The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

There’s been speculation on here that Morris will pay off MSD in order to avoid -15. And in return he will get some sort of sleeping investment in the club going forward.

If that’s what Q have been negotiating with him over the last 3 weeks, then he will be involved in every bid. And we should be pleased about that if it avoids -15 (or worse) 

I have seen these rumours floating around. But if Morris is prepared to be involved in a debt for equity swap, can he not also be persuaded to sell his equity stake? Any involvment by him (even as s sleeping investment) will be unpalatable for some.

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think it's best not to get anxious or angry about something that may be nothing more than an Internet rumour. We've got enough to be anxious and angry about as it is. 

Absolutely - let’s wait for the reality to occur but we would need all the information to make a fully informed choice

We’re speculating about something that could be (probably is) complete baalocks. Clearly he’s a stakeholder/creditor unfortunately due to the ground that’s probably (hopefully) the limit of his involvement. 

If it does turn out baalocks then BAWT have a lot to answer for. They are the ones perpetuating this rumour and giving it visibility. I was for BAWT initially and I’m not against them now but Nigel Owen pissed me off a bit on RD on Friday night and certainly wasn’t representing views of majority of fans IMO. Think some of them are starting to get ideas above their station.   If it does turn out true then I take it all back.

We will see what transpires. 

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We’re speculating about something that could be (probably is) complete baalocks. Clearly he’s a stakeholder/creditor unfortunately due to the ground that’s probably (hopefully) the limit of his involvement. 

If it does turn out baalocks then BAWT have a lot to answer for. They are the ones perpetuating this rumour and giving it visibility. I was for BAWT initially and I’m not against them now but Nigel Owen pissed me off a bit on RD on Friday night and certainly wasn’t representing views of majority of fans IMO. Think some of them are starting to get ideas above their station.   If it does turn out true then I take it all back.

We will see what transpires. 

I missed the RD show on Friday. Nigel alway seems pretty good, but I agree with you some of the stuff BAWT has come up with recently is full of conspiracy theories and they seem to have gone off the rails.  

If some of MMs money is used to oil the wheels for the deal to go through and avoid the 15 points I’m not sure why people would then withdraw their support of the Club. I thought most wanted him to cough up in some way? And if as a result he retained a % or shareholding then so be it. Some Clubs have and are still bank rolled by Dodgy Russian money or Saudi government cash. Why should we be ashamed to have a local who want to at least try to right his past mistakes 

Why would Mel want to be involved, other than possibly leasing the stadium to the club. Ownership of the club was Mel’s vanity project that didn’t end well, Mel’s credibility within football would surely be zero.

Being involved in a failed business where the Tax payer and the creditors have presumably have had to suffer losses and then regaining involvement at some level wouldn’t sit well with many people. I would be surprised if Mel were not perceptive enough to  realise that.

3 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

If some of MMs money is used to oil the wheels for the deal to go through and avoid the 15 points I’m not sure why people would then withdraw their support of the Club. I thought most wanted him to cough up in some way? And if as a result he retained a % or shareholding then so be it. Some Clubs have and are still bank rolled by Dodgy Russian money or Saudi government cash. Why should we be ashamed to have a local who want to at least try to right his past mistakes 

Totally agree. Derby is my team. I was born in Abingdon Street just over the railway from the BBG and then till I was 15 moved to Dairyhouse Road in earshot of the BBG. Season ticket holder for donkeys years. It’s my team and I can’t imagine a world without the Rams. I may be without scruples but I don’t care who is involved with my team so long as we are saved from liquidation or not getting -15 points

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

He has to go, if he stays I will never set foot in that ground again till he's gone......

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinions but, as I said in an earlier post, the club is far more important to me than any single person and, if he was still at the club, I personally wouldn't let his involvement stop me coming to PP and supporting my team.

Edited by angieram

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinions but, as I said in an earlier post, the club is far more important to me than any single person and, if he was still at the club, I personally wouldn't let his involvement stop me coming to PP and supporting my team.

Yeah, you said.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I have seen these rumours floating around. But if Morris is prepared to be involved in a debt for equity swap, can he not also be persuaded to sell his equity stake? Any involvment by him (even as s sleeping investment) will be unpalatable for some.

I think it would be difficult to imagine him "sleeping" esp if SP still in place. If this is the case though as the only way forward to save the club, return the ground and allow it to move on before further damage could there be a long term aim for a charitable trust receiving donations from local fans, businesses, celeb fans obv including George, to buy/have his shares at an agreed up front very very discounted "I'm sorry for all this ?" price? Or thought of any money going to him unpalatable evening knowing he is taking huge hit? It seems a huge shame getting to this point after all this grief and how galvanised the fan base has been to come out of this with no fan involvement in ownership?

15 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Totally agree. Derby is my team. I was born in Abingdon Street just over the railway from the BBG and then till I was 15 moved to Dairyhouse Road in earshot of the BBG. Season ticket holder for donkeys years. It’s my team and I can’t imagine a world without the Rams. I may be without scruples but I don’t care who is involved with my team so long as we are saved from liquidation or not getting -15 points

My Grandparents lived on Abingdon St.

I think if MM is directly involved in anything other than just the stadium ownership (and hopefully that involvement includes ultimately relinquishing said ownership - and soon) them my support (for what it's worth) for the club won't waver (it can't - both mine and my wife's family history are enmeshed within the club) - but there will be an element of 'through gritted teeth' until the man is a (very large and very troubled) footnote in the club's history.

I do admire the fans groups but wonder how they think they represent the rank and file of supporters. Recently somewhere I red that bawt have a committee of 13 "founder members" not elected but founder members but they post that should Morris, the stadium owner, be involved they would decide what to do next. Not in my name they will not and I suspect not in thousands of others. Why do they think that they speak for anybody but themselves when they have not even bothered to ask others?