Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

Where to start on this game..

Plenty of possession but poor decisions for crossing etc apart from once, not enough midfielders joining the attack in the box.
Plange was held back in the penalty box in front of the ref with the defender having a handful of his shirt

Curtis was definitely fouled in the goal, they both had hold of each other but before he shot the Cardiff player pulled Curtis out of the way.
The ref too me didnt want to make any decisions so let anything go, which normally ends up punishing us more as we normaly play more football
Plange had a poor game, no anticipation & times he had the ball in the box tried to dribble through players and lost it, ebo played well in patches but again seems to more often that not run into dead ends.

Morrison had one of his better games but should have buried that header, anywhere else it goes in. That was our chance, same as CKR blast over against Luton in the 2nd minute, we dont make many chances so we HAVE to take them.

The passing between Alsopp, Curtis & Cashin drove me nuts, constantly slowed the play down and nearly every time ended up with a big boot by Alsopp to Cardiff, absolutely pointless keeping possession to just do that, many time Curtis or Cashin had 20 yards of free space in front of them and still played it back. Cashin did defend well though, the passing back must be coached into them??

6 of our youth teams on the pitch IIRC, bodes well for the future COYR

Edited by LincsRam

8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Gabbidon on Sky, when asked if it was a foul, said “No. They were both holding eachother off, and Ikpeazu just threwCurtis off balance. So for anybody else, including Frank Lampard’s 3 year old daughter, its a foul.

The fact that Gabbidon is an ex-Cardiff player may be ENTIRELY coincidental to that opinion. 

I hope Tom Lawrence is focused on making amends for his stupidity that has almost certainly cost us points in 3 narrow defeats. 

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I'm sorry, but for all Rooney's bleating about the ref, the answer to tonight's defeat lies far closer to home. 

Bring Sibley on by all means, but for Morrison, not Knight! 

Ravel had a decent game, but as someone who hasn't had that much football recently he surely should have been the one to make way, giving Sibley the same position.

Knight having a 10 minute rest given his constitution was pointless, if he'd have been on the pitch that goal doesn't happen.

I thought knight  was poor today and morrison had a good game. but we have no cutting edge, that is very obvious and very painful after three narrow defeats where we should have got something from all three games really if we had any strikers at all.  But I don't think I can remember such poor reffing for the Cardiff goal since attwell against forest .

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, it wouldn't Anybody who genuinely believes there is an agenda to give Derby bad refereeing decisions really needs to grow up and get a grip. 

Its the drip, drip, drip of bad publicity over the season thats done it. I'm not suggesting there has been a meeting and all refs have been ordered to favour other teams v Derby. Refs see the same headlines as other teams fans and feel that somehow we haven't been punished enough.

Its an absolute disgrace and tonight just felt like the final straw. 

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, it wouldn't Anybody who genuinely believes there is an agenda to give Derby bad refereeing decisions really needs to grow up and get a grip. 

Go and tell Wayne that.

we are getting a lot of bad decisions but there is clearly no conspiracy, away from home no way would that have stood had it been us.

It was a foul all day long - Goodman talking baalocks as usual

30 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I really don't get the blaming of the ref tonight. Davies was weak in the defending, and Festy went down too easily. That is a 50/50 decision, you could argue it either way. Being victims doesn't help. That loss is on us. 

If we had took just one chance, been more clinical, that last bit of defending wouldn’t have happened, it would have been a different game. Defending didn’t lose us this game, lack of spark and killer instinct up front did.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

Go and tell Wayne that.

we are getting a lot of bad decisions but there is clearly no conspiracy, away from home no way would that have stood had it been us.

It was a foul all day long - Goodman talking baalocks as usual

Wayne disappointed me massively with his comments. We were poor all night, the arguable decision didn't cost us. 

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its the drip, drip, drip of bad publicity over the season thats done it. I'm not suggesting there has been a meeting and all refs have been ordered to favour other teams v Derby. Refs see the same headlines as other teams fans and feel that somehow we haven't been punished enough.

Thought the ref got most things right tonight. If CKR had scored that and the goal was disallowed many would be up in arms. 50/50 and decision went against us….

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We haven't had worse decisions than other teams. Every team gets loads of poo decisions, the refs in this league are bad. We nicked a point from Birmingham with an offside Bielik with his foot dangerously high. I don't think it's a disgrace, nor do I feel hard done by. 

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

If we had took just one chance, been more clinical, that last bit of defending wouldn’t have happened, it would have been a different game. Defending didn’t lose us this game, lack of spark and killer instinct up front did.

Exactly that, you create your own luck. I've never been one to state that penalty decisions and fouls cost you games, as if you were good enough you wouldn't be relying on those fine margins. I think this was probably a mixture of Rooney being frustrated and looking to take the heat off his players ahead of another must win game. 

13 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

We don't have any other attackers and Plange was struggling. What else could we do?

Settle/aim for a point and put on stearman 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought knight  was poor today and morrison had a good game. but we have no cutting edge, that is very obvious and very painful after three narrow defeats where we should have got something from all three games really if we had any strikers at all.  But I don't think I can remember such poor reffing for the Cardiff goal since attwell against forest .

I am delighted that I'm not the only Derby fan that still holds a grudge against Atwell for that diabolical display, even though it must be over 10 years ago now.

Saw him reffing the league cup final this weekend and it brought it all back.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We haven't had worse decisions than other teams. Every team gets loads of poo decisions, the refs in this league are bad. We nicked a point from Birmingham with an offside Bielik with his foot dangerously high. I don't think it's a disgrace, nor do I feel hard done by. 

Bully for you - every ducker else does! ?