Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Unbelievable fight - but so frustrating to go two down to a team that offered nothing other than hoping Carroll would win every long ball. Big point but felt like two points dropped to me on full reflection. But we keep going and what a header by Curtis! This team is very good when it’s playing well. 

I know what you mean, but it was so important that we did not lose this game and let Reading get 14 points ahead instead of 11.

7 minutes ago, Kenavo said:

Great comeback, but a game we could have / should have won. Reading are absolute pants.

You’re right but in the past few seasons we would have sulked at being undeservedly two down. This team has a different attitude.

Carroll bullied us and Hoillett has always been a dangerous player.

For a change we looked shaky in defence and our forwards came too deep, clogging the midfield. We didn’t get the breaks until the keeper fumbled that cross. From then on, we looked the more likely, though I was glad we cleared that last free kick, albeit with the help of Curtis’s hand! ?

Before the game started I just thought we would be drab........I wasn't upset at going 2 goals down, I sort of expected it, and was just in a "it is what it is, we go again next time mood"........but again these boys keep fighting and credit where credit is due earn a point.......outstanding, I am buzzing COYR

18 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

But one game CAN make a massive difference...We win.. 8 points behind, catchable.. Reading win 14 points behind.. uncatchable!

So what you're saying is that, if over the weekend of the 15th/16th January, if we lose and Reading, Hull and Cardiff win it's game over as they'll all be at least 14 points ahead and therefore uncatchable?

I'm glad you're not doing the team talks.

Edited by Tamworthram

58 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Frustrating watch.

1) We've been really unlucky. We are playing well.

2) It's weird how much Derby fans hate Jozwiak for not being early-career Ronaldo. He's a tidy, busy, passing-darting type of winger and he's playing well in this team.

He had a fairly ordinary game, and a few times went totally slack tracking back. In the box he wasn't quite there and tbh as with Lawrence, we need more.

7 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The two Sky post-match pundits/summarisers/numpties are talking their usual tosh. 70% possession and double the number of attempts on goal, but apparently we were never in it. Drivel. Reading had two chances and scored two goals. Hardly dominated did they!  Frustrates me so much that we never get any credit for anything.  Aaghh.

Think yourself lucky that you weren’t listening to the ESPN US commentary - permanently muttering about Reading suffering a 6 point deduction, the audacity to praise ‘the noise of these Berkshire fans’ - he could hardly speak after Curtis did his Ronaldo impersonation…

Unbelievable fighting spirit from this squad of players. 

The only explanation I have for us finishing with more energy than a team that have had time to do nothing but train and relax is the passion and desire of our players. 

The final ball and chances created might not have been the best today,  but you will not see many teams in this league battling for the whole game after such a hectic schedule. 

We'll fight to the end. 

We deserved at least that much. Despite going 2-down, both goals against the run of play, we kept playing football, not "lumping it to Andy" which was pretty much Reading's only tactic. Great spirit, great fight, players coming off the bench and making a difference, kids of 19, 20, 21, bossing the midfield, 35/36 Yr olds nailing headers from the penalty spot... Unbelievable Jeff! 

Well done Derby. Again. Fight and determination of these players is a credit to all involved. 

Off the pitch circumstances should have this team going down with a wimper but, unbelievable resolve from Derby. The on field attitude has Definitely been transferred into the stands. Well done players, well done fans. We still believe.