The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

His equity is worth nothing and he’s selling it for nothing. 
Looks like what’s happened is:  Q had no unqualified bids that cleared the bar. (Talk about mismanaging the process...) And no bidders wanted a div 1 club on -9 or worse. So Q  had to go back to MM and say ‘sorry if the club is to avoid liquidation you need to throw in the 20m deposit you have with MSD.  And he said “OK. But if I do that and the buyer makes out like bandits I need a share of the upside obviously.” It’s probably what you would have said in his shoes 

Only slightly more credible than the Clooney rumour ? Really ?

I can pretty much guarantee that your Mel hypothesis is wrong? I'm not ITK or an insolvency expert, but I still know that it's wrong.

Why? Because it makes perfect sense, and this is Derby County, where nothing ever actually makes sense. ?

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I can pretty much guarantee that your Mel hypothesis is wrong? I'm not ITK or an insolvency expert, but I still know that it's wrong.

Why? Because it makes perfect sense, and this is Derby County, where nothing ever actually makes sense. ?

Of course it’s wrong. 

Mel is just helping the PB to ease it through with the Stadium .

Mel isn’t coming back to takeover 

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

A small team of non-industry specific business professionals were parachuted in

Pretty sure when they were hired that we were told that they were "experts in the field of sports clubs in administration"?

or some such

The mistake they have made continually is to be overly optimistic and transparent with when they expected to get the club out of administration. "By christmas" was their first attempt no?

10 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Would the EFL even let him pass the fit & proper test?

Well it wouldn't be the first time they've ushered through individuals with extremely suspect personal histories. Also, they have Peter Ridsdale on their main board so what does that tell you?

Edited by Wolfie20

17 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

That would seem a strange “option” when we know that offers in region of £30m have been turned down. Liquidation would raise a small fraction of that. 

We don't know what percentage of that is for creditors, just because someone has offered in the region of £30M doesn't mean it is a viable option for the administrators or indeed the creditors to accept. For all anyone knows as no one is ITK that may include the ground.

It is not just about what creditors receive,the administrators have to consider whether the club is a viable option going forward with all the debt. They won't sell to see the club back in administration in 12 months time.They will just look at things from a business view, they will not have any emotional attachment to the club.

My personal opinion is and i know people won't agree is that the administrators have done well to keep the club going up to now.

13 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Anyone else think that the leaky EFL walls will tell us via Nixon etc as soon as we (Q) have introduced our PB?

Yes. But Nixon will garble it. Percy may have the first info though, Birch has him on the bat phone. 

1 hour ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Would the EFL even let him pass the fit & proper test?

Incredibly, yes.  This was confirmed in the minutes of one of the SCG meetings.  You're allowed two failures or insolvencies or however they worded it |(the EFL) before you are disqualified.

This theory that Morris may be one of interested parties?

so someone can put club up for sale at ridiculous price then go into admin walk away and get admin team to buy club paying off a percentage of debt…then can bud themselves to walk back in and take over!! really?

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

This theory that Morris may be one of interested parties?

so someone can put club up for sale at ridiculous price then go into admin walk away and get admin team to buy club paying off a percentage of debt…then can bud themselves to walk back in and take over!! really?

Yes. It's possible. Buuuuut....

When that does happen, it's not like this. You don't have the business being run by administrators for 9 months racking up consultancy bills and ludicrous expenses.

No, when an owner does that, they usually figure out a pre-pack adminstration. The company is in admin for a matter of hours.

It's how the 3 Amigos got control of Derby. Co-op called in their loans, forced the club into administration and sold the club to those 3 chancers for £1.