Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

Doesn't look like there is one, and we only have less than 34 hours to go?  No idea what the rules are re thread starters, but I'll step up for now... feel free to delete/merge, if I've stepped on anyone's toes!

CARDIFF CITY AWAY

TUESDAY 01 MARCH : 19:45
CARDIFF CITY STADIUM

Cardiff WERE on the "To-Catch" list, and whilst that still remains mathematically possible, it ain't realistic now, after a bad week for Rooney's Rams.  They sit 20th, on 36pts, 15 ahead of us, with both teams having 12 games left (including this one).

Current Form (Last 6 games)

Cardiff:  WLWDLL (7pts)
Derby:  LWLWLL (6pts)
So both teams have lost their last 2 games.  They don't look great on paper... but neither do we!

But we have to take solace that, ignoring our points deduction (If only!), we'd be 6pts ahead of them, so they are most certainly beatable... and it's simply far too early for us to lose hope just yet!
Keep believing.   Keep praying.  And most of all, keep the faith.  We ain't down yet!

Visitor Guide:
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/cardiff-city-stadium.html

Head To Head:
https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Cardiff City/

Last Win:
The last victory in this fixture (Away, obvs) was Sept. 2016... We're due one!:

Allsop

Byrne   
Davies   
Cashin   
Buchanan   
Forsyth

Bielik    
Ebosele   
Knight

Kazim  
Plange

Need Festy in the team come what may and Kazim/Plange both look lost on their own. I’d have Byrne took in and Festy on the overlap during attacks. Then Festy in the 3 midfielders during defence. Thank god Lawrence is back against Barnsley. 

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Allsop

Byrne   
Davies   
Cashin   
Buchanan   
Forsyth

Bielik    
Ebosele   
Knight

Kazim  
Plange

Need Festy in the team come what may and Kazim/Plange both look lost on their own. I’d have Byrne took in and Festy on the overlap during attacks. Then Festy in the 3 midfielders during defence. Thank god Lawrence is back against Barnsley. 

Out of curiosity, what formation is that?

22 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Out of curiosity, what formation is that?

5-3-2

I know it’s a little unconventional. I guess I could take Forsyth out for Bird and have Festy on the left? I just think that he needs to start and we need more help upfront.

Seeing as they're another team who like to rough up the opposition and referees constantly let them get away with it, especially against us, and our points return away from home is bordering on diabolical it's hard to see this one going any other way than the most predictable, obvious and painful one.

Saw this posted on the The Championship thread, can you imagine how quick the EFL would be to hand out a retrospective ban to one of our players for doing the same?

Not saying necessarily Ng should be banned, but you can guarantee if it was one of our players they would be.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Last Win:
The last victory in this fixture (Away, obvs) was Sept. 2016... We're due one!:

I was at this game, sat in the home end with a couple of my Bluebird supporting mates so had to sit on my hands when the goals went in for fear of getting my head kicked in…tomorrow night I’m in the away end with our lot and am looking forward to singing loud and proud. 
Really need to see some more intent going forward, more risks in the attacking third, I think about Bird’s effort on Sat that got tipped onto the bar and want to see more of that, take the shot on and see what happens rather than the overplaying and hesitation that we’re guilty of. ? 

We're at the point now where we just need to start going for it.

Like someone has already said we need to play Plange and CKR here cos they are both lost on their own.

I just want to see us have a go. 

Saturday we had one shot on target and lost 1-0. It's just not good enough that. You aren't gonna win many games having one shot on target.

I'd rather see us go for it a bit more. Points are really no good to us now.

After Barnsley we've got Bournemouth and Blackburn away back to back. So we really need to win these next 2 games to have any chance in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We're at the point now where we just need to start going for it.

I agree.

If we lose against Cardiff and Barnsley, that's almost it and we may aswell start playing people for the experience. People like...........

pickme.gif.95744b66cf1f2c589eb42ef71ca24c3a.gif

Edited by IslandExile

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I agree.

If we lose against Cardiff and Barnsley, that's almost it and we may aswell start playing people for the experience. People like...........

pickme.gif.95744b66cf1f2c589eb42ef71ca24c3a.gif

Yeah honestly if we're going to lose then I'd rather get beat 3-2, 4-3 just going for games.

Rather than 1-0 defeats with barely mustering an effort.

Andy Davies has been appointed as the Match Referee for Derby County's Sky Bet Championship fixture at Cardiff City on Tuesday night (7:45pm kick-off).

Davies has overseen 26 games so far this season in all competitions, showing 72 yellow cards and two red cards.

His last Derby match was the 0-0 draw at home to Middlesbrough in the early stages of the 2021/22 season.

Davies will be assisted by Daniel Leach and Michael George on the lines, whilst John Busby has been appointed as the fourth official.