v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

Great result ! Fighting all the way.

Messy game with the red cards and so on. You could see the skill gap but we moved the ball a tad slowly I felt. Festy was eager enough but it felt like he was holding back something. A bit slow to react / flat footed at times ? 

Cashin had a peach of a debut. Positioning, blocks, headers, calm under pressure 

Bird Byrne Bielik Knight all worked their what nots off

Curtis, he really is playing some great football and consistent as ever

Festy, see above

Fozzy kept at it 

Lawrence, red mist, it can happen to the best of us, but foolish and unnecessary. Pity, we’ll miss him 

Alsop knitted some bobble hats in his spare time I guess 

Plange needs better service but worked hard, looked dangerously stealthy 

I couldn’t see clearly what happened when Sibley broke between 2 players and was brought down on the edge of the box ? It looked as red as the other two but that’s a partisan fan view .. anyone see it clearly ? 

Thought the ref did pretty well until the last 10/15 mins. Didn’t get the feeling we had to battle him too ! . Also thought the east stand Lino was sharp and on his game

No doubt we are in it to the end but with the gap to safety the same we need to keep the peddle to the metal. 
Well done men, unbroken still ???COYR

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Great result ! Fighting all the way.

Messy game with the red cards and so on. You could see the skill gap but we moved the ball a tad slowly I felt. Festy was eager enough but it felt like he was holding back something. A bit slow to react / flat footed at times ? 

Cashin had a peach of a debut. Positioning, blocks, headers, calm under pressure 

Bird Byrne Bielik Knight all worked their what nots off

Curtis, he really is playing some great football and consistent as ever

Festy, see above

Fozzy kept at it 

Lawrence, red mist, it can happen to the best of us, but foolish and unnecessary. Pity, we’ll miss him 

Alsop knitted some bobble hats in his spare time I guess 

Plange needs better service but worked hard, looked dangerously stealthy 

I couldn’t see clearly what happened when Sibley broke between 2 players and was brought down on the edge of the box ? It looked as red as the other two but that’s a partisan fan view .. anyone see it clearly ? 

Thought the ref did pretty well until the last 10/15 mins. Didn’t get the feeling we had to battle him too ! . Also thought the east stand Lino was sharp and on his game

No doubt we are in it to the end but with the gap to safety the same we need to keep the peddle to the metal. 
Well done men, unbroken still ???COYR

Festy was fine until one of them stomped on his foot. Wasnt the same after. The West Stand linesman was clueless. Looking forward to seeing how close the ball was to being over the line for a goal. Also didnt flag for 2 of theirs with arms all over plange ( i think) in SW corner - right in front of him

Edited by CBRammette
Added stuff

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

Would you have said the same if Posh had scored the late winner?

Yes I would , where we are at this point in the season every single player will be free from blame no matter what for the rest of this season  for me , nobody does that kind of stuff or makes a costly mistake on purpose, fans , players and staff in it together as one in a way I’ve not seen at derby for a very long time 

If you prefer your promotions to be via the play off's, as opposed to automatic, then as must-win games go, this was an absolute belter!  Beautifully scripted, superbly cast, performed to absolute perfection, and of course, a happy ending to bring a tear to the eyes of grown men (and women... obvs!)  What's not to love!  ?

My initial thoughts on TL's red card was "Stupid boy.  But not to worry, we're well on top, this 0-0 won't last much longer, and it won't cost us"... then it suddenly dawned that he'll miss (presumably?) the next 3 games games.
So change that to "Ducking Stupid twit"!
Our bones are bare enough as it is.  I hope that doesn't end up proving unforgivable!

So... 22nd eh?... imagine that!... still fighting to the end... Nice!  

?

48 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Lawrence made a mistake. Forget it and move on. No need to berate him over it, he's been awesome this season.

What an afternoon again. Superb entertainment and the togetherness in the stands is special. Best ever since PPS opened? 

All about the positives.

Yes except perhaps brighton second leg of play off semi. I blame myself for Tom - he lost the ball in front of us, tracked back but didnt go in from behind like he would have done so I said " he's really matured this season". Sorry folks! Can see why as no free kick when he someone seemed to hit him in face just before but you cant do that. I'm sure he will be more gutted than anyone. 

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, that's it Tom. 

Get yourself on holiday, lad.

How about giving 2 weeks of your wages back to the club whilst you're sunning yourself. 

Dick. 

I’m sorry but this is bow locks. He made a stupid mistake but doesn’t deserve the stick he’s getting. He has won us lots of points this season and without him we would be nowhere near safety. The togetherness of the players and fans this season is remarkable. We don’t need or want this negativity… shameful post