The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

The whole squad wanting to stay is brilliant, I suppose the reality is how much truth there is to this and whether or not they actually can and do stay.

If the takeover happens and we really are able to keep the majority of the side together, then add a handful of cheap but quality additions we would be well placed to bounce straight back up. 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61190815

COYR and get them signed up CK.

What does it mean, the whole squad wants to stay ? No ifs, buts or maybes? I don’t suppose many of them are inclined to tell Rooney they are intent on leaving,  but as others have said the money will be a big factor in the end 

40 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh of course. Lawrence, Roos and Byrne all have their contracts expiring and al on high wages. So they need to take big pay cut to stay.  

Do you really think Roos is on much money? He's always been a second choice goalie, it seems doubtful he'd be on a lot. 

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

What does it mean, the whole squad wants to stay ? No ifs, buts or maybes? I don’t suppose many of them are inclined to tell Rooney they are intent on leaving,  but as others have said the money will be a big factor in the end 

There’s so much in a statement like that. Having seen the ticker tape head line it fills you with pride.

All those thoughts of loyalty, a shared experience that has undoubtedly been there come to the fore.
A desire for that huge adrenaline high you get from working with guys who you know work for you, all with a common goal. It’s called a team and it’s magical. We all experience it (if we are lucky) at some point in our lives. There isn’t much that can touch it. I feel great just reading about it. It cements the truth of what we have seen in the ground as the season unfolded.

Reality does kick in though. People have hopes dreams aspirations .. So maybe 4 grand a week sounds good to most of us but if you get offered twice that and a chance at the big time where world names play ? It all depends what you are .. At 60 something I can see more joy, sense and satisfaction by sticking with it .. As a young man full of power and dreams, the nobility and joy of sticking around wouldn’t be anything like as strong.

.. If you go,  I say good luck, and thanks for the memories.

If you stay … you’ve just earned your first chip in the legend stakes .. You might have been a stat in the employees book but by not walking away,  generations might just remember and revere you long after you are gone. I won’t forget this season or this team. Special moment in my sporting life.