Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

30 touches in opponents box compared to 12 for Cardiff yet only 1 shot on target. Pretty much sums it up.

Ducking shoot.

This has been a real issue. The ref did not cost us the game our ability to create and take scoring opportunities did. We have missed Lawrence in this respect but also his work rate and creativity.

Not sure how a ref doesn’t give a foul for that. In 99% of times, a ref errs on the side of caution and gives a free kick. Not for us though. We get absolutely f all.

Edited by LazloW

Again we can’t blame anyone but our inept ability to pose a problem in the final third …. Last 4 games ….1-0 win v Peterborough (scored in the last minutes of the game) 2-1 loss to a bang average Millwall (they scored our goal but we looked like we could have played another 2 games without scoring)….. oh wait that’s exactly what happened 1-0 loss to Luton and now a 1-0 loss to a woeful Cardiff ….. we have no threat up front at all ….. might need for Rooney to get his boots on again ?

We have zero cutting edge. We could’ve played for another 95 minutes and not scored. Too slow, too many touches, no one breaking the lines trying to make something happen (other than Ravel who had his best game since early season). Two years of embargoes has meant we have a team that can barely compete. They’ve done well, proud of them but we’re hanging by a thread now and defeat on Saturday could well be it. 

But we’ll win on Saturday and the hope will build again.

Wayne’s interview is explosive!! No one wants us in the championship!! 

8 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

he was being held so couldn't attack the ball. Then got shoved down so the attacker could get there first. Blatant foul. 

I don't disagree that it was a foul. I reckon he'll be disappointed how  easily he got rolled considering his experience. Can't be changed now so not much point debating it I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

If we can beat Barnsley and Millwall beat Reading we've still got a chance, back down to 4 points with 30 points available and with Lawrence back. If those results go the other way we're definitely gone.

It'd be five points but I love the optimism. COYR

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

30 touches in opponents box compared to 12 for Cardiff yet only 1 shot on target. Pretty much sums it up.

Ducking shoot.

It does sum it up. We were good up until the most important part. I don’t think it’s a matter of ‘just shoot’. We’re not trying to walk it in, we just don’t create much at all. Plange looked average , Richards off it. Ebosele not great either. Knight industrious but not great quality. It’s been a problem the last 2 years. 

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

What do you expect really? Half the squad isn't ready for the first team

Dont put him on then he gave the ball away on the edge of the Cardiff penalty area and gave up chasing back and kept the ball in play for them to score…

Just now, Yani P said:

I'm glad he us actually calling it out..he is usually far too polite when he talks about the referees..

He sounds pissed off about it. “He wants to ask the question. -21 points not enough punishment for them”

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s how you hit a cross. Could give our players all day and they’d never find a man like that. 3 games without Lawrence, three losses. That red killed any hope we had left.

Well Festy did it 20 mins earlier and Morrison missed the header. And Byrne is a better crosser of the ball than Festy is 

5 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

I Don’t knock the team too much tonight, effort was there but mistakes cost us.  

We are not set up to win games, just not to lose, but that happens when down to bare bones.  

Everything that’s happened this season has taken its toll, hopefully regroup and go one more time.

To be fair rooney brought on ckr sibley  and ebowei .. attacking options but they were all ineffective.

I had us down as a defeat tonight in my predictor. Sadly though, after the Millwall and Luton results I had us finishing three points behind Reading meaning we probably need to turn one of our predicted defeats into a win. This was probably our best chance. The others being Bournemouth, Fulham, Swansea and Blackburn. So it ain’t over but we’ll need snookers if we don’t beat Barnsley.