The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh of course. Lawrence, Roos and Byrne all have their contracts expiring and al on high wages. So they need to take big pay cut to stay.  

Byrne won't be on much, Lawrence will be on a fair bit though

14 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Would be great but wouldn't be surprised if one or two aren't tempted away by money.  

It's not all about money either. You couldn't blame anyone wanting to play at a higher level.

Football careers are short.

I wouldn't be annoyed at anyone leaving. I think we should all be grateful for their fantastic efforts this season. None of them owe us anything.

Its easy to be cynical and scoff at the idea that the players want to stay but the evidence we've witnessed is that they have fought for each other and the manager, in the face of extraordinary obstacles, to such an extent that they have formed a bond.

From Curtis Davies to whoever is youngest, from the staff to the tea ladies, they have given their all for DCFC under Wayne Rooney, a "band of brothers" mentality has developed. We have seen it every game and responded with our own buy in. Never has the match day support been so forgiving. 

A player makes an error and we get behind him.

We concede a goal and sing even louder.

Not many of the older players will have witnessed support like this season and I'm sure the younger lads will hear that from them and they probably feel part of something special anyway. 

Inevitably some will leave, no doubt about it, but the offers will have to be decent and not just a bob or two above what they can expect here.

To those who are a bit cynical about it then you haven't stopped behind after the final whistle to share the love with the players - win or lose - its been unreal.

The South Stand is as loud 10 minutes after the final whistle as it has been during the match.

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Or perhaps kircher will settle this part of the debt in full.

I’d li’e to think so, but I think he’s struggling to pay 35p in the pound to normal creditors, so I doubt he’d be able to settle all outstanding transfer debts.

When the dust settles in a week or so, the details will be agreed between clubs, agents and players. Several players turned down moves to promotion chasing  clubs in January Buchanan, Sibley, Lawrence etc. They will be pissed off and move on in the summer imo! We’ve done brilliantly but it will alert players agents and other clubs that those players are good enough for championship etc.

7 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

When the dust settles in a week or so, the details will be agreed between clubs, agents and players. Several players turned down moves to promotion chasing  clubs in January Buchanan, Sibley, Lawrence etc. They will be pissed off and move on in the summer imo! We’ve done brilliantly but it will alert players agents and other clubs that those players are good enough for championship etc.

Que sera sera.

45 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’d li’e to think so, but I think he’s struggling to pay 35p in the pound to normal creditors, so I doubt he’d be able to settle all outstanding transfer debts.

Well tell me how much is 35p the pound of 4m I think about 3n i think not huge figure to find is it.

54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If we do still owe an amount for Bielik, I sn’t it classed as a football debt and as such has to be paid in full? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

According to the EFL Embargo Reporting Service, we're not in default of any transfer payments, so any "debt" remaining is not overdue debt. I assume therefore that the club will pay those debts as they become due and they won't need to be paid immediately on the takeover completion date. 

Strange, because on the Administrators Progress Report I can't see any payments is respect of transfer fees.