The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Strange, because on the Administrators Progress Report I can't see any payments is respect of transfer fees. 

It is strange then, because the EFL had non-payment of t/f fees due as a breach before Xmas, but that was subsequently removed. Perhaps the due dates were put back by agreement with the clubs involved? 

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

It's not all about money either. You couldn't blame anyone wanting to play at a higher level.

Football careers are short.

I wouldn't be annoyed at anyone leaving. I think we should all be grateful for their fantastic efforts this season. None of them owe us anything.

Ebosele...I'm staying at Derby County, Ebosele signs a pre contract with Udinese, Ebosele is dropped for having the wrong attitude.

Agents and money are by far the biggest factor, Lawrence imo isn't a "great" player he's decent on the day against half decent players, Morrison has the ability to play at a higher level, If he could produce on a regular basis he could do well in the Premier League, Bielik has it in him, But injuries have hampered his career, If he moves on it's a gamble for who ever buys him.
Cashin, Knight, Ebiowei, Thompson, Sibley, Bird  have huge potential but the vultures are hovering, Allsop has improved greatly since a very nervous start, Byrne could easily play at the higher end of the Championship, Buchanan I've yet to work him out, Very good one game poor the next, Same bracket as Lawrence, Stearman steady and a plus, Roos, Davies, Forsyth will either be bit part players or moved on.

Would like very much all the above to stay...But!

If we can keep the spine of the team such as Allsop (who I've started calling Allstop) Cashin, Davies, Bird, Knight, Ravel and Thompson then I'd be very happy with that. I imagine Bielik, Lawrence and Buchanan will all leave for championship sides and I can't fault them at all. Hopefully, despite the mess they've seen what a special club we are and give us a chance to bounce right back up. If this is the reaction to relegation then surely they'll be wondering what it is like on a promotion charge... 

It's not all about money either. You couldn't blame anyone wanting to play at a higher level.

I wouldn't be annoyed at anyone leaving. I think we should all be grateful for their fantastic efforts this season. None of them owe us anything.

Couldn't agree more.  I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving to play at a higher level. That and the temptation of more money will be there for sure.  But this season Rooney (and I think LR too deserves credit) have instilled such a team / family spirit that people want to stay.  I hope most do. 

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes and that being stated and the positive bond between everyone this season will help us sign players who are perhaps wavering over the terms offered. 

Wayne has stated that he cannot yet offer terms to anyone. But Other clubs have already put written offers in front of our , out of contract , players.

Exactly re the money, for example Tom has had his well-publicised issues but Derby have backed him and in Rooney he has found someone perhaps who understands him due to his own experiences. Same with Ravel.  
I dont think Rooney will be sentimental though and I think one of the CK tweets mentioned something along the lines of those Rooney wants to stay. They wont all be here on Day 1 next season but I think the majority perhaps will. That's why Rooney staying has always been so key to everything and us being so positive and supportive has made such a huge difference. I feel optimistic for the first time in a very long time

11 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Would be great but wouldn't be surprised if one or two aren't tempted away by money.  

I agree. Maybe I’m a little cynical but I doubt any of them would have actually said they want to leave if they were asked either individually or as a group (peer pressure coming into play). 

I’m not saying I’d blame them but some are probably having different conversations with their agents especially if they’re told there is a championship or premier league club interested.

28 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

I'm in agreement.  If you have serious money why not pay it off it one go.  You're just hampering yourself with further payments down the line.

Not necessarily, with high inflation there is a benefit to pay it over a longer period and in the meantime ‘invest’ the money elsewhere for a better return.

Edited by Shadowplay

14 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

There should be no reason why we cannot renew contracts once Kirchner's plan is approved by EFL. We have proof of funding as Kirchner has said he will fund us after 7 May. 

Quite correct there is no problem in offering players an official pre contract to run from 1st July we will then see how many players are serious about staying,players who Wayne wants to keep are contracted until the 30th June anyway so lets get the takeover done and dusted so we can move forward

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

It is strange then, because the EFL had non-payment of t/f fees due as a breach before Xmas, but that was subsequently removed. Perhaps the due dates were put back by agreement with the clubs involved? 

I seem to remember reading that the EFL had used all our held back live Sky money to pay directly towards the transfer fee instalments that became due in January - hence why it disappeared - plus didn't Arsenal defer the instalment on Bielik ?

I know we owe money on players, as we pay in instalments, but have we received all instalments for Bogle & Lowe from Sheff Utd ?

Edited by SamUltraRam