The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

If we can keep the spine of the team such as Allsop (who I've started calling Allstop) Cashin, Davies, Bird, Knight, Ravel and Thompson then I'd be very happy with that. I imagine Bielik, Lawrence and Buchanan will all leave for championship sides 

What makes you think Knight will stay? 

18 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got a feeling Fozzy is for the chop due to his lack of game time. The same with Sibley , who could bring in funds to re- build.

We may need Sibley though, Lawrence will surely leave because we can’t offer him anywhere near the salary that he is currently on and will be offered elsewhere.

We are better off selling a player who will generate more money which will minimise further sales, Knight for me is that player unfortunately. 

I'd love all these players to stay but lets face it, the reality is this :

• Contracts will end on 30 June (I think) and players will go on holiday after our last game in May so will stop training together
  • Whilst they are away they will rely on their agents to make sure that they have a salary from 1st July & if Derby haven't been taken over they will understandably worry. Plus their agents won't care about Derby, they'll have a chance of a cut of a signing on fee elsewhere
  • Next season starts incredibly early due to the World Cup - 30 July - so players will need to be training again by the end of June

Remember when Rooney was told by the administrators that no players will be leaving in January - & then several left

In the meantime, the hope is that CK will convince them that the takeover will definitely happen but if it was you and you were offered a 3 year contract elsewhere starting 1 July or you could wait on the off chance that Derby can give you a contract, for a yet to be determined salary, what would you do ?

This takeover needs to happen fast. Each week that passes, even each day that passes, increases the risk that a player will leave

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree. Maybe I’m a little cynical but I doubt any of them would have actually said they want to leave if they were asked either individually or as a group (peer pressure coming into play). 

I’m not saying I’d blame them but some are probably having different conversations with their agents especially if they’re told there is a championship or premier league club interested.

If I'd written that post you'd be all over it, calling me out for negativity etc 

But this is the likeliest scenario. The unspoken bit is it's OK players saying that they want to stay but they omit the bit about "as long as the contract works for me". 

51 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Which players will Rooney not want to keep?

Off the top of my hat 

Hutchinson and CKR as CKR has to many injuries and won’t want to be a sub at best and we need to improve in that department greatly as we need two 20 goal a season forwards in league one 

Watson maybe because it’s hard finding a slot in Derby central midfield 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Meaningless platitudes. Of course none of the squad will say they want to leave  - who in their right minds would openly admit that - until their agents have sourced them a more attractive gig somewhere else - then they will be unable to turn down the once in a lifetime offer of playing for Barnsley. 

It must be a lonely place where your thought processes reside 

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If I'd written that post you'd be all over it, calling me out for negativity etc 

But this is the likeliest scenario. The unspoken bit is it's OK players saying that they want to stay but they omit the bit about "as long as the contract works for me". 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It must be a lonely place where your thought processes reside 

Must be just me then 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

I wrote something similar in response to B4 when he originally broke the Bielik saying that he wanted to stay. 

Tamworth jumped on me then but seems to have seen the Moodhoover light.... ?

Yes being jumped on seems to be the refrain of the day, now my mental faculties are being questioned, didn't realise there were so many professional psychologists residing on this forum @Sparkle

It’s good to have some positive news the past couple of weeks. Still lots of uncertainty, but at least we can look ahead with some hope.

In terms of contracts, there’s a number of players who have had (reported) large wages far too high for a league 1 team. Big reductions would be needed for them to stay around. There’s also players who are probably too good for that level and should be getting offers from Champ teams.

The one saving grace is that there appears to be a high number of players across the leagues out of contract this Summer. It means players aren’t going to get huge offers, so more opportunity for Wayne and the team to get players in.

My hope is that CK continues moving the takeover closer. I think I read that he can start sorting contracts before the process is complete, when he takes over paying the running costs. Pretty sure he said as much, that’s when Wayne can start giving new contracts to our players anyway. Should mean we have a squad of players for preseason training early July…

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Paying it over 3 years?

2 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

I'm in agreement.  If you have serious money why not pay it off it one go.  You're just hampering yourself with further payments down the line.

Hasn’t he mentioned that it works out better to pay less up front and more further down the line due to the future value of money which is set to be a hell of a lot less based on 6/7% inflation. 

I don't think we'll ever agree on whether players will leave or not, as everyone's views co-incide with their own thought processes, mine included! 

I think a fair few will stay, because that's what I'd do.

But I also think a fair few will go, because that's what other people would do.

Have I any idea who's who? Probably not!

52 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I seem to remember reading that the EFL had used all our held back live Sky money to pay directly towards the transfer fee instalments that became due in January - hence why it disappeared - plus didn't Arsenal defer the instalment on Bielik ?

I know we owe money on players, as we pay in instalments, but have we received all instalments for Bogle & Lowe from Sheff Utd ?

Good points. I haven't had chance to study the administrators report yet, but on the basis that no-one who has done so has answered these questions, or even raised them, I'd assume that only the EFL, Quantuma and the parties involved know. Perhaps the EFL are acting as a Factor for payments between DCFC and other clubs on those pre-administration transfers and holding the funds in Escrow? I've not head this implied in relation to any other football administrations, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that it's a new principle that has entirely coincidentally been enacted last summer. 

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Paying it over 3 years?

2 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

I'm in agreement.  If you have serious money why not pay it off it one go.  You're just hampering yourself with further payments down the line.

Isn't it because paying 25% now, it all has to come from the buyer.

Whereas 35% over 3 years can be paid by the club - as an ongoing expense.

So cheaper/easier for the buyer.

47 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

True but admit it, you enjoy (and seek) the attention. ?