Bad behaviour by Derby (& coventry) fans again

B4ev6is

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but police and stewards seem a lot more thin on the ground than previously, I have noticed it at PP and yesterday. I think the trouble could have been prevented very easily yesterday if it was nipped in the bud early, if clubs are hard up then maybe security is being overlooked a little so this kind of trouble could be seen again in the near future

9 minutes ago, turbo said:

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but police and stewards seem a lot more thin on the ground than previously, I have noticed it at PP and yesterday. I think the trouble could have been prevented very easily yesterday if it was nipped in the bud early, if clubs are hard up then maybe security is being overlooked a little so this kind of trouble could be seen again in the near future

I thought the same, but don't they have a minimum allocation to meet?  So many stewards, and a minimum number of police available?  The bill goes to the club? 
Probably attendance related, of course, with the required numbers going up in stages depending on number of tickets sold/expected crowd?  Got to be part of the licence agreement, or whatever it's called?

?‍♂️

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know its petty in a way, but last time I was at Cov away there were grown men calling my (then 15 year old) sister a whore and asking her how much for a go on the way to the train station. I had to physically stop some of them trying to grab her. 

No sympathy. None at all.

That's horrible. 

Last time I went they were hitting stewards and we saw one take tumble down the stand as they were protesting about SISU. 

I guess the people match the place. 

I'll make one statement on this, as I appreciate this is a football thread in a football forum, but this is part of the society we have created in the past six or seven years - and it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better. People are angry and that anger comes out more and more, plus people with extreme views feel legitimised for the first time in a generation to openly vocalists those views. Football is just a very convenient place for it to be released.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'll make one statement on this, as I appreciate this is a football thread in a football forum, but this is part of the society we have created in the past six or seven years - and it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better. People are angry and that anger comes out more and more, plus people with extreme views feel legitimised for the first time in a generation to openly vocalists those views. Football is just a very convenient place for it to be released.

Spot on and lets be quite clear, that it is a particular brand of populist politicians that have emboldened the nutters.

7 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Spot on and lets be quite clear, that it is a particular brand of populist politicians that have emboldened the nutters.

Now look what you've started 

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It was when the Coventry fans started with the "City of Culture, You'll never sing that" chants that I really lost it. 

Bloomin' philistines ?

Have they got all the chewing gum off the pavements yet? There was more gum than pavement last time I was there, about18 months ago.

21 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Sorry, I have to disagree. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with people being angry or the society we have created over the last six or seven years. It’s just a bunch of mindless thugs so, let’s not make excuses for them.

edit: assuming you’re referring to the trouble yesterday which, I realise now, you may not have been.

Edited by Tamworthram