The whole squad wants to stay.

hintonsboots

22 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

I'm in agreement.  If you have serious money why not pay it off it one go.  You're just hampering yourself with further payments down the line.

If on offer I take zero percent interest options to pay things over a period and keep the money in my bank earning me interest despite being in the fortunate position i could pay cash, the numbers we are talking here are such that keeping the money and investing at a level he's done in the past to make his fortune is probably more appealing to CK than paying it out in 1 go, doesn't mean he can't. 

From my very subjective research at the Supporters Club event last night, ? I think Lawrence, Ebiowei, Knight will go, possibly Sibley - seems genuinely upset he is not getting more pitch time. Kazim already gone in his head, didn't even bother to do the meet and greet bit of the evening. Whereas Plange and Ebosele really enjoyed themselves! 

Morrison struggled to cope with being in a room with us all but seemed to appreciate the love.

Bielik is either a good liar or definitely wants to stay. He is such a good conversationalist, as are Ryan Allsop and Nathan Byrne - he seems keen to stay too, says he loves it here, but will surely get offers from Championship clubs.

All the rest of the young lads seem to want to stay, they love us fans. Let's see if they change their minds when the offers come in.

Cybulski was so excited to start but knew he needs to improve, says he wants to stay his whole career, which will no doubt thrill you cynics over in the matchday thread. ?

Wayne did comment in one of his speeches (he made several) that we need to be patient over the next couple of games as he will continue to be looking at potential within the squad for next season.  He didn't sound like he was going anywhere. ?

12 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If it was purely for financial reasons, I could see Lawrence, Bielik, Buchanan, Byrne and Knight getting more money if they left. The average wage for a lower end Championship club is about the same as a top end League One club, and I can't see any mid-table or above Championship clubs wanting any of our players, (apart from the above mentioned). I don't think Davies, Stearman, Morrison, Bird, Forsyth or Roos would gain financially from leaving. (if Roos is on £16k, he won't be offered that again by anyone).

image.thumb.png.51743e7a9282024897619d794eff301c.png

Most of the top League One teams have about 3/4 players on about £8k-£11k 

image.thumb.png.0c94c01e86ca330a83a7dfe8dda44570.png

Where do these numbers come from? As we know they are incorrect for those that signed last summer as they are capped at £4500...... and you believe the rest?

Why anyone believes these lists when they haven't been published by the relevant players or clubs I don't know, pure speculation  delivered as fact yet again.

2 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

If on offer I take zero percent interest options to pay things over a period and keep the money in my bank earning me interest despite being in the fortunate position i could pay cash, the numbers we are talking here are such that keeping the money and investing at a level he's done in the past to make his fortune is probably more appealing to CK than paying it out in 1 go, doesn't mean he can't. 

Heck, that was a tough read. Can you add some punctuation next time please? ?

It’s a valid point although the interest you must be earning right now isn’t really worth the effort.

As for CK, maybe I’m missing something but, isn’t the principle behind making some of the creditors repayments in future years that it could be paid out of the clubs future income rather than CK’s pocket now? Maybe the business plan says he’ll pay 25% now and the club, out of future income, will pay the remaining 10% over the next 3 years (but he’ll step in again if there isn’t sufficient surplus) rather than he’ll inject 25% now and then another 10% over three years. 

I suspect it’s unlikely we’ll be turning a significant profit (or profit of any sort in L1) but you never know and it would avoid CK having to commit at this stage to paying the extra himself.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

From my very subjective research at the Supporters Club event last night, ? I think Lawrence, Ebiowei, Knight will go, possibly Sibley - seems genuinely upset he is not getting more pitch time. Kazim already gone in his head, didn't even bother to do the meet and greet bit of the evening. Whereas Plange and Ebosele really enjoyed themselves! 

Morrison struggled to cope with being in a room with us all but seemed to appreciate the love.

Bielik is either a good liar or definitely wants to stay. He is such a good conversationalist, as are Ryan Allsop and Nathan Byrne - he seems keen to stay too, says he loves it here, but will surely get offers from Championship clubs.

All the rest of the young lads seem to want to stay, they love us fans. Let's see if they change their minds when the offers come in.

Cybulski was so excited to start but knew he needs to improve, says he wants to stay his whole career, which will no doubt thrill you cynics over in the matchday thread. ?

Wayne did comment in one of his speeches (he made several) that we need to be patient over the next couple of games as he will continue to be looking at potential within the squad for next season.  He didn't sound like he was going anywhere. ?

