Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

Just now, Andicis said:

Curtis was pushing the striker as much as the striker was pushing him, the striker was just stronger, good forward play. I'd be furious if a Derby goal got ruled out for that. 

Yeah, too many soft free kicks given these days. I'd've expected Curtis to be stronger. Likewise, it wasn't really a foul on Ebosele at the start of the move. (Despite what Rooney is saying in the interview on Sky).

There was also the mistake, saving the throw in but giving them the ball.

We're just blaming the ref when it's our own fault. Not just the defending, we're just not creating chances.

I'm not knocking Rooney or the squad. They've been magnificent. But the squad is paper thin, they look exhausted and there just isn't the creativity there without Lawrence, Jozwiak or the players we could've bought without the embargo.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We're not very good. Plus we don't want to score goals. And Sky Sports is totally trolling us having Bradley Johnson as their Derby pundit. 

Think that's it for the season. And without an administrator update that might be it full stop. 

Brad's CKR's best mate, attends games whenever his schedule at Blackburn allows, and obviously still cares about the club. 

I don't see how having him as a pundit is trolling us.

The inexperience has shown a bit tonight but that can’t be a surprise, we knew the last 3rd of the season would be tough given the make up of the squad.  I think Festy went down a bit easily - I think the one on Curtis could easily have been given - and Ebiowei shouldn’t keep that in unless he can hit it 30 yards down the pitch.  But he’ll learn.  They’re just learning when it matters - not their fault, it’s the situation we’re in.

It’s tough to stay up, but it’s not over.  Rooney won’t give up and he won’t let anyone else!!

No one's giving up, but let's be realistic here. This season has been a physical slog, Nov to Feb really testing in this league. This side has won plaudits, but it is the month after the January window where we are now beginning to struggle. Yes, Lawrence was a big miss, but losing Jozwiak meant losing another option. We are asking Bielik to come into the midfield after a second major knee injury when the manager may have preferred to ease him in more.

This has been a bitterly disappointing period for us as fans, I could just about accept this miserable season (and likely relegation) if Quantuma could get their act together & announce a preferred bidder, or someone prepared to take us on. I'm not fooling myself that we will get promoted straightaway, but if we have someone like Mike Ashley, I'd be more confident that we would turn things around. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Curtis was pushing the striker as much as the striker was pushing him, the striker was just stronger, good forward play. I'd be furious if a Derby goal got ruled out for that. 

Sure the striker was stronger, but Curtis is a strong, tall and heavy CB, if it was one of the best CB’s in history like: Ramos, Cannavaro or even Terry, that situation would have looked like statuatory rape!

Can't fault the effort but we've left 3 points out there tonight.

Were much the better side throughout in terms of general play - controlled the ball & cut them open a number of times, especially right side. The problem was a familiar one though - lack of numbers in the box (wide players on receiving side particularly guilty), lack of urgency when on the ball & most maddening of all, a reluctance to actually take a shot on goal. In wet conditions like that, it shouldn't be rocket science to get as many shots off as possible - instead we had one header from Ravel as our sole shot on target with 64% of the ball. It's happening too often. The whole point of dominating the ball is to punish the opposition, it is not meant to be an end in itself.

Whilst its never over until mathematically so, the last 3 games have almost extinguished our hopes of a great escape. Three bang average sides who dug in, benefitted from our final third timidity & then nicked the points. Going to take a lot more than a win Saturday to get us back into this.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Dont put him on then he gave the ball away on the edge of the Cardiff penalty area and gave up chasing back and kept the ball in play for them to score…

We don't have any other attackers and Plange was struggling. What else could we do?

Re: the goal, the problem was the ref letting Izpeazu do an NFL hit on Davies a few minutes before. If he’s pulled back, booked or told he can’t do it again then he’s not pushing his luck against Davies.

Its not just that one build up in play, it was what the ref was letting them get away with before.

I'm sorry, but for all Rooney's bleating about the ref, the answer to tonight's defeat lies far closer to home. 

Bring Sibley on by all means, but for Morrison, not Knight! 

Ravel had a decent game, but as someone who hasn't had that much football recently he surely should have been the one to make way, giving Sibley the same position.

Knight having a 10 minute rest given his constitution was pointless, if he'd have been on the pitch that goal doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Brad's CKR's best mate, attends games whenever his schedule at Blackburn allows, and obviously still cares about the club. 

I don't see how having him as a pundit is trolling us.

We paid 6 million for a player who was far and away the guy at the club with the least technical ability. And he called us Derby City. Total waste of space. Nothing to contribute on and off the pitch and surely disliked by the vast majority of fans for being the personification of the beginning of the decline. 

Disappointed tonight, as we deserved something out of that game. We have some good kids giving it their best, but it is a hard trade they are trying to learn. We just aren’t good enough, mainly because we have no real cutting edge upfront. Hopefully we can hang on to most of the better youngsters for next season, whatever division we are in. Still can’t find it in my bones to have a go at young lads and ageing Pros who are clearly playing for the badge. I wouldn’t urinate on Mel Morris if he were on fire.

12 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Good job Rooney and his team are managing the team, no way will they be giving up..

A win Saturday and we are back on it..we will beat Cardiff last game...still way too many games left to even contemplate giving up.

You honestly think our last game v Cardiff will have anything on it?

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Rooney calling out the officiating for our games now. “No one wants us in the championship”  

I think tonight was the tipping point. I've felt for months that refs have been loathe to give us any 50/50s but its gradually become all out war on us.

I feel so sorry for Rooney. No matter what he does the EFL and cheating referees are absolutely determined to take us down.

Duck em all.