The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think we'll ever agree on whether players will leave or not, as everyone's views co-incide with their own thought processes, mine included! 

I think a fair few will stay, because that's what I'd do.

But I also think a fair few will go, because that's what other people would do.

Have I any idea who's who? Probably not!

That cleared that up then ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Curtis.

To be honest I'd like to think out of everyone Rooney would stay even if more lucrative offers came which might have done earlier, he's already loaded whereas Curtis could possibly be tempted with a player/coaching role elsewhere unless the opportunity arises at derby and hopefully it does

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Meaningless platitudes. Of course none of the squad will say they want to leave  - who in their right minds would openly admit that - until their agents have sourced them a more attractive gig somewhere else - then they will be unable to turn down the once in a lifetime offer of playing for Barnsley. 

Twice.

If it was purely for financial reasons, I could see Lawrence, Bielik, Buchanan, Byrne and Knight getting more money if they left. The average wage for a lower end Championship club is about the same as a top end League One club, and I can't see any mid-table or above Championship clubs wanting any of our players, (apart from the above mentioned). I don't think Davies, Stearman, Morrison, Bird, Forsyth or Roos would gain financially from leaving. (if Roos is on £16k, he won't be offered that again by anyone).

image.thumb.png.51743e7a9282024897619d794eff301c.png

Most of the top League One teams have about 3/4 players on about £8k-£11k 

image.thumb.png.0c94c01e86ca330a83a7dfe8dda44570.png

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Kirchner is hoping to be paying the bills from 7th May. Although we can't offer contracts officially I imagine Rooney can show those he wants to stay the type of contract he can offer. 

I'm sure Chris Kirchner stated he was going to ask the EFL if Derby could get contracts offered before the official takeover.

6 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I'm sure Chris Kirchner stated he was going to ask the EFL if Derby could get contracts offered before the official takeover.

Can't see the EFL agreeing to that. They already look to many football fans to be a totally inept organisation devoid of leadership and direction so they would appear even worse if they agreed to us offering contracts only to see a potential takeover fail (though I don't think that will happen).

25 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If it was purely for financial reasons, I could see Lawrence, Bielik, Buchanan, Byrne and Knight getting more money if they left. The average wage for a lower end Championship club is about the same as a top end League One club, and I can't see any mid-table or above Championship clubs wanting any of our players, (apart from the above mentioned). I don't think Davies, Stearman, Morrison, Bird, Forsyth or Roos would gain financially from leaving. (if Roos is on £16k, he won't be offered that again by anyone).

Our second choice keeper on that wage is everything what's wrong with our handling of contracts, absolutely crazy

32 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Is that the same Danny Graham who played for us and couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo 

18 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Can't see the EFL agreeing to that. They already look to many football fans to be a totally inept organisation devoid of leadership and direction so they would appear even worse if they agreed to us offering contracts only to see a potential takeover fail (though I don't think that will happen).

The EFL rules allow Derby to remain in administration until next March. They can't have that rule whilst also saying we aren't allowed to sign anyone.

Logic says there has to be certain requirements met to allow us to extend current contracts or be able to sign replacements

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Bobby duncan on £2700 more a week than cashin! , what a deal that loss of £400k was 

12 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

To be honest I'd like to think out of everyone Rooney would stay even if more lucrative offers came which might have done earlier, he's already loaded whereas Curtis could possibly be tempted with a player/coaching role elsewhere unless the opportunity arises at derby and hopefully it does

Just now Rooney is motivated by getting his managerial career off the ground,  not by money (I would think). He has the network and pulling power to assemble a squad that should be a major force in div 1. A return to the championship should be an easier gig than say getting a relegated Everton back to the top flight. And all the while with us he’s learning about management 

what’s more, Stretford is in cahoots with CK so I’d think Rooney jumping ship (if CK takes over) is unthinkable. People have been talking about MM ‘pulling the strings’ in the PB process. Surprising no one has been suggesting it’s Rooney and Stretford