The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Why is it a gift to sell an equity stake? If the stake is worth something then someone else will be prepared to pay something for it. And if it's worth nothing then he may as well write it off anyway.

Anyways this is just speculation only slightly more credible than the Clooney rumour and not as much fun.

His equity is worth nothing and he’s selling it for nothing. 
Looks like what’s happened is:  Q had no unqualified bids that cleared the bar. (Talk about mismanaging the process...) And no bidders wanted a div 1 club on -9 or worse. So Q  had to go back to MM and say ‘sorry if the club is to avoid liquidation you need to throw in the 20m deposit you have with MSD.  And he said “OK. But if I do that and the buyer makes out like bandits I need a share of the upside obviously.” It’s probably what you would have said in his shoes 

Only slightly more credible than the Clooney rumour ? Really ?

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

His equity is worth nothing and he’s selling it for nothing. 
Looks like what’s happened is:  Q had no unqualified bids that cleared the bar. (Talk about mismanaging the process...) And no bidders wanted a div 1 club on -9 or worse. So Q  had to go back to MM and say ‘sorry if the club is to avoid liquidation you need to throw in the 20m deposit you have with MSD.  And he said “OK. But if I do that and the buyer makes out like bandits I need a share of the upside obviously.” It’s probably what you would have said in his shoes 

Only slightly more credible than the Clooney rumour ? Really ?

How can the administrators be accused of mismanagement, if bidders are not prepared to submit bids to clear the bar that is not their fault.

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

How can the administrators be accused of mismanagement, if bidders are not prepared to submit bids to clear the bar that is not their fault.

Exactly this !! There is some real tosh on here when people start saying Q mismanaging when they know duck all …how is it mismanagement when it’s quite obvious no one has come up with enough money …drivel I’m afraid 

Q have had to navigate the unexpected intransigence & deviance of the EFL / Gibson in finding themselves unable to name a PB since before Xmas - and again for months afterwards, due to the constructive and intentional ambiguity over the parasite claims; then they have seen off the Binnies and especially Kirchner's low-sided pram antics, IMHO probably a good weeding-out.

Then latterly, they have needed to instruct bidders (again) to re-present or amend their bids to submit them in a single, clear and uniform format, set out as requested - to prevent flankers and hidden conditions/clauses and for Q to be finally in a position to compare the bids exactly and directly. Let's hope it's now happening and that the 'chosen ones' meet all the thresholds.

Q's communication inconsistency and flawed deadlining have vexed us all - but they have had to disentangle Mel's mess, create a data room, produce a template for unambiguous bidding amid all the crap from the EFL and disparate approaches from would-be owners.

Bleedin' nightmare, that's for sure....now we might just be close to seeing some daylight.

C O Y R

10 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

It’s Q’s job to get us out of admin.  It’s their job to read the market, to understand if their request for viable bids is going to fail (as it did a month ago). And if it IS going to fail, it’s their job to find a fix. A fix has now been found it seems, but once again, too late.
Once again. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

17 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s Q’s job to get us out of admin.  It’s their job to read the market, to understand if their request for viable bids is going to fail (as it did a month ago). And if it IS going to fail, it’s their job to find a fix. A fix has now been found it seems, but once again, too late.
Once again. 

How so?

I'm at the tail end of moving house not at exchange of contracts yet, If my seller decides to up the price is it my Solicitors fault for not "reading the market" ?‍♂️

Ah yes, the thriving, competitive and fast moving market of people outbidding each other for the privilege of sinking an initial £30m-£40m into a club plunged into crisis by its previous owner. Should be easy, only take a few weeks.

Have I forgotten that bit where it was revealed Quantuma have mystic powers and mind-control abilities, so are in fact responsible for how, when, who from and in what format the bids come in and can literally force other people to act in the best interests of a quick deal that satisfies all required parties?

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

To be fair to the administrators, if we’re out of admin by the summer transfer window I think they’ll have done a remarkable job, considering the issues faced. Some clubs stay in admin for absolutely ages. Less than a year I would say is fairly successful. 

Don’t think you are far wrong. But how is Wayne going to bring in 40 players in a couple of weeks ? When  will season tickets go on sale? I just hope the EFL like the business plan and don’t mess us about anymore.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Once again. 

It is NOT THEIR JOB to get the club OUT OF ADMINISTRATION. It is to sort out the mess in which led to the club being placed in administration by the owner.

They are not miracle workers they are financial administrators,in all honesty there is very little to promote to sell the club as a going concern. They are not interested in the sentimental side of things,just business. Their role is to get a good a deal for the creditors as possible and sell the club if possible. 

I am sure they are far more experienced in such matters as you and i,especially when it comes to reading the market.

Some people need to give their heads a wobble.

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think you are far wrong. But how is Wayne going to bring in 40 players in a couple of weeks ? When  will season tickets go on sale? I just hope the EFL like the business plan and don’t mess us about anymore.

About as likely as me winning the Euromillions lottery - which I don't enter.....

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It is NOT THEIR JOB to get the club OUT OF ADMINISTRATION. It is to sort out the mess in which led to the club being placed in administration by the owner.

They are not miracle workers they are financial administrators,in all honesty there is very little to promote to sell the club as a going concern. They are not interested in the sentimental side of things,just business. Their role is to get a good a deal for the creditors as possible and sell the club if possible. 

I am sure they are far more experienced in such matters as you and i,especially when it comes to reading the market.

Some people need to give their heads a wobble.

But surely the best deal for creditors and selling the Club will always be one and the same thing as NOT selling the Club and therefore liquidating remaining assets would be the worst possible deal for creditors. 

I suspect Quantuma themselves admit they have not got every call they have made right, but that in no-way equates to mis-management.

A small team of non-industry specific business professionals were parachuted in to a high-profile, distressed and financially compromised business and are being castigated for not turning it around in six months.

It's like blaming Road Traffic Officers for the delay to your journey.... and not the 10-vehicle pile-up they are slowing down the traffic to avoid!

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

But surely the best deal for creditors and selling the Club will always be one and the same thing as NOT selling the Club and therefore liquidating remaining assets would be the worst possible deal for creditors. 

There comes a time when there is no viable option than apart to liquidate a business.

26 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Seems at present they are having to concentrate on finishing the season,even when a preferred bidder is chosen it doesn't mean they take over ownership in a couple of weeks. It could be after the season has finished that they get handed the keys,if they still want them.