Sounds a good event. Is your research from chatting to players yourself, chatting to other fans who had chatted to players, just thoughts of other fans generally or are you a body language expert? Re Sibley do you think he will ask to go because of game time? Actually think a season in div 1, assuming he plays, would do him good

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Sounds a good event. Is your research from chatting to players yourself, chatting to other fans who had chatted to players, just thoughts of other fans generally or are you a body language expert? Re Sibley do you think he will ask to go because of game time? Actually think a season in div 1, assuming he plays, would do him good

From chatting to them myself and meant to be very light-hearted! 

Lawrence, for example, started making excuses about next season when I hadn't even asked him! 

Sibbo just seemed less bubbly than he used to be and didn't seem sure from what he said he would get more game time. 

I only posted about players I had a chat with. Didn't catch Fozzy, Davies, Cash, Bird, Watson, Richards and a few others. 

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks for the insight it’s appreciated. Unfortunately it’s pretty upsetting if all of your predictions are correct. 

Especially Ebiowei who has only played for 1/4 of the season and who under normal circumstances wouldn’t have even been in the first team this season. For him to get his chance in the limelight and split when the light is at the end of the tunnel is disappointing. 

Lawrence is a big earner so that make sense and Knight is being courted by a handful of clubs so also makes sense. 

Sibley also disappointing but can totally appreciate his point of view. Rooney doesn’t seem to rate him at all.

14 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Thanks for the insight it’s appreciated. Unfortunately it’s pretty upsetting if all of your predictions are correct. 

Especially Ebiowei who has only played for 1/4 of the season and who under normal circumstances wouldn’t have even been in the first team this season. For him to get his chance in the limelight and split when the light is at the end of the tunnel is disappointing. 

Lawrence is a big earner so that make sense and Knight is being courted by a handful of clubs so also makes sense. 

Sibley also disappointing but can totally appreciate his point of view. Rooney doesn’t seem to rate him at all.

Lawrence's wages need to come off the books and if we get some money from the sales of either Sibley or Knight to reinvest back into the team then this will be seen as a pragmatic approach, not sure about pretty upsetting though.

Ebiowei has been at a few clubs and only with us this season, I think? 

If he's getting offers from the likes of Palace and perhaps other PL clubs, it's not surprising that he's thinking seriously about leaving. It's what any of us would do if someone came along and offered us financial security and potential for huge career advancement at such a young age. Just pray that it turns out to be Palace and not Udineseford. 

One piece of advice though Malcolm, if you are leaving, please don't kiss the badge. 

43 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Ebiowei just enjoying life, hasn't been with us long so not got the attachment some might have.

I wouldn't say that's Sibley's point of view, more mine. He just seems to lack the confidence at the moment that was always such a big part of his game. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Ebiowei just enjoying life, hasn't been with us long so not got the attachment some might have.

I wouldn't say that's Sibley's point of view, more mine. He just seems to lack the confidence at the moment that was always such a big part of his game. 

It might just be me, but I thought he had a good half hour yesterday. I hope Rooney gives him a start in one of the last two games. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It wasn’t a Man U supporters club meeting was it ?We know now Max Bird is another one. We know Wazza loves Man U . I think if Sibley turns up to Oakwood in a Utd shirt he would get treated better. Sorry to be so glum but I will be gutted when Sibley blossoms at another club. Especially if it’s with Rowett at Millwall.

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It wasn’t a Man U supporters club meeting was it ?We know now Max Bird is another one. We know Wazza loves Man U . I think if Sibley turns up to Oakwood in a Utd shirt he would get treated better. Sorry to be so glum but I will be gutted when Sibley blossoms at another club. Especially if it’s with Rowett at Millwall.

My sentiments entirely.

Inside Sibley is a top footballer waiting to get out!

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Where do these numbers come from? As we know they are incorrect for those that signed last summer as they are capped at £4500...... and you believe the rest?

Why anyone believes these lists when they haven't been published by the relevant players or clubs I don't know, pure speculation  delivered as fact yet again.

I never said they were facts, but they give a general idea of highest earners etc. You've commented on it saying players on £4,700 should be on £4,500 because they were signed last summer. It's not a million miles away is it.

Sibley's biggest problem is Lawrence. They're both going for that same spot.

He needs a run in the team, and I think L1 would be ideal for him. Sibley and Morrison looked to have a nice understanding yesterday. Seemed to be on each other's wavelengths. Could be a great pairing with a physical scrapper in behind them and a good ol' fashioned no9 ahead of them.

But then, what do I know about being a football manager?

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Sibley's biggest problem is Lawrence. They're both going for that same spot.

He needs a run in the team, and I think L1 would be ideal for him. Sibley and Morrison looked to have a nice understanding yesterday. Seemed to be on each other's wavelengths. Could be a great pairing with a physical scrapper in behind them and a good ol' fashioned no9 ahead of them.

But then, what do I know about being a football manager?

Quote a lot, judging by those comments!