moons ago (think it was the first match of the season... but can't remember what season... and I might be wrong about that, the player and the opposition... but other than that, I'm completely on the ball!)?

23 hours ago, RedSox said:

Still got a way to go to eclipse a certain Roy Mac though!  Mind you, he's doing a bloody good job of trying to.  Long may it last!

Yeah, for those fortunate enough to see Roy play, he'll always be nr. 1. Good enough to play almost anywhere. 

I think Clough did actually play him upfront from the start in a home game against Blackpool, season 1970-71, 2-0 home win, Mac even scored. I think we played 4-4-2 that day, with Zak on the right because Blackpool were stuck on the bottom of the table. 

Maybe someone could confirm I didn't dream that?! 

There have been many CBs that have switched to strikers over the years and with plenty of success. Paul Warhurst became a deadly striker in the 90s for Sheffield Wednesday, and I believe Steve Walsh did something similar for Leicester. Craig Short often played up from for Notts County before signing for us.

53 minutes ago, richinspain said:

There have been many CBs that have switched to strikers over the years and with plenty of success. Paul Warhurst became a deadly striker in the 90s for Sheffield Wednesday, and I believe Steve Walsh did something similar for Leicester. Craig Short often played up from for Notts County before signing for us.

Didn’t Rob Hulse go the other way at some point?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I could tell with the way he marked Steve Bull on an annual basis.

That condescending twit Chris Sutton as well

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, for those fortunate enough to see Roy play, he'll always be nr. 1. Good enough to play almost anywhere. 

I think Clough did actually play him upfront from the start in a home game against Blackpool, season 1970-71, 2-0 home win, Mac even scored. I think we played 4-4-2 that day, with Zak on the right because Blackpool were stuck on the bottom of the table. 

Maybe someone could confirm I didn't dream that?! 

Can't remember that level of detail, but I was there. ST holder since '67.  Oh, those halcyon days.  Sadly, I won't see them again in my lifetime, but my son might!! COYR.